My Aunt had a fill today

My Aunt, who was banded with me at the OCC, went to the fill Dr. I went to in New Orleans because she was sick of getting the tiny fills our regular fill Dr. gives us here in MS. My Aunt's BMI was only 32 at the time of her surgery and she has never felt resriction. Today when she went in she had 1.5cc in a 4cc band after 7 months of fills. The Dr. gave her 3.5cc and she had no restriction at all when she drank water in the waiting room. She went back in and he have her another 1cc for a total of 4.5cc in a 4cc band!! She could finally feel the tightening sensation when she drank water. ( I couldn't keep water down with 2.5cc in my 4cc band)

My question to all of you is do you think the OCC accidently gave her a 10cc band? Why did she have to have such a HUGE fill to feel anything? Could something be wrong with her band?

Oh - wow, Kim. That is something. She should call the OCC and request an operative report - I did just in case I ever need it - but in it should be the size of the band. Maybe they just gave her the wrong card. Or maybe since she is already on the lower end of the scale (with a BMI <32) she just needs a fill that large because her stomach is smaller. Just curious, how much did the doc say a 4cc band could be expanded to?

I made a mistake yesterday when I had my first fill and told the doctor I had a 10 cc band. The second he looked at the band on the fluoro screen he said "No way that's a 10 cc band" and then he looked in my paperwork where the receptionist had copied the cards from the OCC and said it was a 4 cc. But, he was able to see it on the screen and recognize the difference. Hopefully someone wil be able to solve this mystery for your aunt...I bet she does have a 10 cc...

Whhhhaaat ?

That sure is interesting ... I would think with her low BMI she'd have the 4cc/10cm band but a 4.5 fill would be A LOT !

The NP I go for my fills told me that a 4cc band can actually hold more than 4cc due to saline in the tube etc., but to feel no restriction up to that point sounds strange ...

Please keep us posted what she finds out !

I don't think she has a 10cc band. I currently have 3.5cc in my band and am going for a fill tomorrow. The doctor told me these band can actually hold more than 4cc. It took me getting to 3.5 cc to finally have restriction, but after losing another 10 pounds or so, I don't have the restriction anymore. She told me the tightness of the band depends on the fat around the stomach. I dieted 6 months before my band and lost 30 pounds, not sure if that made a difference or not.

Her operative report says she has a 4cc band. The fill Dr. told her that a 4cc band can hold up to 6cc's. This Dr. does not fluoro unless there is a problem finding the port.

Her operative report says she has a 4cc band. The fill Dr. told her that a 4cc band can hold up to 6cc's. This Dr. does not fluoro unless there is a problem finding the port.

All bands will hold more than their rated. How much more?? Inamed knows,, but that info isn't available. But,, you got to remember,, the 4cc, 10cc and the 14cc band will never completely close shut. No matter how much saline is in them, they only close down to a certain point. But, each person is different,, depending on the thickness of your stomach wall and how much fat is on the outside of your stomach wall,, you can close off your stomach completely and have total restriction. How much saline is required to do this varies with each person. As several of you know,, being OVERFILLED is not a place to be.

I have only had two fills, but my dr was VERY aggressive with his fills. The first fill he gave me 2cc on my second fill he gave me another 2cc. I am almost two months out from my second fill and I still have tons of restriction.