Rib Pain

yes lots of rib pain here....I will be much more sympathetic to my lap patients from now on!!! My comes on strong, almost like a spasm and then fades away. I find that (like everyone else) getting up and walking around helps as well as drinking liquids at varying temps. It was pretty bad last night so I had a cup of tea, heating pad (whoever suggested this - THANKS) and it got much better. Hang in there! I was banded the day before you! ;)

Thanks everyone. It gets better each day and had my best night sleep last night. I was just concerned because everyone talks about the shloulders and mine was in my ribs (made it hard to breath) And even though walking was the last thing I wanted I did it. Heating pad was helpful and still is. Thanks so much everyone!

Margaret,

I havent been without my heating pad since I got home yesterday. I rotate between my back and tummy, and I have been drinking tons of watered down low calorie cran juice. Everytime I make some broth I make sure to walk up and down the hallway a bunch of times and it does seem to help.

Tara

Hi, I am 6 days post op and was doing fine, but starting yesterday my rib around where the port is has been hurting. I do walk it seems to help when i am standing but when lying down and trying to get up is a bad it hurts. I think i will take the heating pad suggestion and see how that works.

Thanks. Love this forum

Had Surgery yesterday and felt great so went to the Hotel. Now I have preasure and pain in my ribs but not in the shoulders? Did anyone else have this? Im pretty sure its just gas pain but just checking to see if anyone else expierenced this? Thanks

What you are experiencing is gas. Get some GAS-X.. It really will help.