NSV --- non scale victories

I just did a 45 minute turbo jam excercise video, and I can still breath :P:P I always felt I needed my phentermine to get me

through my workouts. Not anymore. This is a major acomplishment for me. YIPEE YIPEE

hi

My necklaces are too long. Nobody told me I had a fat neck!

Walked up to a gal I know but haven't seen for a few months starting talking to her but she didn't recognize me.

Being only 22lbs away from weighing the same as my 15 year old daughter.

hi

My necklaces are too long. Nobody told me I had a fat neck!

Walked up to a gal I know but haven't seen for a few months starting talking to her but she didn't recognize me.

Being only 22lbs away from weighing the same as my 15 year old daughter.

Topic--Non Scale Victories

i've only been on my pre-op diet for a week so not much difference other than i feel in control of my food intake which is GREAT. the NSV i will be sooo happy to achieve are (for now, just two)

- when my pants don't bunch below my waist or fall off my butt because of my fat rolls pushing them down

- when i can buy a pair of boots that will actually fit over my calves. i have been only able to wear ankle boots because i just can't find any boots that will ever zip up my legs

-when i actually am able to throw or give away every garment that i currently owe (i don't own a whole lot because i only shop when i absolutely have to)

i'll be :D :D :D when i acheive these. i'm excited that it's in my nearer future.

Had a NSV this weekend- I bought a few new things (love going to places like Ross where things aren't too expensive but still super cute) anyways everything I bought was a size MEDIUM, which is huge seeing I was a 1X-XL only 8-9 months ago...

On the downside my ability to wear a medium means my boobs are shrinking again, but oh well... I'll take it!

Hello all!

It's so amazing to read all these posts--it just gets me really emotional.

My NSV's include

being able to run straight for almost 10 min on the treadmill.

wearing size M's when I started out as a size 3x

wearing regular 14's when I started out wearing 24w's

not being afraid of walking in front of little kids and worrying what they will say to me

having the feeling that for the rest of my life, I will be in control of what I'm eating, and will be able to live a healthy lifestyle

I hope everyone continues to reach their goals.

Great job!

--TRS

• 1 month later...

I LOVE to read everyone's NSV!!! GREAT JOB to ya'll =D> I recently began noticing some NSV's in my life:

I now wear a size L, from a 2x and sometimes 3x! :rolleyes:

I can sit comfortably and with some space in my doctor's office waiting room/ lobby chairs without feeling like the chair is swallowing me or having to try to squeeze in between the armrests! LOL :lol2:

My shoe size is now a 6.5 D width, when I used to wear an 8 :)

I am actually able to see definition in my arms and legs from my exercise routine! IT DOES PAY OFF :lb25:

I look forward to posting some more NSV's soon, like buying at Victoria's Secret for Valentine's day in February :girl_dance: and of course joining ONEDERLAND!!! :yahoo:

I've only had one NSV so far since i've been banded on Oct 20

At work we have to wear Company Polo shirts, I had a guys XL ( our company doesnt believe in beigger lady sizes!!!)

Yesterday our head hancho over All the north Texas Autonation stores came up to me and said "miss, I think its time to get you a smaller size shirt!" I am now in a ladies L!!!

Now for the scale victory that im proud of... Before surgery I weighed 276..... NOW.... 245!!!

Here is an update on my nsv:

So far I have achieved:

my husband wants me all the time..... I am still not in synch with him yet, but it sure is nice to feel pretty again

reduction in blood pressure med

my pants & skirts are getting longer

waist is now 34.5 from 38/39ish

happier

more outgoing and doing things I want to do

from size 8 to size 7 undies

calf size from 20 to 16 inches, I can now wear Naturalizer wide sh ft boots!!! (been a very long time)

Not shopping in women plus department, but pickings are still slim in regular departments

starting to feel sexy

can cross my legs

can do the stretches and wrap my arms around my legs in yoga

starting to try out high heels again

went from size 8 shoe to size 7.5

Don't look bloated anymore

Gradually coming out of my shell.. I was very introverted because of my weight and how unhealthy I felt.

Getting more confidence

People starting to notice that I have lost weight

I can't wait to:

use skinny cuff to take my blood pressure

be off all medications

wear regular shaft boots

no more jiggle in my bootie

get pregnant and have healthy pregnancy and healthy baby

feel sexy

Not feel like the extra padding in my bum makes me taller than the person next to me when sitting

walk correctly in high heel shoes

fit perfectly into non-plus size clothes without out trying on everything in the store to find 1 skirt or pants

• 2 months later...

AMAZING NSVs EVERYONE, LOVELY, EMOTIONAL, AND AWESOME!!!! ;-D

:-h Hi ya'll, Another couple of months and another couple of my NSV's...

Sometimes I feel like my rings are just going to slide off :buba: I guess I should send them in to get resized

I can eat without having to drink any liquids. It was never a problem, but I thought that maybe after awhile I would miss drinking and eating at the same time like I did before surgery. But I don't. :girl_haha:

No sodas for 10 months! That's the longest ever. :paratrooper_girl:

I can swim for 45 minutes continuously, without a problem. :curtsey:

I can jog/walk 2 miles in 29 minutes. :thank_you2:

:clapping::clapping: WWWOOOOHHHHHOOOOO... can't wait to post my next NSV's soon :wub:

AMAZING NSVs EVERYONE, LOVELY, EMOTIONAL, AND AWESOME!!!! ;-D

:-h Hi ya'll, Another couple of months and another couple of my NSV's...

Sometimes I feel like my rings are just going to slide off :buba: I guess I should send them in to get resized

I can eat without having to drink any liquids. It was never a problem, but I thought that maybe after awhile I would miss drinking and eating at the same time like I did before surgery. But I don't. :girl_haha:

No sodas for 10 months! That's the longest ever. :paratrooper_girl:

I can swim for 45 minutes continuously, without a problem. :curtsey:

I can jog/walk 2 miles in 29 minutes. :thank_you2:

:clapping::clapping: WWWOOOOHHHHHOOOOO... can't wait to post my next NSV's soon :wub:

:lb24: :lb21: crazycoolbutterfly!!! YEAH! Love, love these NSVs! That is awesome! I love the fact you didn't have sodas for 10 months! I WAS a soda drinker from the time I wake up to bedtime.

AWESOME job in the job/walk too...that is my next goal to meet!

1502852pei2zhjvfj.gif

• 2 weeks later...
:lb24: :lb21: crazycoolbutterfly!!! YEAH! Love, love these NSVs! That is awesome! I love the fact you didn't have sodas for 10 months! I WAS a soda drinker from the time I wake up to bedtime.

AWESOME job in the job/walk too...that is my next goal to meet!

1502852pei2zhjvfj.gif

Thanks JazzyJude, I too loved the soda! But alas, I digress. When I joined my fitness walking/running group I thought to myself, I just want to walk 5 miles without passing out. I could barely do 1/2 a mile in July of last year. This past month, I completed My first half marathon

which is 13.1 miles in 3 hrs, and 47 minutes! It was AMAZING, crossing the finish line. I know that you will be meeting that goal soon, you have a great mindset and cheerful attitude.

As for my most recent NSVs,

Candles, flowers, and new walking socks for Valentine's day from my husband! I used to look forward to CANDY, GOURMET food, office parties, etc... Not anymore, I love my new training shoes and socks. I hope by Springbreak to be getting a size M swimsuit, to replace my size XL. :D

Photos are now an enjoyment in my life, rather than a shy avoidance. I used to avoid having my picture taken. Now, I am opening up to actually posing for a nice shot, rather than saying "please don't take a picture". :girl_hide:

Thanks JazzyJude, I too loved the soda! But alas, I digress. When I joined my fitness walking/running group I thought to myself, I just want to walk 5 miles without passing out. I could barely do 1/2 a mile in July of last year. This past month, I completed My first half marathon

which is 13.1 miles in 3 hrs, and 47 minutes! It was AMAZING, crossing the finish line. I know that you will be meeting that goal soon, you have a great mindset and cheerful attitude.

As for my most recent NSVs,

Candles, flowers, and new walking socks for Valentine's day from my husband! I used to look forward to CANDY, GOURMET food, office parties, etc... Not anymore, I love my new training shoes and socks. I hope by Springbreak to be getting a size M swimsuit, to replace my size XL. :D

Photos are now an enjoyment in my life, rather than a shy avoidance. I used to avoid having my picture taken. Now, I am opening up to actually posing for a nice shot, rather than saying "please don't take a picture". :girl_hide:

Omigoodness! Did my hubby called yours? I, too, got a brand new spanking white walking shoes from Ryka (didn't get the socks tho! LOL) for Valentine's! I LOVE them and they are so LIGHT, airy, and comfy, I know I will walk on further with them.

Wow, congrats on walking your first half marathon in that time frame! I haven't done more than 5 miles at a time and I start to huff and puff and did this in an hour and a half. I've got to push harder...just don't know the "trick" to do it yet. My mind goes a mild a minute with issues and I need to learn to focus on something more relaxing and enjoyable...I'll find a way! I now do walking in the mornings and at night and to tell you the truth, I really enjoy it especially seeing that the space between my legs is appearing more and more and I LOVE IT! I find also to do some light kickboxing afterwards to 'shake out' the walking bit. NOTE: I noticed when exercising at night, I really sleep good!

You go girl! Before you know it, you will be doing the full marathon soon!

I'm inspired and imagining what nsv's I want to look forward to.....speaking of Valentine's day...my dh buys me lingerie - only he doesn't realize that I don't wear it b/c he buys it too small. So I can't wait to wear some of it and actually feel like I look good in it. I also look forward to:

1. Looking good in work clothes and work-out clothes! Everything I own are neutrals and black!

2. Fitting in boots (calves too big)

3. Going down slides at the water park with my son and not feeling self-conscious.

4. Fitting better in a plane seat

5. looking great in a pair of jeans! (I'm currently a sz 18)

6. Also wouldn't mind if my ex-boyfriend saw me and was a little jealous of my husband! LOL

I just went back to OCC with my Aunt who had surgery. First time I had flown since surgery and I FIT in the airplane seat without "spilling" over onto my seatmates.

other NSV

-not wanting to cry when I look in a full length mirror

-not catching my reflection and wondering "who is that fat lady" and realizing it is ME

-crossing my legs with ease!

-fitting behind the beds with ease at work (I work in ICU)

-not being CONSUMED by thinking about food

I still have a ways to go, but the BAND was the best thing I ever did. Wish I had done it 15 years ago.