I have a consult with a plastic surgeon next week!!

Hi Everyone!!

I wanted to share my excitement! I have a consult with a plastic surgeon on Tuesday for a tummy tuck and lipo.

I still want to lose another 40-50 lbs before I go for the surgery and if I need to go back on shakes and exercise my butt off, I will!!

I would love to get it done in January/09 so that I can recover before my trip to the Bahamas in March/09.

Wish me luck!!

Hi Everyone!!

I wanted to share my excitement! I have a consult with a plastic surgeon on Tuesday for a tummy tuck and lipo.

I still want to lose another 40-50 lbs before I go for the surgery and if I need to go back on shakes and exercise my butt off, I will!!

I would love to get it done in January/09 so that I can recover before my trip to the Bahamas in March/09.

Wish me luck!!

That's GREAT !!!! :clapping::party::clapping: let us know how everything went :D

I wish I could get my upper arms done like a.s.a.p., but for now it is hubbies turn to get the band B)

WOW, good luck to you! I hadn't realized you were this far in your journey already. Good for you!

Thanks Ramona!

I have lost almost 50 lbs and plan to lose another 30-40 by the end of the year...so by January I am hoping to get some work done to excellerate the process a little.

LisaL had great success with getting her tummy tuck and butt lift when she reached 200 lbs...I am hoping that my plastic surgeon will see those benefits too!

Guest CaraMBA09
Thanks Ramona!

I have lost almost 50 lbs and plan to lose another 30-40 by the end of the year...so by January I am hoping to get some work done to excellerate the process a little.

LisaL had great success with getting her tummy tuck and butt lift when she reached 200 lbs...I am hoping that my plastic surgeon will see those benefits too!

Kat - GO for it!

You will love the results. I have never heard otherwise. Instead of a buttlift...why not just spend the money on a stairmaster? that will lift your hiney!

I also am making those plans for Jan or Feb for a tummy tuck. That is the last of my spending my husband has warned me. Ha ha he still doesnt know about the new clothes I have to buy.

Good for you Denise...being proactive is my middle name, I like to have all of my ducks in a row and know when things are happening and the time line to get things done. If I know that I can have the surgery in Jan/Feb, then I will work my fool butt off to get the rest of the weight off.

Good Luck!!!

Kat - GO for it!

You will love the results. I have never heard otherwise. Instead of a buttlift...why not just spend the money on a stairmaster? that will lift your hiney!

Thanks Cara, hope you are doing better today!

I have Leg Magic to work legs and butt, not planning that procedure just yet...tummy tuck for sure will be first.

Talk to you soon doll!!

How EXCITING Cathy! Just don't stop coming here and encouraging all of us once you are all slim n sleek! :)

No worries Vix...I will be here for the long haul...I love you guys...it's not just about our struggles and triumphs...you guys are truly the greatest friends I've never met!!!

Hope you are doing well Vix!!

I do, too! I am meeting with mine about breast reduction and tummy tuck/panniculectomy. I don't know which one it'll be. For those who don't know, panniculectomy is removal of the pannus, which is an overhang of skin that rests on the pelvic bone. It's also called a "Mother's apron". I don't plan to have my surgery until I lose more weight, but I definitely wanted to go in for a consult. Good luck at yours, Kitty!

I am so excited for you!! All I want is a boob job, but I am gonna wait until next Summer. Hopefully all my weight will be gone by then.

I am so excited for you!! All I want is a boob job, but I am gonna wait until next Summer. Hopefully all my weight will be gone by then.

Amen, sister! I am in your boat Kim - I was getting dressed the other day and my husband said "Baby, where did they go?" and I said "What" and he said "Your boobs!" I rapidly repied...."OMG they are at the surgeon's office - let's go get them!" He's on board for that but I am going to wait till next summer also.

Hey Cathy that's awesome. One question though. I have heard of others who also started preparing for and also getting the tummy tuck before reaching their total weight loss goal. I am sure that I will need a tummy tuck at some point and may even throw in some work on the boobs too, but I just naturally assumed that you would want to wait until you had reached your goal weight. But now I am seeing people talk about having it done sooner. So how do you know when the right time to have the tummy tuck is? And if you do it say 30-50 pounds before you reach your goal, how does this affect your stomach after you lose those last 30-50 pounds? I am hopeful to hear that I can do a tummy tuck sooner than I originally thought. Who wants to carry that loose saggy skin around any longer than they need too, right? I just thought it would be ruined if you did it before you reached your goal weight. Would love to know more.

Hey Cathy that's awesome. One question though. I have heard of others who also started preparing for and also getting the tummy tuck before reaching their total weight loss goal. I am sure that I will need a tummy tuck at some point and may even throw in some work on the boobs too, but I just naturally assumed that you would want to wait until you had reached your goal weight. But now I am seeing people talk about having it done sooner. So how do you know when the right time to have the tummy tuck is? And if you do it say 30-50 pounds before you reach your goal, how does this affect your stomach after you lose those last 30-50 pounds? I am hopeful to hear that I can do a tummy tuck sooner than I originally thought. Who wants to carry that loose saggy skin around any longer than they need too, right? I just thought it would be ruined if you did it before you reached your goal weight. Would love to know more.

Hi Jessica, I talked to LisaL and my boss, both have had tummy tucks. Lisa told me that her tummy tuck removed the fat from her tummy and pulled the skin tight over the stomach muscles and voila, weight loss in the tummy area done! I am may not go for the butt lift, I can work on that on my own for now. Lipo in hips and back would be beneficial though. I will let you know what the surgeon says. Liposuction can be used as a weight loss tool, but I plan to work really hard in the next 3 months to get as much weight off as I can and firm up my legs, butt and arms so that I am ready for this. I expect that when they remove the fat and skin from my tummy, I will be down another 10-20 lbs...they took 5lbs from my breasts during my reduction 4 years ago.

Hi kittycat, my sister had a tummy tuck and she weighed in at 200lbs. And she did fine. Having the tummy tuck made such a big difference in her appearance and self esteem. Let us know how it goes. ;)

Great for you Kittycat!!!

I am planning for a TT and boob job as well once I lose the rest of my weight and stabilize. I want to tone up as much as possible on my own before surgery and give my skin a chance to catch up to my weight loss.

I have the same question as Jessica, if you get TT now, will you have to go in for a "touch up" later? And, will your abdomen be as flat and tight as if you waited to have it done when you reach your goal?

I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear details...... :)

Great for you Kittycat!!!

I am planning for a TT and boob job as well once I lose the rest of my weight and stabilize. I want to tone up as much as possible on my own before surgery and give my skin a chance to catch up to my weight loss.

I have the same question as Jessica, if you get TT now, will you have to go in for a "touch up" later? And, will your abdomen be as flat and tight as if you waited to have it done when you reach your goal?

I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear details...... :)

Hi Lynzz, once you've had the fat removed from your tummy and it's tucked, you would not need a touch up...I would like that it would tighten even more considering weightloss is continuing and of course exercise...LisaL is probably the best person to ask this question to. I have heard alot of tummy tucks being performed before weight loss is complete, so I am hoping the surgeon will do it when I hit 200 lbs. I better get my butt into gear and step it up a notch!! I want to lose another 30-40 lbs by Jan 1/09.

Amen, sister! I am in your boat Kim - I was getting dressed the other day and my husband said "Baby, where did they go?" and I said "What" and he said "Your boobs!" I rapidly repied...."OMG they are at the surgeon's office - let's go get them!" He's on board for that but I am going to wait till next summer also.

What a great rebuttal I love it!!!! Here is my concern...i've lost up to 30 lbs before and when I did my chest never gets smaller! Of course the size around does, but not the cup size. I'll be losing a lot more than 30 this time, but if I don't lose in my chest i'm gonna be in real trouble! I hate to have surgery to reduce them, but I guess i'll see how I am once I get there and decide then. I'm afraid i'll be top heavy and falling over all the time!! :o

Don't worry jayhawk chick, When I lost 35 pounds my boobs stayed the same cup size, now that I have lost 70, Well I don't have much boob left. I had a reduction about 14 years ago and now I'm thinking I may need some back. There is a great surgeon in Lawrence Kansas that I have checked into. If you want any info, just message me and I will let you know.