NSV --- non scale victories

So what are your non scale victories that you have achieved or look forward too?

So far I have achieved:

reduction in blood pressure med

my pants & skirts are getting longer

lost 2 inches off my waist

happier

more outgoing and doing things I want to do

I can't wait to:

wear smaller underwear

have a waist smaller than 35 inches

use skinny cuff to take my blood pressure

be off all medications

get pregnant and have healthy pregnancy and healthy baby

feel sexy

cross my legs

Not feel like the extra padding in my bum makes me taller than the person next to me when sitting

walk correctly in high heel shoes

So what are your non scale victories that you have achieved or look forward too?

So far I have achieved:

reduction in blood pressure med

my pants & skirts are getting longer

lost 2 inches off my waist

happier

more outgoing and doing things I want to do

I can't wait to:

wear smaller underwear

have a waist smaller than 35 inches

use skinny cuff to take my blood pressure

be off all medications

get pregnant and have healthy pregnancy and healthy baby

feel sexy

Hey Amy

You're doing AWESOME!!

I can zip my smock and button the top of my pants!! Life is good!

New Goal: NO MORE GRANNY PANTIES!

My NSV for today........ :D:D:D

Today I bought a new pair of shorts in a size --get ready for this-- a junior's size 5 (still a 8/10 on top)!!! I haven't fit into that size since I was 6 years old!!

I am only a little past half way to my goal, and according to Dr. Miranda, I have about 30 more pounds to lose. Wonder what size I will end up in??? I guess I will have to re-evaluate with her on my next visit to OCC. Although.... I really wouldn't mind being that small if I were healthy....

I have gotten into my "sausage jeans" You know the ones that you can zip but look like a stuffed sausage? I wore those and they were VERY comfy. No more stuffed sausage here!!!

-NEW GOAL-

Wear the jeans that I could not zip up

BTW- I just put on another pair of sausage jeans and they fit perfectly- :D . How exciting!!!

I haven't had my surgery yet, I am scheduled for Nov. 20th, but I have already started the Pre-op diet. Since Monday I have lost 7 lbs. I actually started dieting Feb. 25th. I weighed 252lb. On Monday I went to my weight loss Dr. and I weighed 237lbs. That afternoon I called the OCC and went ahead and scheduled my surgery. So, I went ahead and started my Pre-op diet. As of this morning I weigh 230 lbs. I have set a surgery goal weight of 210 lbs.

So, back to the original post. I now feel "IN CONTROL" again. All the other things, are just a bonus.

This might seem strange but one would be just the fact that I am more interested in intimacy. I never felt like it before for many reasons. I feel like my hubby and I are closer now and he is not so sexually frustrated. He has on many occasions said he is very happy with that. It has been good for our marrage

I was taken OFF my BP meds yesterday! The Dr checked for kidney and liver damage, there was none.

I find my husband to be more appealing to me

I keep dropping jean sizes

Hearing coments from neighbors that they see how my face looks different

Getting looks from strange men (I was invisable before)

Getting to read and get support from this forum

Going for a whole hour on the tread mill with very little sweat (10 minutes was a killer and I was wet)

My headaches have gone away

I rarely crave sweets any more, I look at them in a negative way, so I care too much more about myself to eat that crap 99 % of the time anyway

The ladies that I met while getting banded and have remained in touch with

Having my husband proud of my accomplishments

I just love NSV...they are always worth mentioning again and again.

I put on my favourite PJs on Sunday night after my long warm shower and I pulled up the pants and back down to the floor they went!! They literally fell right off...they are elastic waist...so they are going into the garbage now!

Remember awhile ago I posted about my new jeans, with zipper and button and how great they fit, finally no more jeans with elastic waist...well, they are too big now...oh well I guess I better get a new pair.

I just love cleaning out my closet of fat clothes. I have a friend a work who is dieting and is alot heavier than I am right now, so she's getting a whole new wardrobe...it feels so good!!

Even shoes fit better and some of the fashionable shoes I couldn't wear because of was too heavy and they were uncomfortable..now feel great!!

My only concern is having clothes for my trip to the Bahamas in March, by then all of my summer clothes will be way too big and I will have nothing to bring and shopping for summer clothes in March, in Canada is not an easy task. I guess I will have to borrow some things from my skinnier friends! LOL!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Congrats all on your great NSVs!

Mine was yesterday - I went to Macy's to try to find some work clothes on sale and found that for tops I've gone from a 2x (sometimes a 3x) to a solid 1x - and for pants I found that the 16w fit best, although a little bit too tight, but the 18ws were definitely too big. Before I was wearing 20s.

So I came home and dug out some older smaller clothes that it hadn't occurred to me would fit yet and found a bunch of clothes that fit again. Thank god I didn't end up buying anything at Macy's - always best to shop in your own closet.

My NSV is going out to eat and bringing home more than what I ate at the restaurant. I makes for great next day lunch and dinner. Plus people asking my husband whos the girl hes with and if hes not worried that someone might tell his wife hes cheating, till they actually realize that its ME his WIFE and not another woman. HA HA HA. They get so red in the face its real funny. :D

My NSV is going out to eat and bringing home more than what I ate at the restaurant. I makes for great next day lunch and dinner. Plus people asking my husband whos the girl hes with and if hes not worried that someone might tell his wife hes cheating, till they actually realize that its ME his WIFE and not another woman. HA HA HA. They get so red in the face its real funny. :D

That's wicked Denise...someone really didn't recognize you? That's awesome!!

yeah it is awsome people have to do a double look to realize that its realy me. Also Im pulling my pants up while walking tru walmart and having my husband say for gods sake go buy you a smaller pair of pants. I love that man.

Most recent for me....

Getting totally off my diabetic meds

Going shopping for clothes and every single time I chose sizes that were too big!!! I've gone from 3x to 1x tops, and from 2x or size 22-24 pants to 0x or 18-20 pants.

I do need to clean out my closet and as suggested shop at home first. I have all sizes as most of us do and alot of great stuff just waiting for me to rediscover!!

I went on vacation, went shopping and found 16W jeans- like Kitty, no elastic. I have not worn regular pants for 18 years after i had my college freshman. I wore those pants everyday- went back and bought some black ones and some regular 14s I liked them so much. AND i bought a top with short sleeves. AND I can pick things up off the floor without feeling like i am either short of breath or going to fall over AND I never have a problem with any part of personal hygiene= I did when I weighed one pound over 255. It was weird.

I am happy all of you are writing about this because i do get discouraged that the scale doesn't move for days on end. OR I go away for a few days and the scale goes up even though I know I did not eat a lot. Oh well.

These are ALL so exciting to read. I love NSV's! Mine is going to buy jeans with no elastic waistband and not even trying them on in the store. I just picked out the size 16 and brought them home and WAALAA....they fit! I didn't even have to suck it in to button them, so maybe a size 14 is just around the corner.

Most of my shirts are also getting too big now. I can't wait to go buy a tight fitting shirt and actually not have any bulges showing! That's my goal!

Denise

I cant wait till I feel well enough to move around and get crazy with my man. I have heard from a few other bandsters that it really improved their relationship. I am hoping every little bit will help!

Cheers,

Tara

I just love NSVs...mine came about over the weekend. I attended a party for my step-daughter in law. My husband's ex-wife was there. We aren't busom buddies (she's flat chested and I'm not....LOL) but we get along. When my 11 year old step grandson, who I hadn't seen in about 2 weeks saw me, he made a point of saying quite loudly AND within earshot of the ex-wife....."WOW, I didn't recognize you. You can really see how much weight you lost AND you look younger too".....oh my, out of the mouths of babe!

Buy that child a new Wii game. There is nothing better than looking thinner and younger than an ex.

I just love NSV...they are always worth mentioning again and again.

I put on my favourite PJs on Sunday night after my long warm shower and I pulled up the pants and back down to the floor they went!! They literally fell right off...they are elastic waist...so they are going into the garbage now!

Remember awhile ago I posted about my new jeans, with zipper and button and how great they fit, finally no more jeans with elastic waist...well, they are too big now...oh well I guess I better get a new pair.

I just love cleaning out my closet of fat clothes. I have a friend a work who is dieting and is alot heavier than I am right now, so she's getting a whole new wardrobe...it feels so good!!

Even shoes fit better and some of the fashionable shoes I couldn't wear because of was too heavy and they were uncomfortable..now feel great!!

My only concern is having clothes for my trip to the Bahamas in March, by then all of my summer clothes will be way too big and I will have nothing to bring and shopping for summer clothes in March, in Canada is not an easy task. I guess I will have to borrow some things from my skinnier friends! LOL!!

Thanks for sharing!!

This totally makes sense now. I have been complaining for a couple of weeks now that all my flip flops are too big. I accused my husband of wearing them and he said "why would I wear girly filp flops with flowers and prints and stuff". I now reallize my feet have lost weight too. I never realized my feet were fat.

Guest CaraMBA09
I just love NSVs...mine came about over the weekend. I attended a party for my step-daughter in law. My husband's ex-wife was there. We aren't busom buddies (she's flat chested and I'm not....LOL) but we get along. When my 11 year old step grandson, who I hadn't seen in about 2 weeks saw me, he made a point of saying quite loudly AND within earshot of the ex-wife....."WOW, I didn't recognize you. You can really see how much weight you lost AND you look younger too".....oh my, out of the mouths of babe!

Buy that child a new Wii game. There is nothing better than looking thinner and younger than an ex.

THAT is golden! Way to go!