We are here

It is 6:45 am, we got here yesterday and we were so tired. When we got to the airport, the van was not there, so we had to call. Of course this made my anxiety go up. But we found him and he brought us to the hotel. It is nice. We had a small dinner and I had a marjarita, I just had too, I am so bad, then we went off to sleep. We ended up meeting some people before dinner that were coming back from having it done and they said it was easy. So as we wait here now I am nervous but I think it will be ok. Still havent figured out how to get to revelelution ave from here. I think I will have to take a cab,m but I really want to shop. I miss my son terribly and have cried several times. Babysitter says he is ok but I dont know, she wouldnt tell me if he was bad. All I know is I miss him. I hope this time goes fast so I can be with him again. I love that little guy. Anyhow, I will check back when it is over. Have a good day.

Good Luck, Stormy!!!!

you are at the start of a fabulous journey!!!!

it's very sweet you miss your son so much. I confess I didn't cry over my 3 little ones once. I was just amazed how much sleep I got, lol. I missed them, of course, but look on this time as a mini vacation if you can. Concentrate on relaxing!!!

Big Hugs,

Stormy,

It must make you feel so wonderful that you have all these friends that are thinking of you and praying for you and your husband today! :D You will both do great, and before you know it, you will be back home with your son. So sit back and relax and let all those wonderful people take care of you. I am counting the days.......

Can't wait to hear your wonderful report, Stormy!

Hi Stormy,

I had surgery exactly 1 week before you. I've been thinking about you. The time will fly by.

It was pretty much a surreal experience for me.

I had 2 margarita's the night before, so I'm bad too. It was my birthday.

The mall is down the street, take a cab, are there other people with you doing this. We had a group

and split the cost. After we got back from staying at the hospital, we shopped and dropped.

The next thing I knew it was almost 10p and I went back to sleep and it was time to go home.

You will be uncomfortable for the most part, but just do what they say. It get's better every day.

I have lost over 10 lbs on the clear liquid diet this week. I'm having creamy soup today.

It's worth it!!!

We are all cheering for you.

Tara

I'll be thinking of you today Stormy! I had my surgery exactly 3 weeks ago today and feel absolutely wonderful. You will do fine and you'll be home before you know it. You are doing all of this for your son and you are doing what is best so think of it that way. Of course you will miss one another, but your getting healthy for him is what is best. I'm so proud of you for doing this...I know it was hard for you. But, by the time you read this it will be all over and you are on your way to a new life of health! :lb10:

Guest CaraMBA09
I'll be thinking of you today Stormy! I had my surgery exactly 3 weeks ago today and feel absolutely wonderful. You will do fine and you'll be home before you know it. You are doing all of this for your son and you are doing what is best so think of it that way. Of course you will miss one another, but your getting healthy for him is what is best. I'm so proud of you for doing this...I know it was hard for you. But, by the time you read this it will be all over and you are on your way to a new life of health! :lb10:

Go Stormy Go!!

I would advise staying at the OCC...I now wish that I had the first night.

You have to go to the Avenida Revolucion...dont bother with the mall. They have great knockoff Coach purses...beautiful silver jewelry...cuban cigars (me bad).... negotiate, negotiate, negotiate!

buy your son a beautiful sombrero! I got a red velvet with handstitched silver for $45.00 a piece and my son LOVES it!

Take a deep breath...I am now 4 days post-op...DO NOT PUSH YOURSELF! I did and have some regrets.

You can do it!

C