First Solid food

mommyrkr

Enjoy those eggs!

I've had my second fill, and now that I have restriction, eggs are a problem. Pre-fill, I could eat a grilled chicken sandwich. Now it's not an option. I could also eat an egg burrito. Not even a question now. I've got the right amount of restriction, and it's amazing what a difference it makes. But be prepared for a big difference after your fills!

My surgery got postponed. My doctor is building their own surgery center and he offered me a substantial discount to move to the new surgery center. I'm a self payer so I took the offer. Looks like I won't get banded until mid november - darn. I was scheduled to have my first real meal on Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll do it the week after Thanksgiving so I can eat SOME turkey! :lol:

My surgery got postponed. My doctor is building their own surgery center and he offered me a substantial discount to move to the new surgery center. I'm a self payer so I took the offer. Looks like I won't get banded until mid november - darn. I was scheduled to have my first real meal on Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll do it the week after Thanksgiving so I can eat SOME turkey! :lol:

Saving some money is well worth waiting for some turkey if you ask me. There will be many other years.

Good luck.

Becki

So, I've been on solid foods for a week and a half, I feel so much better now. I was stressing like crazy only being able to eat broth and stuff. My first actual food was 2 mini breakfast burritos. My bowels weren't too happy a few hours later, but oh well.

• 4 weeks later...

My first semi-solid was potato soup, not as running as the doctor suggested, also topped with cheese. It was so good!! I've eaten more cream potatoes in the last few weeks than my entire life but they are better that the pudding and broth and pop sickles. I'm so tired of pop sickles!!!

The Country-Crock cream potatoes are great and easy.

My first solid food was 1/2 turkey sandwich on white bread with mustard and mayo. Doctor says to chew your food 25 times. That's impossible to do!! After you chew about 15 times, it automatically goes down. Just take small bites. I got in a hurry with the last couple of bites but they stayed down.

Surgery was 10-9-06 and nothing has come back yet!!

You are not as hungry as you think you are. It's just bad habits. Wanting to eat all the time, but remember the band was a life-changing event. We have to break our bad habits.

I had my first adjustment a week ago and I'm still full. Even when my stomach is grawning, I'm full.

My first semi-solid was potato soup, not as running as the doctor suggested, also topped with cheese. It was so good!! I've eaten more cream potatoes in the last few weeks than my entire life but they are better that the pudding and broth and pop sickles. I'm so tired of pop sickles!!!

The Country-Crock cream potatoes are great and easy.

My first solid food was 1/2 turkey sandwich on white bread with mustard and mayo. Doctor says to chew your food 25 times. That's impossible to do!! After you chew about 15 times, it automatically goes down. Just take small bites. I got in a hurry with the last couple of bites but they stayed down.

Surgery was 10-9-06 and nothing has come back yet!!

You are not as hungry as you think you are. It's just bad habits. Wanting to eat all the time, but remember the band was a life-changing event. We have to break our bad habits.

I had my first adjustment a week ago and I'm still full. Even when my stomach is grawning, I'm full.

Hi KatJab, glad to her from someone who is just going through these life adjustments. My daughter is a nurse in Atlanta, she tells me all the time to "chew my food".... and it is something we just doin't think about I suppose.. I never realized how much I gobbled and how unconsious I was about eating.. Thanks for your posting.. I'll be anxious to hear about your progress. I'm going down at theend of November.

Best , CJ Clinton

• 8 months later...