WHAT IS RESTRICTION? HOW DO YOU DEFINE IT?

Hi All,

Now that I've had my second fill, I'm experiencing some of the same reactions I've read about in some of your posts.

After band surgery I couldn't eat as much as I used to, which is normal. After my first fill I didn't feel any difference;

now I've had my second fill and wow, what a difference - almost to much of a difference. I have a lot of trouble even

drinking my morning cup of coffee. Throughout the rest of the day, I can eat, but if I don't chew the hell out of what

I'm eating it gets stuck. I slime quite a bit and have pbed a few times. :bad:

What I feel is whatever I eat goes down to about the top of my breasts (right in between) and just sits there like a lump. To

me it feels like I ate a big spoon full of something like mashed potatoes and it gets stuck and just sits there. I try to walk

it away, sometimes that works, but most of the time I'm over the toilet spitting up slime - not the food I've eaten, just slime.

I've even tried to stick my finger down my throat to get rid of the "lump", but the food does not come up.

Is this restriction? Is this what all of you talk about when you say you have great restriction? I thought restriction

was some sort of full feeling, like when you guys talk about only being able to eat 2/3 of a cup of food and if you ate more, it

would come back up. I know I can eat more than 2/3 of a cup of food, I certainly can't eat like I used to, but more than 2/3.

And I can't say that I've really felt full, it's more like I eat two pieces of pizza and I know I could eat a third piece, but I just

don't have the desire. That's not really feeling full - it's more like I'm satisfied so thats that.

Anyway, what is restriction, is it that lump feeling or is it getting full? I'm confused!! :wacko:

Suzanna

OSuzanna, some of what you've said is definitely restriction.

I define it as feeling full either in my throat, chest or stomach, it varies. My body tells me when to stop eating.

If you don't feel full after 2/3 cup of food, walk away for a bit and see what happens..if you are eating more than this, it may be the reason you are sliming and PBing. I find that if I stop before feeling really full, I don't get the lump in my throat and don't slime.

I am only able to eat one peice of pizza, two may be too much for you. Try and let me know how it goes.

Good luck!

Hi All,

Now that I've had my second fill, I'm experiencing some of the same reactions I've read about in some of your posts.

After band surgery I couldn't eat as much as I used to, which is normal. After my first fill I didn't feel any difference;

now I've had my second fill and wow, what a difference - almost to much of a difference. I have a lot of trouble even

drinking my morning cup of coffee. Throughout the rest of the day, I can eat, but if I don't chew the hell out of what

I'm eating it gets stuck. I slime quite a bit and have pbed a few times. :bad:

What I feel is whatever I eat goes down to about the top of my breasts (right in between) and just sits there like a lump. To

me it feels like I ate a big spoon full of something like mashed potatoes and it gets stuck and just sits there. I try to walk

it away, sometimes that works, but most of the time I'm over the toilet spitting up slime - not the food I've eaten, just slime.

I've even tried to stick my finger down my throat to get rid of the "lump", but the food does not come up.

Is this restriction? Is this what all of you talk about when you say you have great restriction? I thought restriction

was some sort of full feeling, like when you guys talk about only being able to eat 2/3 of a cup of food and if you ate more, it

would come back up. I know I can eat more than 2/3 of a cup of food, I certainly can't eat like I used to, but more than 2/3.

And I can't say that I've really felt full, it's more like I eat two pieces of pizza and I know I could eat a third piece, but I just

don't have the desire. That's not really feeling full - it's more like I'm satisfied so thats that.

Anyway, what is restriction, is it that lump feeling or is it getting full? I'm confused!! :wacko:

Suzanna

JUST A QUESTION FOR YA SUZANNA, WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF FULL? I'M GUESSING HERE IT'S NOT SATISFIED?

JUST A QUESTION FOR YA SUZANNA, WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF FULL? I'M GUESSING HERE IT'S NOT SATISFIED?

LOL, that's a good question, what is full - is it that feeling after Thanksgiving where you've eaten so much you feel like barfing? Or, is it that you feel comfortable and just don't have the desire to eat anymore?

I guess for me I would have to define "full" (post band) as being comfortable and not at all hungry anymore I don't think I've gotten to the point of feeling that if I take one more bite, I'll pb. I have pbed, but it's happended after the first bite or two and I know it's because I haven't chewed well enough.

You know what, I take it back. In my post band life I have just decided that "full" is no longer in my vocabulary - how's that?

From those of you who have responded to my request for a definition of restriction, it sounds like you think it's that lump in the chest?

Oh well, food for thought - no pun intended. LOL

Thanks all, have a great evening!

Suzanna

Hey, I was upset too when I realized "full" meant "lump in chest", kind of.... I chew and chew and when I start to barely feel that feeling I stop for a couple of minutes to let it slide down, if I don't it just gets worse. If you get to the point you are sliming, you should have stopped a couple of bites ago or chewed more. When I am stuck, I can't burp, swallow, and my throat feels like someone is choking me. As time has gone on, I have realized the only way I can prevent feeling that way is to stop way before I want to. Sorry you are having such a tough time. Ellen

LOL, that's a good question, what is full - is it that feeling after Thanksgiving where you've eaten so much you feel like barfing? Or, is it that you feel comfortable and just don't have the desire to eat anymore?

I guess for me I would have to define "full" (post band) as being comfortable and not at all hungry anymore I don't think I've gotten to the point of feeling that if I take one more bite, I'll pb. I have pbed, but it's happended after the first bite or two and I know it's because I haven't chewed well enough.

You know what, I take it back. In my post band life I have just decided that "full" is no longer in my vocabulary - how's that?

From those of you who have responded to my request for a definition of restriction, it sounds like you think it's that lump in the chest?

Oh well, food for thought - no pun intended. LOL

Thanks all, have a great evening!

Suzanna

SEE, YOU GET IT :D

OSuzanna - I get many of the very same symptoms asyou described in your post. I would consider the tightness/fullness in he throat to be restriction, I also get a full feeling in m stomach but more so i feel it in my throat. Also, I feel that restriction includes not feeling hungry between meals. I empathize with you on the sliming and pbing though. I hope things get better