My "baby"

denisem

My 5-year old daughter started to Kindergarten today! She is my only child and it left me a little misty eyed to say the least. She was very brave and it didn't bother her one bit to be followed around being filmed and photographed all morning long by her overly obsessed parents! :P

Her main concern was lunchtime and how she would find me in the carpool line. I'll post a picture of her if I can figure out how.

I just wanted to share this special day with you all.

Denise

Mine starts on the 2nd of Sept. It is kinda kindergarden, he will be going to a life skills class, since he is special needs. But this will be his first time on one of those yellow buses. I am going to cry my eyes out. My little guy is growing up. This class is so important. They are going to work on sign language and verbal language and potty training and setting a schedule and for him to learn how to show what he needs. He will come far in this class. We hope to intergrate him with other kids who are not autistic. I worry about him but if this class works out. He should really grow. I just love him so much, I want to just keep him protected. It is hard to let him go and get on that bus. hopefully I can do it. It is so hard. I guess I will be taking about 5 changes of clothes a day until he figures out the potty training deal. This should be interesting.

My second and last child started kindergarten this year as well. She was so excited. When we got there she wanted me to stay. That got me. I came back 2 minutes after I left to make sure she was doing okay and she laughing and playing with the other kids. Oh, she doesn't need me like she used to. Now she can't wait for school to start. Congrats on this milestone. they grow so fast.

Oh how sweet! I will probably need drugs the day mine start school! LOL

I feel sorry for all you moms with your kids going off to school. As for me, every September that rolls around, I STILL am grateful that it isn't me going back! Oh how I hated the start of each new school year. I still get those pangs of DESPAIR in my belly and I have been out of school since 1977!

I'm amazed at how you all held up! LOL Now I really feel like a baby! I bawled my eyes out when my oldest daughter started kindergarten. I cried yesterday when my youngest went off to kindergarten, but not like I did with the first one. I don't know why, but I thought I was gonna DIE when the first one started. I guess, it's not so scary this time, cause I know that big sister will be there with her. But, yeah, I feel your pain. Monday was not a happy time for me either! ^_^ And now.....It's WAYYYYYYY too quiet here!!

Donna