Over 70lbs in 5 months

I just want it to share with everyone my milestone. I finally left that plateau stage and reach over 70lbs in 5 months. I am only 15lbs away from goal, and i know that those will be the hardest lbs. I am really proud of myself since i had three fills and never had good restriction. I had to use more will power than the band to reach my goal. I will admit that i am a bit obsessed with what i eat and how much, however i eat whatever i want whenever i want which i think it help me get out of my plateau stage.

anyhow, thank you all for the support.

so proud of you!! I weigh a little less than when you started and I'm looking to reach my goal within 6 months....did you go through a tough time between the surgery and first fill?? That's where I'm at right now...scales havent moved and I'm hunry all the time!!

I did indeed had a hard time in between fills. However, my fills really never kick in. I was still eating large amounts of food, however i will stop myself. I continue to do that and at times is frustrating since i want to eat until my band tells me to stop. So in reality i dont know what "good" restriction is since i have never experience that so called "chest pain" as a way to stop eating. Keep up to good work, and you will get there. Dont get discourage if you dont loose weight in some weeks, it will eventually happen. :D

Wow, How inspiring. I too am within a pound or two of where you started and where you are finishing. I was doing so well, until I could eat. I've put back on 3 lbs. I have basically no restriction and my will power really stinks at timesand I wont be able to get a fill for another month or so. I'm scared as will power was never a virtue I possessed when it came to eating, though I can be highly disciplined in other areas. :( I'm not sleeping well so I often feel too tired to exercise. I'm in a bit of a cycle. What exercising are you doing? Did you go through any of this? Looking for guidance. Thank you and congrats on your success!!!

I just want it to share with everyone my milestone. I finally left that plateau stage and reach over 70lbs in 5 months. I am only 15lbs away from goal, and i know that those will be the hardest lbs. I am really proud of myself since i had three fills and never had good restriction. I had to use more will power than the band to reach my goal. I will admit that i am a bit obsessed with what i eat and how much, however i eat whatever i want whenever i want which i think it help me get out of my plateau stage.

Oh my goodness, that is fantastic!! Can I ask you a personal question? Are you a man or a woman? I am really struggling right now. I was banded on 07/01 and have lost 17 lbs since surgery, but the majority of that was lost the first 2 weeks. I have lost 51 lbs to date through diet and exercise prior to the surgery. I just lose so slowly. I find myself getting a little frustrated but in reality I have only just started. I haven't had my first fill yet so I hope once I get resitriction that will help too. I do a lot of cardio and strength training so I can tell a huge difference in my body shape which is good.

Again, congratulations on this huge milestone. You should be really proud of yourself. Know that you are an inspiration for those of us who are struggling! It can be done! :)

Thanks for sharing your story. Its great to see such success in such a short period of time!!

Wow, How inspiring. I too am within a pound or two of where you started and where you are finishing. I was doing so well, until I could eat. I've put back on 3 lbs. I have basically no restriction and my will power really stinks at timesand I wont be able to get a fill for another month or so. I'm scared as will power was never a virtue I possessed when it came to eating, though I can be highly disciplined in other areas. :( I'm not sleeping well so I often feel too tired to exercise. I'm in a bit of a cycle. What exercising are you doing? Did you go through any of this? Looking for guidance. Thank you and congrats on your success!!!

Hi!

I have been blessed regarding my weight. i have not gain any weight during my journey. However i have struggle loosing on a weekly basis. I have always exercise even when i was overweight, so that has been a great help. I alternate exercises, for example, i have a day where i do volleyball for 2 hours, and other days i do racquetball and then cardio. i do weights three times a week which has really help shaping my body. Dont give up, you will get there.

Oh my goodness, that is fantastic!! Can I ask you a personal question? Are you a man or a woman? I am really struggling right now. I was banded on 07/01 and have lost 17 lbs since surgery, but the majority of that was lost the first 2 weeks. I have lost 51 lbs to date through diet and exercise prior to the surgery. I just lose so slowly. I find myself getting a little frustrated but in reality I have only just started. I haven't had my first fill yet so I hope once I get resitriction that will help too. I do a lot of cardio and strength training so I can tell a huge difference in my body shape which is good.

Again, congratulations on this huge milestone. You should be really proud of yourself. Know that you are an inspiration for those of us who are struggling! It can be done! :)

Hi!

I am a proud mother of two little ones. My husband has lost over 80 lbs without the band, and i always felt that it was easier for him to loose the lbs than me. I had always had issues with restriction and what i eat, just keep up the good work and you will get there. I exercise a lot on a weeekly basis, however unfortunately i am going to need a tummy tuck. Not because of how much weight i have lost, but because with my daughter i gained 100 lbs ( i used to be 120 lbs and a size 5) which stretch my skin to the point that the doctor had to induced me. It has help but i can not be a size 5 again until i have the surgery. I try to stay positive and not give up.

Wow! That is truly amazing and inspiring! You were losing over 10 lbs a month...thats so fast! I bet that your exercise routine was so helpful in increasing the amount of weight loss you were able to reach per week. I wish that I was as strict with exercising as you are lol! I am stuck at 180 lbs and it seems as though I will be stuck here forever. I know that I will get over this hurdle eventually. Great job, keep up the hard work! :D

That is so great that you have lost so much so quick. I had my lap-band done on June 6, 2007 and have lost around 70 lbs. I still have about 40 pounds to go to reach my goal weight. I have only had two fills and need a nother but can't afford one at this time. As far as willpowwer, it goes out the door with peanut M&m's. As far as other food, I'm okay. I just try to limit what I eat, trying to stick to Slimfast and Special K protein water. Any suggestions? I'd appreciate your advise or anyone's advice.

Rhonda Gabriel

Congratulations on your wonderful weight loss. You should be very proud of yourself. You mentioned that you never had restriction. How much do you have in your band. I have 3.5cc and most days I have great restriction and some days its ok restriction. The chest pain is not much fun and sometimes it only takes 1-2 bites before the chest pain. Other days, I can eat 1 cup full and be fine. The band is very finicky and I never know if I will be able to eat or not. I will admit, stress plays a big role. I never believed it until I experienced it. WOW it was aweful.

Again, great job on the weight loss, I hope to join you soon in your victory!

Congrats on your progress, that is incredible!!!! We were banded the same month and I have only lost a fraction of what you have. I know what you mean about the restriction, I am on my 3rd fill as well and don't have any right now and relying on sheer willpower. I decided that I am going to wait a few more month until I attempt another fill as its has only been about three weeks. I am waitin' and hopin' that it will kick in soon. :lb12:

Keep up the great work and you will be at goal in no time at all!! I am right behind you....well, in the distance that is. :P

That is so great that you have lost so much so quick. I had my lap-band done on June 6, 2007 and have lost around 70 lbs. I still have about 40 pounds to go to reach my goal weight. I have only had two fills and need a nother but can't afford one at this time. As far as willpowwer, it goes out the door with peanut M&m's. As far as other food, I'm okay. I just try to limit what I eat, trying to stick to Slimfast and Special K protein water. Any suggestions? I'd appreciate your advise or anyone's advice.

Rhonda Gabriel

Hi!

As i get closer to goal and my body enjoys staying in the plateau area, i varied my food. i do eat candy and other items, however i one day i have 900 calories and on other days i eat 1200 calories. it helps to keep your body guessing. it is the same thing for exercise. i used to drink slim fast but stop since it was going right through my band.

Good luck and keep goind you will get there.