Friends.

Hi all

I'm just curious to know from long term bandsters if they have lost friends aswell

as FAT?

I know in Lapband fpr life it says you might.

My friends have been fabulous. Envious, yes but still my friends. Plus they are getting all my castoffs

as they are bigger also.

Not at all, my friends are wonderful and all thinner than I am, so I just want to be able to rock it on the dance floor with them and look just as hot!! And they want that for me too!!

I have super supportive friends and co-workers! If a friend is jealous of my new thinner look, they are not a true friend.

Hi all

I'm just curious to know from long term bandsters if they have lost friends aswell

as FAT?

I know in Lapband fpr life it says you might.

My friends have been fabulous. Envious, yes but still my friends. Plus they are getting all my castoffs

as they are bigger also.

Unfortunately, I lost a friend of 10 years when I got the band...she just couldn't understand why I'd do that (even though I was 80 lbs. overweight and have food issues) and called me an idiot numerous times especially for going to Mexico...I really didn't think it would happen to me even though I'd read it in the book. My other two really good friends were just excited for me...I was caught off guard, but I guess it really does happen.

Unfortunately, I lost a friend of 10 years when I got the band...she just couldn't understand why I'd do that (even though I was 80 lbs. overweight and have food issues) and called me an idiot numerous times especially for going to Mexico...I really didn't think it would happen to me even though I'd read it in the book. My other two really good friends were just excited for me...I was caught off guard, but I guess it really does happen.

Sorry to hear that AngelaAnn, you need as much support as you can get...and are lucky you still have two very caring friends to be there for you!

And there always us!!

This is a topic I've wanted to discuss... my BEST friend and I have been friends for 14 years.. we were always fat and have gotten fatter together over the years. We love to eat/shop/drink and eat some more. She was not supportive of my decision to get banded.. thought that I "knew" how to lose the weight just "didn't do it" ... now that I am down the 55lbs and weigh less than her our friendship has/is suffering. She tells me that I'm no fun anymore because I can't go out and eat/drink with her.. we do go out and but there are times, we all know how finicky the band can be, that I absolutely can't get anything down. When I can get something down it's usually 1 drink followed by a small portion of food then nothing more to drink for a minimum of 30 minutes.. it pisses her off.. she says that she is getting fatter becasue she has to eat my food and finish my drinks. I am VERY sad about it. In the past we have always gone on long walks together but she rarely does that with me anymore... she never says 1 word about my weight loss or how I look. I don't bring it up or mention any of my NSV or Scale victories because I don't want it to seem like I'm being haha look at me.. but shit she's my BEST FRIEND and I would really like her to continue to be at the very least friendly to me!!! My feelings are very hurt :( I've been trying to cultivate closer relationships with other friends but we all know it's just not the same as your best friend.

thanks for letting me vent.. I needed to put that out there.

I am on my 5th day after banding. I have a wonderful and very supportive mom who is so proud that I am doing something about my life long struggle. However, just being down at the OCC she could feel how life was going to be different. She did not enjoy her food nearly as much without me joining in. She said, this is not the kind of vacatiion we woud usually take, is it? I said those are long gone. to be honest, it is kind of sad. We enjoyed each others company over a good piece of pie or nice dinner. I know I will never lose the support from her. She just may lose weight thru this as well. but there is a certain grieving process one must go thru for the loss of their old life. If a friend is not supportive, I can see where they don't want to go thru the uncomfortable mess of having to sit with a nibbler when they are used to a vacccuum. good luck and remember we are all friends here who want nothing but the best for each other.

This is a topic I've wanted to discuss... my BEST friend and I have been friends for 14 years.. we were always fat and have gotten fatter together over the years. We love to eat/shop/drink and eat some more. She was not supportive of my decision to get banded.. thought that I "knew" how to lose the weight just "didn't do it" ... now that I am down the 55lbs and weigh less than her our friendship has/is suffering. She tells me that I'm no fun anymore because I can't go out and eat/drink with her.. we do go out and but there are times, we all know how finicky the band can be, that I absolutely can't get anything down. When I can get something down it's usually 1 drink followed by a small portion of food then nothing more to drink for a minimum of 30 minutes.. it pisses her off.. she says that she is getting fatter becasue she has to eat my food and finish my drinks. I am VERY sad about it. In the past we have always gone on long walks together but she rarely does that with me anymore... she never says 1 word about my weight loss or how I look. I don't bring it up or mention any of my NSV or Scale victories because I don't want it to seem like I'm being haha look at me.. but shit she's my BEST FRIEND and I would really like her to continue to be at the very least friendly to me!!! My feelings are very hurt :( I've been trying to cultivate closer relationships with other friends but we all know it's just not the same as your best friend.

thanks for letting me vent.. I needed to put that out there.

I feel for you Mindy, you friendship of that many years should be able to withstand life changes like yours, I am sorry it's been difficult. Maybe one day you can encourage her to get banded and be her support system. Good Luck!