Dr. Ortiz's Book

I was banded on 4-3-08 and felt pretty comfortable with everything so far. Occasionally I will come up with a question, but never thought too much of it. I recently ordered Dr. Ortiz's book, WOW. It was amazing! Coming from me, that means alot. I HATE to read, but his book was very interesting and I learned alot. He talks about plateau's and everything. I remember about a month or so ago, someone posted on here that the fill doctor that they went to see told them that muscle does not really weigh more than fat. According to Dr. Ortiz, muscle weighs 4 times as much as fat.

I just wanted to share this with you all, It's not real often I get excited about a book. But this book was the bomb!

Thanks for this post. I asked about his book last week and am assuming it's a must have BEFORE the surgery. Amazon should be delivering it to me tomorrow.

Now as far as fat weighing less than muscle, I have always cringed when someone has told me this. 5 lbs is 5 lbs wether it's fat or muscle. Muscle is dense and lean where fat is well, fat blobby jelly. This will be a conversation I will have to have with Dr O! HAHAHAHA

Thanks for this post. I asked about his book last week and am assuming it's a must have BEFORE the surgery. Amazon should be delivering it to me tomorrow.

Now as far as fat weighing less than muscle, I have always cringed when someone has told me this. 5 lbs is 5 lbs wether it's fat or muscle. Muscle is dense and lean where fat is well, fat blobby jelly. This will be a conversation I will have to have with Dr O! HAHAHAHA

Yep - you are right! 5 lb's is 5 lb's. You can't change physics. If Dr. O says that in the book, he is definitely wrong. Now, what I think is meant is 5 lb's of fat takes up as much as 4 times space as 5 lbs of muscle. That makes sense....

Maybe that is what he meant on the muscle/fat. I don't know. Would be nice to find out forsure. I have been told my many that muscle weights more, but maybe it is just the size, I don't know. Would be nice to find out forsure. I was just repeating what I read.

I bought my book from Amazon also since OCC was out. Best book ever!

I bought the book about a month ago from Amazon and it was very good. I refer back to it often for questions I have. I wasn't even banded at the OCC, but I still feel the book is very helpful to any bandster.

Denise

Just got the book last week. I have only gotten through 2 chapters, but it is really good so far. Once I have my procedure I really think it will be very helpful. My mom bought it too which was really nice. Will be nice for her to understand. I got mine off Amazon as well.