Less than 1 week!!

mysterymachine

Im on day 16 of the post op and haven't cheated once but it sure is hard. I'm dying to have cottage cheese, or applesauce or pudding or anything with more texture than soup.

It was easier when i started the soup phase but its just gotten me hungrier lately!

Anyone else want to vent? hahaha : :D

YEAH, I'D LIKE TO VENT:

I'M EATING SOLIDS AND NOT LOSING WEIGHT NOW :o LOL

HANG IN THERE, YOU'RE CLOSE!!! :D

Hey Dave,

I feel your pain. I want something with some texture soooooo bad. But I am counting down. I have made it this far doing everthing perfect, so I am not about to waste all my hard work.

Yesterday was my daughters fifth birthday. No cake, no dinner, nothing but pea soup. It was hard.

Becki

I'm 14 days out and I totally know what you mean! I told my husband, it's not that I'm hungry, I'm texture starved! I just want to chew something. Today I has some thinned out mashed potatoes and soup with some veggies bits. It's all very soft, and borderline drinkable so I don't think I'm putting myself at risk. The chunks didn't even require chewing, just a smooshing around with your tongue. Even that helped me so much. I know it isn't an approved method at this stage. But I needed something thicker to feel more full and satisfied.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Odd, I'm on day 8, and I've had babyfood, applesauce, watered down

mashed potatoes with cheese broccoli, odwalla superfood, odwalla vanilla protein drink.

The babyfood is great!

I just make sure it is all mashed really, really well.

The doc told me I could have anything that might go through a straw,

but NOT to use a straw. I just water it down or puree it in a blender.

I can't wait till I can remove my surgery tape!!