ARIZONA

i will let you know asap thanks for thinking of me in way that could possibly save me some $$$$$$$$$$$ LOL

Cyndi, I was thinking of possibly rescheduling for the day you come in so we could pick you up and go in together. Kevin

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyndi, I was thinking of possibly rescheduling for the day you come in so we could pick you up and go in together. Kevin

that would be great - but I have not heard from Rene yet only sent the e-mail this morning have to wait to hear back of how long he thinks it will take so I can schedule the flight appropriatly - please do not work around my schedule - especially if it is requiring for yu to take time off of work....I will let you know as soon as I hear from Rene - thanks Kev you are awesome

that would be great - but I have not heard from Rene yet only sent the e-mail this morning have to wait to hear back of how long he thinks it will take so I can schedule the flight appropriatly - please do not work around my schedule - especially if it is requiring for yu to take time off of work....I will let you know as soon as I hear from Rene - thanks Kev you are awesome

Cyndi, My schedule is very flexible during the holiday period so not a problem as long as we can get a same day appointment during that week. My only personal deadline is to firm up details by Wednesday the 15th. I'll wait to hear from you and keep my fingers crossed. Kev

• 3 weeks later...

Almost a 6 week update- for those of you just joining I was banded by MD ortiz on 10-16-2006 on 10-01-2006 I weighed 267 day of surgery 255 I know weigh 240---pretty good- I am eating solids as of a few weeks ago and not eating very much which is nice. I have eaten too much a couple of times and didn't PB but felt very uncomfortable for a short period of time. It is definatly a LEARNING experience- I try little nibbles of everything - I eat off the kids plate or my husband- AND here goes I got my Christmas present early - my husband and I joined Gold Canyon Health and Fitness - and both have a goal to lose 15lbs. by the first of January. We did our assesment with the personal trainer so we can learn how to use all of the machines.

I am going for a fill on Wednesday Novemebr 28th - traveling by myself and going to wing the taking the trolly to the border thing and then across so wish me luck- just a little nervous.

I have choosen not to go back to work at this time - looking into maybe going to school and getting a part time job doing who knows what.

My clothes are looser on me feels good and this is going to be hard not ot go out and by clothes as I lose the weight and/or inches. I am restricting myself at this time unless I need something to work in - and even then I may hit the second hand shops such as goodwill or savers ----

I am completly healed on my belly everything looks nice all the scabs have fallen off and everything is nice and thin and a healthy pink in color. I explained my procedure to the personal trainer today he had never heard of it seemed interested - but left out all of the abdominal exercises - I did feel a little burning during the exercises but it didn't hurt. Can't wait to see the results....can we say look good in a bathing suit this summer? YES YES YES - can't wait.

We are trying to take a trip to South Padre Island this upcoming summer - we are going to see people that we saw this last summer so I can't wait to see what they say.

After I came home from surgery on 10-19 I was home till October 27th which my husband and I went ot Laughlin fo rthe night and tehn on to Las Vegas for 2 nights with my husbands aunt and uncle from Ohio- which on that Monday the 30th we drove them back to AZ to stay with us till Saturday November 4th and sent them back to Ohio then on Sunday Novemeber 5th we loaded up the kids and went to DISNEYLAND for 3 days butunfortunatly when we arrived in California my husband got a call from OHIO and found out that his grandmother passed away - so with that in mind we left late Tuesday night and got bak into AZ early Wednesday morning so we could sleep before I had to put my husband, sister in law and mother in law on a plane for Ohio which in turn he was gone till Sunday night - on November 8th I had to go to the Rolling Stones concert with a friends husband that stood n my husbands place since he was away ---let me tell ya what a bummer - it wasn't the same...but now everything seems to be going smoothly oh yeah on the Wednesday b4 Thanksgiving my husbands father had a heart attack - but he is doing well and only stayed in the hospital overnight and had a stint put in at that time.. he is home know- SOOOOOOOOO...hopefully with XMAS coming up nothing else will happen - thanksgiving was very quite here - thank goodness it was a bad day for me I really didn't feel good- cooked for the family and mother in law and that was enough ---Friday we got about 75% of our shopping done - woo hoo ----so until next time which hopefully will be sooner than this post was...LOL :lol:

:mellow:

Hi im in Mesa, Az

Just moved here and am looking for a fill Dr.

Any suggestions?

M

Welcome to AZ - I do have the name of a couple of MD's or Nurse Practitioner

Robert Berger 1-800-824-7630 he does fills under fluro not sure what he charges if you are not his patient but you can call the office and speak to a Nancy Scott- got this off a post on another forum

Wendy Hall in Snowflake she sharges 75.00 for fill and unfills , she does not use fluro but is very good at finding ports - another bandster has reported she has done fils and unfills on herself and never had a problem with her fills....she herself has been banded she comes to the valley one day a month her numbers are Heber office 928-535-4539 Snowflake office 928-536-5377 and pager 928-601-3836if she is not scheduled to be down in the valley you would need to travel to her ---

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

WOW I am so glad there are ARIZONIANS here. HELP! i am so nervous. Well I have to ask.. if I do not make the 100 mark the US has in order to qualify for the surgery... will they do it in MEXICO? I need about 75 pounds. I hate to sound ignorant but is it safe in MEXICO? I mean is it clean and sanitary? PLease giv eme as much details. What was your total costs there? I live in Peoria/Glendale area. My concern is if something gies wrong.. or I need a fill I need to travel to TJ for the rest of the time? *** I was thinking of trying to get pregnant.. I hear alot.. I should wait after.. or its safe enough to do it now anyway. Sorry for the sloppy post.. I Hope I get alot of feedback and answers!!! ** THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

WOW I am so glad there are ARIZONIANS here. HELP! i am so nervous. Well I have to ask.. if I do not make the 100 mark the US has in order to qualify for the surgery... will they do it in MEXICO? I need about 75 pounds. I hate to sound ignorant but is it safe in MEXICO? I mean is it clean and sanitary? PLease giv eme as much details. What was your total costs there? I live in Peoria/Glendale area. My concern is if something gies wrong.. or I need a fill I need to travel to TJ for the rest of the time? *** I was thinking of trying to get pregnant.. I hear alot.. I should wait after.. or its safe enough to do it now anyway. Sorry for the sloppy post.. I Hope I get alot of feedback and answers!!! ** THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Hello! I am from Mesa - I love that there is an AZ group! Anyway, I was nervous to have surgery in Mexico as well just because of old rumors, etc. However, my cousin had it done and said it was the cleanest hospital he has ever been to - that the service and knowledge there far surpasses anything he has experienced in the states. Also, my husband's grandfather had to go to a hospital while we were vacationing in Matzatlan last year and when we visited him, we had the same impression! Very thorough and knowledgeable doctors, clean facilities, etc.

My surgery is scheduled for Jan 8 - I can't wait! I have done a ton of research - talked to doctors in states, Mexico, patients from both places. I am planning on traveling to Dr. Ortiz for fills but my cousin who lives here as well has a local lady do his and he loves her. I think your first fill has to be with Dr. Ortiz. I think.

On getting pregnant - we are planning on trying soon as well. What I have found from my endless questioning of everyone is that your chances of getting pregnant increase as you get to a healthier weight. Also, I have been told you can get pregnant just as soon as your stomach heals, which doesn't take long. You would just have to adjust your fill accordingly. I hope that helps!

Hello Samia - I live in Glendale (Arrowhead Ranch area). I was banded by Dr. Ortiz on 11/2/06, so I am two months along. My goal weight loss is under 100 pounds also (my wish is 80). It was the best thing I have ever done - I am HALF way to my goal already!!!! I have lost 45 pounds in two months. The hospital in TJ was actually cleaner than some I have seen here in AZ. The nurses certainly seem to care about their patients more. I even went alone (my husband and friends couldn't make it on short notice) and I never felt unsafe at all. I just had my first fill done on 12/18/06. You can contact me anytime if you have any questions. The AZ group here on the forums is the best! Sabledog

Hello Samia - I live in Glendale (Arrowhead Ranch area). I was banded by Dr. Ortiz on 11/2/06, so I am two months along. My goal weight loss is under 100 pounds also (my wish is 80). It was the best thing I have ever done - I am HALF way to my goal already!!!! I have lost 45 pounds in two months. The hospital in TJ was actually cleaner than some I have seen here in AZ. The nurses certainly seem to care about their patients more. I even went alone (my husband and friends couldn't make it on short notice) and I never felt unsafe at all. I just had my first fill done on 12/18/06. You can contact me anytime if you have any questions. The AZ group here on the forums is the best! Sabledog

GREAT JOB Sabledog!!!!!!!!!!on the 45 pounds. WOW!!!! =D> We were the unlucky ones needing more restriction. It will come, in time. Keep up thee awesome losses! Teri =D>

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone... I'm newly banded (January 7th) and am thrilled to see so many folks from Arizona have opted for the Lap Band.. I live in Coolidge... About halfway between Phoenix and Tucson.

I'm scheduled for a fill on February 19th, and am looking forward to hopefully getting some restriction as I currently feel like I have none. I haven't weighed in yet, so I don't know what my weight loss is yet, but I do feel alot better than before..

I do have one question..... What does PB stand for? It appears almost everyone has suffered this, but I have no idea what it is.....

PB is productive burping(vomiting) I will too be getting a fill possibly on 2/19 it will be based if I come to a stand still in my weight loss- I have started losing again sooooo I will wait another week to see if I will need there a a few and we may be doing teh VAN ride across the border it can be split it costs 130 dollars - I think it's easier to get back and forth

Hi everyone... I'm newly banded (January 7th) and am thrilled to see so many folks from Arizona have opted for the Lap Band.. I live in Coolidge... About halfway between Phoenix and Tucson.

I'm scheduled for a fill on February 19th, and am looking forward to hopefully getting some restriction as I currently feel like I have none. I haven't weighed in yet, so I don't know what my weight loss is yet, but I do feel alot better than before..

I do have one question..... What does PB stand for? It appears almost everyone has suffered this, but I have no idea what it is.....

hi kelli in coolidge az!

i am from gold canyon and cyndi (topic starter) and i live about a mile or so from each other. my hubby has a business and is in coolidge most days! do you know where kenworthy is, by the new walmart? anyway, i'll be returning to occ soon, but i fly standby so everything with me is a spare of the moment process. hope your doing good, and maybe one of these days we can all meet at a resturant for a lapband get together/party, since we all live pretty close together. what do you guys think?????????? anyone interested???????????? maybe meet in mesa somewhere??? i can reserve a place for sometime in FEB or MAR. ><' teri

hi kelli in coolidge az!

i am from gold canyon and cyndi (topic starter) and i live about a mile or so from each other. my hubby has a business and is in coolidge most days! do you know where kenworthy is, by the new walmart? anyway, i'll be returning to occ soon, but i fly standby so everything with me is a spare of the moment process. hope your doing good, and maybe one of these days we can all meet at a resturant for a lapband get together/party, since we all live pretty close together. what do you guys think?????????? anyone interested???????????? maybe meet in mesa somewhere??? i can reserve a place for sometime in FEB or MAR. ><' teri

That would be great. I'd love to chat with others in person about their experiences. Let me know and I'll try my best to be there.. I think a live support group would be a great incentive to keep on track.

I'm still looking forward to my first fill. I scheduled my appointment with Wendy Hall at the Mesa office on February 19th. I'm a little scared because she doesn't use fluro, but she seems to have a lot of knowledge with fills and since I can clearly feel my port she doesn't think I have anything to worry about. Just hoping to get some restriction so I can start dropping some more pounds.. I seem to be at a standstill right now, but trying not to get discouraged.

KELLIinAZ

PB is productive burping(vomiting) I will too be getting a fill possibly on 2/19 it will be based if I come to a stand still in my weight loss- I have started losing again sooooo I will wait another week to see if I will need there a a few and we may be doing teh VAN ride across the border it can be split it costs 130 dollars - I think it's easier to get back and forth

Thank you for the info Cyndi. I haven't PB'd yet, and sounds like I don't ever want to...

That would be great. I'd love to chat with others in person about their experiences. Let me know and I'll try my best to be there.. I think a live support group would be a great incentive to keep on track.

I'm still looking forward to my first fill. I scheduled my appointment with Wendy Hall at the Mesa office on February 19th. I'm a little scared because she doesn't use fluro, but she seems to have a lot of knowledge with fills and since I can clearly feel my port she doesn't think I have anything to worry about. Just hoping to get some restriction so I can start dropping some more pounds.. I seem to be at a standstill right now, but trying not to get discouraged.

KELLIinAZ

Kelli - no worries about wendy. She is fabulous. She makes it so easy!

Hi everyone,

My name is Beth and I live in Gilbert, AZ. I, too am glad that there are many people here from AZ. I was banded on 11/22/2006 and will be going for my first fill on February 19. That is a good thing because it feels as though I have absolutely no restriction right now. I have lost a total of 32lbs so far, but the weight loss has slowed down somewhat. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here from AZ.

Beth in AZ

Hi everyone,

My name is Beth and I live in Gilbert, AZ. I, too am glad that there are many people here from AZ. I was banded on 11/22/2006 and will be going for my first fill on February 19. That is a good thing because it feels as though I have absolutely no restriction right now. I have lost a total of 32lbs so far, but the weight loss has slowed down somewhat. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here from AZ.

Beth in AZ

Hi Beth!

Welcome!

><' Well hello fellow bandsters- I am now almost 4 monthes out -started my preop diet on October 1st 2006 surgery on October 16th and DRUM ROLL PLEASE :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I am down officially 49LBS woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo oh yeah did I say WOO HOO ----I feel great I keep losing something each week - have come to a couple of 7- 10 day roadblocks but it appears all I do is change my diet a little or do a diffrent exercise at the gym and it starts the weight loss back up ----I eat small meals - I drink no soda nor have I tried to drink it- I do not push to see how much I can eat- I have a fill scheduled for 2-19 but at this time I have not booked a plane ticket due to the continuing weight loss- so I just need to remember to call and cancel LOL- people are starting to make comments - which makes my day - I picked my daughter up from school early for a MD appoinment during lunch time - some other girls were in the office that new my daughter and do to a new secretary and her not knowing me I had to go back out to the car to get my ID - when my daughter and I left the girls asked if I was her mother and she said yes - and they are like SHE IS PRETTY----- ><' thank you thank you - I have never been down on myself about how I look or how much I weigh, let me tell you the last 4 monthes have been a life changing event for me - I FEEL GREAT - I LOOK GREAT- I WALK WITH A STRUT lol---I have started a new job I have enrolled in classes to start towards a AAS in dietician going on to become a registred dietician-----I have 1.6 cc's I believe in my 4cc band and the 1.6 cc is from the first and only fill at this time. CAN I SAY HOW GREAT I FEEL ----I have only had food come up 2-3 times I make sure I just don't eat that again---LOL I can eat most everything ----but tend to do it just the way Dr. Miranda has advised Protien- veggies- and then whatever else if you are able - I usually don't make it past those 2 lol :lol::lol: I vary my diet and I believe that helps the continuing weightloss---I know it will slow down- my goal overall is 100lbs that will make it from 267/218/167 but if I can get down to 150 I would be very happy ----but it is a day by day process--- I do check my weight EVERY day I don't want to not know and have had gained 4-5 lbs back I want to see it and work it back off -----if i am up a lb or 2 I watch what I am eating - make note of what time of the month it is - notice more so now that when I have a period I gain 2-5 lbs but as it winds down the weight comes back off- so I don't panic-- can we say I obssessed with my band YES YES YES- it is a investment, tool and wonderful - I have gone from a 24-mostly 26 pants down to 20/22 which are loose but that is okay and buying the largest shirt cause I liked baggy which was a 26/28 or a 30/32 to 18 YES YES YES ---i have bought new clothes and 10 pairs of new shoes all 5 dollars at WALMART gotta love my shoes - I have hit sales and a friend from another board sent me a box of her clothes shipping cost 60.00 but....... there were about a dozen summer dresses about 8 pairs of capris some shirts and I feel it was a investment of 60.00 that was well worht it - I have probably only spent about 300.00 buying new clothes. I feel that it is not that bad of a dent in the budget ---plus we all know things shrink with continuing washing and drying LOL ---so now that I have chatted all of yur heads off I will sign off and wish you all well on each individual journey------LOVE ME CYNDI IN ARIZONA ><' ><' ><'

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I received my first fill yesterday here in AZ with Wendy Hall and her daughter Tammy.. I just want to say it was awesome.. These two ladies are so sweet and I am so happy I chose to go to them for my first fill. And it was only $100. I was a little reluctant at first because I couldn't feel my port on my own and I was afraid they would miss it or have to stick me a dozen times. Tammy found it on the FIRST try and made sure I had very good restriction before she pulled out the needle. I sat in the lobby for a bit afterwards and sipped on some water to make sure I had the appropriate restriction. I have 48 hours to decide if I want more fill or unfill at no additional cost.. It took 3.5cc's to give me the appropriate restriction. Today I still feel the restriction and I love it.. I can only eat tiny portions and I feel stuffed!!! I LOVE IT.. I will continue to use Wendy and Tammy for my fills until I reach my goal....

KELLIinAZ

260/237/150

Banded 1/05/07

Hi Kelli,

Glad to hear your first fill went well. 3.5 cc's seems like a lot for your first fill. I got my first fill yesterday in TJ. Dr. Romero gave me 1.5 cc's. Since you had a good experience with Wendy Hall, I may try her the next time since it's hard for me to go back and forth to TJ. Do you have her phone number?

Beth in AZ

Hi Kelli,

Glad to hear your first fill went well. 3.5 cc's seems like a lot for your first fill. I got my first fill yesterday in TJ. Dr. Romero gave me 1.5 cc's. Since you had a good experience with Wendy Hall, I may try her the next time since it's hard for me to go back and forth to TJ. Do you have her phone number?

Beth in AZ

We also went to Wendy. Beth...........do you have the larger band? Wow, that is a lot of saline. I went to Wendy for some advice and another perspective on things, and to have someone local just in case. I am very happy with her. I had to go back to see her though the next day. I stayed at 3.4cc's when she gave me the thicker solution, but had to have some taken out because I could not keep even water down. What relief!

Teri