Hello everyone--newbie here

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I just went under the knife on 10/2/08 and do ok. I'm a bit sore and have some pain in the chest (gas I'm sure) and have been doing liquids all day (pee all day to, LOL).

One questoin I have is my BP is high. It was low the day before 10/1/08 and has always been low (lucky I guess) and today it's 160/100. When I left the doctor it was 145/95.

I'm not one to really worry much but........ I'm going to give a few more days before I start to get concerned.

Well hello to all again an I can't wait to suft the site a bit more.

Have a great night,

Corey

Welcome Corey and congrats on getting the band!!!

Did you have your surgery at The OCC? Did you meet Susanp and Oct2 and of course Bigboi?

Apparently Oct 2/08 was a busy banding date.

Your body is going through some major changes, be patient and if your BP gets too high be sure to contact your doctor.

Good Luck with everything!!! Any questions, we are here!!

Hi Corey,

Congrats to you! My surgery is this coming Thurs, 10/9 at TJ. What you are experiencing is mostly like the stress of what you went thru. And, of course, what you are about to do can be stressful too, because of the unknown. It's ok...but if it starts to climb and you still don't feel well, go to your primary doctor to have it check.

Good Luck!

Jude =)

I had it done in Las Vegas by Dr. Atkinson. In and out pretty smooth. I've been waiting so long and finally took the BIG step.

Thanks for the fast feedback.

That's great!! I was banded in Ontario, Canada. Most of the guys and gals on this forum were banded at the OCC in Tijuana Mexico. We are one big supportive family and I know you will love it on here!

Welcome to the group. I was banded on the 19th and have one week left of the liquid hell, I call it. HA! Your body is going to go through so many things. I still can't believe what this had done for me. I actually walked in to liz clauborne today, I have never had to gutts to do that. They actually had my size. In the little time since I got banded, I feel so good. Your journey is going to be so good and we are here to support you all the way. This group has helped me to stay on track and keep with the plan that Dr Ortiz told me to do. It has not been easy but with a little help from friends we can do it. Again, welcome to the group.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I just went under the knife on 10/2/08 and do ok. I'm a bit sore and have some pain in the chest (gas I'm sure) and have been doing liquids all day (pee all day to, LOL).

One questoin I have is my BP is high. It was low the day before 10/1/08 and has always been low (lucky I guess) and today it's 160/100. When I left the doctor it was 145/95.

I'm not one to really worry much but........ I'm going to give a few more days before I start to get concerned.

Well hello to all again an I can't wait to suft the site a bit more.

Have a great night,

Corey

WELCOME TO THE GROUP COREY :)