First Fill Question

Really and honestly, is there any reason why I should stay in TJ overnight with my first fill? I kinda want to come home right after it's done. It's a 4-5 hour drive home. Anyone see any reason why I should stay? I mean if I'm too full I guess I could drive back down the next day if I had to but it seems as though everyone has at least 2-3 fills before the sweet spot kicks in. What do you think?

I think quite honestly you would be fine to go home. As you said if it is too tight just drive back down. Now I'll tell you my experience with my first fill as food for thought. Many folks who drive to their fill site leave immediately after the fill. I think for the first one especially you would be fine although this is only my opinion.

I got 2cc in my 4cc band. I went back to the hotel and thought I had no restriction. I was up all night because I thought I had no restriction. I went back to the clinic the next day to check and see if I could get more fill. They checked it and told me 2cc was all they would give, it looked great. And they NEVER give more than 2cc anyway for a first fill. So for me it wasn't that it was too tight I was worried it wasn't enough. Well about 4-6 days later it kicked in and I had restriction for about 4-5 weeks. It is gone now and I anxiously await my second fill on the 26th.

Good luck and have a safe trip

Really and honestly, is there any reason why I should stay in TJ overnight with my first fill? I kinda want to come home right after it's done. It's a 4-5 hour drive home. Anyone see any reason why I should stay? I mean if I'm too full I guess I could drive back down the next day if I had to but it seems as though everyone has at least 2-3 fills before the sweet spot kicks in. What do you think?

I flew in from CT. I stayed overnight because I did not want to have spent all of that $ (tickets) to be stuck with NO restriction or having terrible pain on the plane with too much. Being too restricted is hell and every minute feels like forever. You would not want to wait until the next day and drive back, you would feel like you were dying. Anyway, I also ate in the hotel (carefully) even though I was supposed to be on full liquids because I wanted to make sure I had some restriction. (I was VERY CAREFUL) I went home the following AM. Probably didn't have to stay, but it also gave me a mini vacation. Would have been more fun if I had gone with someone or met some of the OCC folks but I did not manage to run into anyone.

When I got my first fill my sister and I hung around and did the Revolucion Ave. thing (again - been there, done that!) for 2 hours and then we hailed a cab to the border and walked across - it took us approx. 30 mins. to get through and that was on a Saturday, so not to bad.

I'm going for my second fill next Saturday, my husband is going with me and we plan on driving up (three hours), get my fill, have my teeth zoomed and then we're out of there. I didn't have any problems with the first fill and I don't expect any with the second.

I guess I can consider myself one of the lucky ones because I live pretty close and can drive, for those of you that have to fly in, I would say, stick around at least overnight, just in case your "to full". You can always lounge around the Lucerne's pool - Hey, can you get a Margarita at the Lucerna?

laadeedaa, I was just in TJ this past Saturday for my first fill...What a great experience. Walked across the border; got a cab $5 to OCC. The fill took about fifteen minutes; the needle is large :wacko: , but I did not feel a thing...I hate needles... I drank 8 oz of water and was on my way back to the border.

Do to work and family I had to fly in and fly out the same day. He gave me 1cc because it went down real slow. I was ok with it. Restriction comes and goes. I spent more time flying than I did at the OCC.

You are doing amazing, you have lost so much weight, when do we get see a new picture of you?? Barb

Hi Banded Ones,

I am getting my band in 3 days, and I understand the process. Exactly was does restiction mean? Does more restriction mean the band is tighter and you can eat less, and if you dont have enough restriction you can eat a large amount of food. Just want to make sure I talk the right lingo.

Thanks,

Tara