Port question

vix

I was watching some online videos, and I saw a girl getting a fill. I was really surprised to see her port was down by her belly button. My port is fairly high up on my left side and it got me to thinking and wondering if there is a specific spot for the port to be or does it just depend on the doctor? I know obviously if a person has a shorter torso, there wouldn't be as much room, but I just generally thought they were supposed to be higher up. Just curious...;)

I wondered about this too as mine always felt almost directly under my incision. When I went for my first fill the other day he said since it was there it was more likely to have scar tissue build up over the port and make access challenging. I have a short torso but I don't know if this has anything to do with it. I don't know if they just settle somewhere maybe a little different than what they intended. I'm interested in reading other responses.

Guest CaraMBA09
Dang!!! :huh: No one else? :( I thought everyone would be able to add to this? ;)

My port incision is underneath my left breastie about 3-4 inches down...and healing quite nicely!

For those of you contemplating getting a tummy tuck my guess is the higher the port the better.

Just based on my conversation with the PS - the further out of the way the port is from the surgery marks the easier, he was very careful about working around it and I’m glad it wasn’t down by my belly button – theres a bit of work takes place in that area. Mine is 3 to 4 inches below my left breast as well.

I'm a guy... my port is 4 inches below the last rib on my left side. If my boob EVER hangs down as low as some of yours are, I'm going to go on a starvation diet. Of course, on a male, that is a bad thing... on women, it is a GOOD thing.

I was watching some online videos, and I saw a girl getting a fill. I was really surprised to see her port was down by her belly button. My port is fairly high up on my left side and it got me to thinking and wondering if there is a specific spot for the port to be or does it just depend on the doctor? I know obviously if a person has a shorter torso, there wouldn't be as much room, but I just generally thought they were supposed to be higher up. Just curious... ;)

Vix, would you say that your port is above the large incision or below? About 3-4 inches under my left boob, I have a slight bulge on my belly. It's very small, I just noticed that there's a bump there. And it's above the main incision too. I think this may be my port but I am not sure??? How do you know where your port is? I see a bump and when I feel that area it feels like there might be something under there, so can you feel your port? You are much smaller than I am, and so maybe you can feel your port better. I am just confused at how people know where their port is before the first fill. And also curious what this bump is.

Hey Jess I answered this a bit on your question about your bump, but to answer more for what you asked...my port is definitely BELOW my port (looking down from the top. I can feel my port with my fingers and also it is still a bit tender. When I turn over on my side, sometimes I have to hold it with my hand since it is tender. I have a feeling that you might have what my physical therapist said is common for some people who have the laparoscope to get a little pocket of fluid. If it is the port, it will feel harder than a pocket of fluid I would think. Also, you might feel a bit of tenderness with the port, but then again maybe the fluid is tender. I'd definitely give them a call just to satisfy your mind on this. I'm going to ask my physical therapist today when I go.

I'm a guy... my port is 4 inches below the last rib on my left side. If my boob EVER hangs down as low as some of yours are, I'm going to go on a starvation diet. Of course, on a male, that is a bad thing... on women, it is a GOOD thing.

Of course if it is a guy... it might explain why he is getting the band. Man boobs isn't a plesant thought. ;-)

Taz

LOL.... no man-boobs here. It's my tummy that set me off to Mexico.

I am two weeks post surgery and yesterday I cleaned off all of the suture glue. I was massaging some Jojoba Oil into my surgery cuts and noticeed that my port may be direcetly behind the big cut. I thought that it was suppose to be about an inch down from the big cut? Can you actually feel it or is it covered up with too much fat at this time? Am I feeling scar tissue? It feels really hard like a port. Please anyone who reads this please reply to let me know the location of your PORT. Please

I am two weeks post surgery and yesterday I cleaned off all of the suture glue. I was massaging some Jojoba Oil into my surgery cuts and noticeed that my port may be direcetly behind the big cut. I thought that it was suppose to be about an inch down from the big cut? Can you actually feel it or is it covered up with too much fat at this time? Am I feeling scar tissue? It feels really hard like a port. Please anyone who reads this please reply to let me know the location of your PORT. Please

I am 4 weeks post op and I had the same question. From what people are telling me, that lump you feel right under the large incision is just scar tissue. Everyone has also said that Dr. Ortiz puts the port about an inch under the large incision. However, I feel two hard "things" one under and one above the incision. So I can't tell you really where the port is. I have determined that I will not really know that answer until I go for my first fill. But I understand that need to know where it is. It's weird having something in there and not really knowing where.

I am 4 weeks post op and I had the same question. From what people are telling me, that lump you feel right under the large incision is just scar tissue. Everyone has also said that Dr. Ortiz puts the port about an inch under the large incision. However, I feel two hard "things" one under and one above the incision. So I can't tell you really where the port is. I have determined that I will not really know that answer until I go for my first fill. But I understand that need to know where it is. It's weird having something in there and not really knowing where.

Thanks Jess and good luck to you..

When I am sitting up, the port is behind to slightly above the incision...but when I lay down, the port is about an inch below the cut mark.

Oh my goodness, I think this might actually clear up some of the confusion for me. Thanks for adding this. Makes a lot of sense when you think about it, I just didn't even consider this. I feel a little silly now.

Oh my goodness, I think this might actually clear up some of the confusion for me. Thanks for adding this. Makes a lot of sense when you think about it, I just didn't even consider this. I feel a little silly now.

Yep...I tried a change of position and mine moves around too...lol. I didn't think of it either! Must be the drugs they gave us that day...they were "stronger than usual." lol

Also, I asked my physical therapist and she said she didn't know for sure but thought that she'd heard it happened with different types of laparoscope surgery. So, it might be a little bit of both! ;)

Yep...I tried a change of position and mine moves around too...lol. I didn't think of it either! Must be the drugs they gave us that day...they were "stronger than usual." lol

Also, I asked my physical therapist and she said she didn't know for sure but thought that she'd heard it happened with different types of laparoscope surgery. So, it might be a little bit of both! ;)

Now let's not get carried away. On your OP REPORT it states that non absorbable sutures were used to hold the PORT in place so it cannot move too much. Four sutures for me. I think that we all are feeling maybe just a little too much, especially me! LOL