It's Official!

Hi all,

I'm sitting in my bed here in this nice room at the OCC. I had my surgery a little over an hour ago. Already went for a short walk and have had 2 popsicles, yum!!! so far so good!!! The gas is the only discomfort that I have at the moment... oh and I couldn't wait to get those damn paper thongs off!!!!

Everything has gone as planned and just waiting ot meet with Dr Ortiz. I was the first surgery of the day so I didn't get to talk to him, however I did talk to Dr Martinez. Great guy!!

Well, thats all for now, i'm ready for a nap!!!

Hope all is well and I just wanted to say thanks to all of those who post their wisdom and experience here. I haven't said much lately and that's because I didn't feel that I could really add to all of the excellent info already given. But I'm sure I'll have a lot to say later on down the road.

I appreciate you all for being so open and for explaining your journeys, it is so very helpful!!!

Talk to you soon!

Excellent glad it went well, keep us updated on your progress. I get my band soon and I am nervous.

Congrats I am glad it all went well! I can't wait to join the club! :)

Hi Christina,

Just got home from the OCC. I think I saw you there but was not sure if you were a bandster and didn't want to offend. You are probably going home tomorrow, so good luck with that. Good for you if you are only feeling "discomfort" with the gas. the 3 others who were banded the same day as me (as well as myself)were having a little more trouble than that. It was overall a great experience in TJ and I hope you had a good one as well. Wishes for a quick recovery, Race ya to the finish line! ;)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the positive vibes! I'm home now from TJ and was very very happy to be able to take a nap in my own bed. :) Its the little things at times like these!Anyways, I'm doing well, progressing from the initial day of surgery and the gas pain is getting less each day. (Heidi, sorry to hear that it was rough for you).

I think that I didn't realize how much my body would really go through with having the surgery. Everyone on here has been so helpful and informative about their own experiences that I think that I thought it would just be a breeze for me. Don't get me wrong, its not horrible. I've had surgery before and been in much worse shape. But I think that while we are healing its important to really take it easy. I was hoping to get up and run laps... ok well maybe not "run" but be able to do more and I really wasn't. And thats ok.. the moral of the story is that we all heal differently and experience things differently. I just want to thank you all again for all of the info that is posted on here. It is so very helpful!