Peeking in

Hi, Ya'll,

I haven't felt well for a while, both mentally and physically, and I just have been too tired to come on, but I think about you all often, especially my special friends. I am in intensive outpatient therapy for my depression 2 full days a week for 8 sessions, and I am hoping this helps me get a grip on my depression. They are also re-evaluating all my medications and side effects. I had gained a little weight..not sure why.. but now am back to my shown weight. Hope to start dropping again soon.

My family in Baton Rouge got severely hit by Gustav and will be without power for 3-5 weeks... something else to add to my anxiety issues. I will cope.. got to - there is no alternate choice.

Having my wisdom teeth out Monday.. they are all in and two are crowned, one is filled.. the one with the filling actually broke. Continuing with water aerobics on MWF.. really enjoying it and feel less lonely.

Hugs to everyone

Paula I swear you have ESP!! I swear not only about an hour or so ago I looked and saw you had not been on since the 29th or so and I got worried. I knew something was up. I will PM you soon so check in to get my mail, it may be later today though so keep checking. I miss you and am glad to see you here again. You are very dear to me and I care for you. I was gone on vacation for 9 days and just got back yesterday. Just catching up myself on what's gone on here. Take care my sweet and I'll write you soon.

><' ><' ><' Hug to you. Glad to know you are doing your water aeorbics and being proactive on getting some outside help. I've been there, I understand.

Hi Paula,

You poor thing...you sure seem to have had your hands full recently. I hope that things start going better for you and I just wanted to tell you that with your losing over 50#, you are a huge inspiration to me...just starting out. I look forward to hearing that things are looking up for you soon! ><'

Paula - I know I am one of the newbies to the group. but I must tell you that your honesty and humor have been a HUGE help to me. Many of us have been in your shoes and understand so please know you are in my thoughts. Take care of yourself!!

Shelby

Paula- You are stronger than you know. I have always been able to see the stregth in your posts. I could give you advice for hours on inner stregth but I know you really do not want to hear that. But, what I will say is I know you have it in you to feel better and we all have missed you. You are a big part of our lapband family. I will be thinking about you. xoxoxox

Hugs Paula. ><' I've missed you too!

I'm so glad you are seeking treatment. It's so hard to take that step because as I'm sure you know, it's not easy to get things worked out once you do start. I've got bi-polar disorder and while the meds are working it's great. I feel normal, or as close to it as possible! ha! But just when you think you've got the right combination, they stop working and you have to start over again and find the next combination that works. It's a never ending battle, but one worth fighting.

One thing to think about is that as you lose weight, your meds might need changing! Not necessarily a bad thing. :)

Hey Paula!! What a coincidence - I was thinking about you the day before yesterday. I peek in here every now and then (I always seem to miss the drama though... *sigh*) and had noticed I wasn't seeing any posts from you. I've been going through a bit of a "downer" myself lately and have decided to move to Vegas! (I love seasons, but I also suffer from S.A.D. - so I just can't stay in Idaho much longer)

I'm glad you're making progress! You are doing so much better than me, I'm so jealous! And proud! But still jealous! ;-)

Keep your chin up and keep on keepin' on. And if you ever need someone to vent to, I'm only an internet away. ><'

Hugs Paula. ><' I've missed you too!

I'm so glad you are seeking treatment. It's so hard to take that step because as I'm sure you know, it's not easy to get things worked out once you do start. I've got bi-polar disorder and while the meds are working it's great. I feel normal, or as close to it as possible! ha! But just when you think you've got the right combination, they stop working and you have to start over again and find the next combination that works. It's a never ending battle, but one worth fighting.

One thing to think about is that as you lose weight, your meds might need changing! Not necessarily a bad thing. :)

EXACTLY!! My bi-polar is the problem.. meds have kept me stable w/o much change for about 2.5 years, and now, I am fast cycling to the point that I just feel totally out of control most of the time.. angry... anxious.. laughing.. spending.. weeping.. giggling.. wringing my hands.. weeping.. oh yeah, did I say reasonless weeping? The part that has me SO upset about it is that I recognize when these are happening and I just cannot pull in the reins... it is like watching from the outside. Anyway.. I think we are to the starting over phase.

Hugs and thank you so much

Paula

Thank you all so much for your encouragement and kind words. It means worlds when one is lonely and depressed. I will make it.... I get by with a little help from my friends... all of you.

Love and gratitude,

Paula

So glad to see you so soon again dear Paula.... :lb4:

One reality of life I have learned is that we must spend time in the valleys to then make it to the mountain tops!! You will be there or at least on the climb up in no time. You already are all suited up with your climbing gear on, hiking stick in hand and water bottle and jerkey in the pack on your back!! Now climb sweetie climb!!