I should have brought this...

I am leaving for the OCC on Oct. 2nd to have surgery on the 3rd.

Can we start a list of must haves....

I have so far...

Powder broth

specail K protein mix

metamucil

gas x strips

Some one recommended a sports bra, sounded like a good idea so I got one yesterday!

Guest CaraMBA09
A girlfriend who already has her band said she wished she brought chapstick...she told me add it to my must-haves for my upcoming surgery date!

DEFINATELY chapstick. Also!! I got terrible canker sores...so did KittyCat...(I am thinking it was the stress) so I wish I had brought my LYSINE (it is an amino acid)...you take 1000 mg a day and the sores will go away within 48 hours.

Guest CaraMBA09
DEFINATELY chapstick. Also!! I got terrible canker sores...so did KittyCat...(I am thinking it was the stress) so I wish I had brought my LYSINE (it is an amino acid)...you take 1000 mg a day and the sores will go away within 48 hours.

OH...and be sure you bring lots of cash if you plan on going shopping. I brought $120.00 and ran out within two stores. I missed out on a gorgeous liquid silver necklace and a knock off coach bag...grr.

There are a few must haves. But over all I would have BROUGHT LESS. I had so much to carry. I did not wear half the clothes I brought. I could have gotten away with 1 pair of shoes instead of 3. It was hard to carry everything back plus what I had bought. I did not have my husband there to help me carry everything. My friend and I both had surgery and we both wish we were not so well prepared. Most stuff is available. Just try to keep it easy for yourself on your way home. I did bring lots on 1's and 5's for tipping and I used them all.

There are a few must haves. But over all I would have BROUGHT LESS. I had so much to carry. I did not wear half the clothes I brought. I could have gotten away with 1 pair of shoes instead of 3. It was hard to carry everything back plus what I had bought. I did not have my husband there to help me carry everything. My friend and I both had surgery and we both wish we were not so well prepared. Most stuff is available. Just try to keep it easy for yourself on your way home. I did bring lots on 1's and 5's for tipping and I used them all.

I went by myself and did not take much. You will be so happy that you packed light. So far the list looks too big for me and the only thing that I needed were clothes. The hotel has your shampoo and lotion etc. Take your dinner; broth mix and leave evrything else home! After surgery you will not eat or drink hardly anything. Get on the plane and go home. I fasted a couple days prior so I did not need any over the counters such as GasX or metamucel. Be easy on yourself!! I did go shopping so I had room for lots. AGAIN..BE EASY ON YOURSELF!!

Oh thank you so much.. I am just going to have a carry on bag...bare nessecities...How strict are they on the no nail polish.

Is a pedicure polish ok if I dont have any polish on my nails?

Yeah, and what if we have acrylic nails? I have the pink and white tips, so it isn't polish. ????

Guest CaraMBA09
Oh thank you so much.. I am just going to have a carry on bag...bare nessecities...How strict are they on the no nail polish.

Is a pedicure polish ok if I dont have any polish on my nails?

They will put compression stockings on you AND footies...dont worry about the pedicure.

They had to wrap latex around my wedding ring (it would not come off) and they tried to force me to take out my Trach earring I have had since I was 14...I refused and they didn't push the issue

They aren't licking your fingers, so I dont understand why nailpolish would be an issue...but remove it if they tell you to

You will want to wear LOOSE fitting clothes for the LONG ride home...I HIGHLY recommend doing this!

I packed so tight I was able to only take up a 1/4 of my walk on suitcase...I packed the rest for goodies I bought. DO yourself a huge favor and pack as light as possible.

ha ha about the finger licking comment..... :D

it is pretty standard proceedure to remove fingernail polish pre-op from at least one nail. They need it to hook up the oxygen monitor (SPO2). Not sure what they might do if you have acrylics.... They CAN use an ear lobe or toe nail... I do it all of the time...