4 months post op.

I know I haven't posted on here in a while, but I have had tons going on in my world.

My husband and I have went from having no kids, to having a 16 year old girl. One of my softball players moved in with us. Her mom and her were having problems living together, so her mom asked if she could come live with us. She has been with us for a little over a month now. So far so good... (keeping my fingers crossed)

My husband had out-patient sinus surgery on Tuesday. The surgery was only suppose to last two hours and be in recovery for two hours. The doctor came out and told me that the surgery went great and that he was in recovery and I would be able to see him in a little bit. I got a little worried when I was still in the waiting room 3 hours later waiting on him to get out of recovery. I found someone and asked if they had forgot about me.. The nurse called and said that he was having some trouble breathing and while I was on the phone with the nurse... he stopped breathing and his heart stopped. I could hear them yelling for him to breathe. The nurse just hung up on me so I had no idea what all was going on. After another hour (seemed like 8) the nurse came and got me and told me that I could see him for 5 minutes he was in ICU.. Talk about scare the crap out of you. He was in ICU for 3 days we got to come home Friday about noon. He is doing lots better just makes you realize how precious life is.

Now to my lapband progress. It has been 4 months since I was banded and I am down 41 pounds. It is such a great feeling when people who have no idea that I had the surgery come up and tell me how good I look. I went to the homecoming game last week one of the coaches told the other softball coach how good I was looking. Yes, it feels great when I get checked out. Here is a pic of me at homecoming.

HannahHomecoming106.jpg

Wow Flan, you have been through alot. I'm so happy for you that everything turned out okay. You are looking great, and doing excellent with your band. Have you had any fills? Are you still feeling restriction, getting full on a reasonable amount of food? Let us know how you're doing with all that.

Ditto! Good for you to be able to keep your weight loss up during all that! That is so wonderful of you to take her in. That is a big responsibility but it sounds like it is going well.

Congrats on your success! I hope to have the same results!

Shelby

Congrats, and my heart goes out to you and your hubby. Such a scary thing! You know you have good karma when it all works out right and you're earning double karma points by taking in a 16 year old, I've raised 3 boys and that is such a hard age! There have been times when I wished I had someone like you to help me out, sometimes they wont listen to you but will listen to others, she has to be so happy she has you to help!

Take care and keep up the great work, you are looking awesome!

Lisa

Hedi, You look beautiful, if it wern't for the dress, I would have to guess which of you is the queen.

Sorry about your husband, it must have scared the crap out of you.

I haven't lost as much as you , but I am real happy with the progress so far. I have lost a ton of inches.

And ten ponds since this picture was posted.

You have 16 year in your house. You are a hero. I hope all works out for you, anything has got to be better than what you have just gone thru. You are a strong young woman and I know you can are ARE handling things well.

So glad to hear from you, Barb

Wow Flan, you have been through alot. I'm so happy for you that everything turned out okay. You are looking great, and doing excellent with your band. Have you had any fills? Are you still feeling restriction, getting full on a reasonable amount of food? Let us know how you're doing with all that.

I have had two fills so far. The first fill I got 2cc and on my second fill, I got another 2cc. It has been almost two months since I got my second fill and I still have tons of restriction. I have lost about 23 pounds with my second fill.