Dr. Martinez

Hi,

I'm new here and my husband and I have decided to have the Lap Band surgery next month. Carolyn had suggested Dr. Martinez to us as a surgeon, but we can't find much information on any forum about him. Can anyone tell me if they had Dr. Martinez do their surgery? Any help would be appreciated. ;)

Hi, I met him. Dr Ortiz was later getting in for sergury so Dr M talked to me before hand in my room. He was a beautiful man is all I can say, he does all the bands with Dr O and when Dr O is away, he will do them without Dr O.

The thing I remember most about him is what he said to me just before being banded:

"This is a place of God and Healing"

Hi,

I'm new here and my husband and I have decided to have the Lap Band surgery next month. Carolyn had suggested Dr. Martinez to us as a surgeon, but we can't find much information on any forum about him. Can anyone tell me if they had Dr. Martinez do their surgery? Any help would be appreciated. ;)

Dr. Martinez is great!!! Usually they both do the surgery together. You'll love him.

Hi there!!

Dr. Martinez did my band by hisself. Dr. Ortiz was out doing a seminar that week so I was banded soley by Dr. Martinez and I completely loved him!! He even came in the next day to see how we were doing even though he didn't have to. I would recommend him to anyone. If you have anyquestions ask me!!

Dr. Martinez and Dr. Ortiz were both in the O.R. Room with me.

I had a minor complication (well at least I thought it was a complication!) and Dr. Martinez came to the hotel to examine me. He was very caring and kind and thorough. He made arrangements for me to be seen at the clinic on a Sundy (they are closed) and set me up to travel home safely (with drugs!).....

Bottom line, he's wonderful and very, very experienced.

THUMBS UP for Dr. M!!!

Hi,

Guest CaraMBA09
Dr. Martinez and Dr. Ortiz were both in the O.R. Room with me.

I had a minor complication (well at least I thought it was a complication!) and Dr. Martinez came to the hotel to examine me. He was very caring and kind and thorough. He made arrangements for me to be seen at the clinic on a Sundy (they are closed) and set me up to travel home safely (with drugs!).....

Bottom line, he's wonderful and very, very experienced.

THUMBS UP for Dr. M!!!

I remember after they gave me my "nod" off pill, Dr. Martinez came in and my eyes were REALLY heavy...so I made my bed go upright because I could not believe what a truly gorgeous man he was and I was struggling to listen to him and not just stare and drool like a blithering idiot. It is truly a wonderful place to go, it all feels like it happened so long ago, yet it was only 3 days!

Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez both did my initial surgery. When my port flipped, it was Dr. Martinez that did that surgery and I was very pleased. He is a wonderful doctor also. You will be in good hands.

How did they repair it when the port flipped??

How did they repair it when the port flipped??

Dr. Martinez had to reopen my incision (the larger one) and go in and move the port further down. He said they usually only put about 4 sutures in it and he did either 5 or 6 in mine, cant remember which. So I have no addition scars, but the scar tissue is alittle thicker. My port is near my waist band area. He did a wonderful job! I love Dr. Martinez and Dr. Romero

We hear a lot about how great and wonderful Dr. Ortiz is...and its deserved...but his right hand is Dr. Martinez and I believe in my experience (they both did my band surgery) he is a great surgeon! He actually spoke with me more extensively than Dr. Ortiz did. He sat down at my bedside and talked with me until...well until I was comfortable. When I left the OCC I was just really impressed with Dr. Martinez. If Dr. Ortiz was not available to do my surgery (if I had to do it all over again) then I would have Dr. Martinez do it for me, hands down!

Hope that helped!

:D:D:D

Dianna