Fruits and Veggies

ChristineArlene

Hi All, I read these posts a whole lot but have a question that has been bothering me...what do you all do for fruits and veggies? How do you get it all in and what seems to go down best? My two favorites, asparagus and pineapple, seem to be not very band friendly. I'm a little worried that I may lose weight with the band but become more suceptible to cancer in the process. :lb12:

Hi there, I eat caesar salad, mixed green salad, green beans, corn, cauliflower, you can have any veggie you like, just chew really well. Same with fruit, pineapple was on the list to avoid, but you can anything else, chew well.

I personally eat very little fruit, high in natural sugar, I get in yogurt or fruit bars.

Cancer, I haven't heard anything about this linked to the band, do you have more info on this?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CaraMBA09
Hi! Not cancer related to the band, rather related to not eating enough green vegetables. I'm just trying to figure out how to get it in. How much salad can you typically eat? I get solids on Friday and I'm trying to plan...Thank you for your help!

If you are concerned about "potential" cancer, go buy a JackLaLanne juicer...you can juice up apples, carrots, brocolli, wheatgrass, spinach, etc, etc, etc.

Guest CaraMBA09
I wont be able to eat Pineapple???? OH NO!!

Stormy

apparently pineapple is very fibrous if you try to eat it (so is asparagus)

You could probably try to blend it in with a protein drink or blend it into jello...as far as eating eat, I hear it can give you grief

I still eat it. I cut it up into really small bites and chew 30 times.

I don't have problems with anything as long as I eat like this. I even eat rice (brown) just take tiny bites and chew, chew, chew. The only thing I don't eat is white bread - its horrible to chew (taste icky after 30 chews) and seems to get stuck back together once you swallow it down!

Try things that you like and that are good for you - just take small bites (only eat a small amount) and chew each bite 30 times. Some days we can eat something - some days we can't! But I always give it a go if its healthy and good!

I think one of the reasons we loose so much weight is all the chewing we do burns extra calories!!