6 1/2 months banded.. progress pics..

I've been banded a little over 6 months now. I have posted this before and I will say it again, I really feel like it's taken me 6 months to *kinda* get the hang of the band. It's a daily surprise to find what worked yesterday doesn't work today. I thank God, and care credit financing, every single day for my band. I am 25lbs from my goal. My goal is 190lbs. I might lose more but to be honest I really like being a curvy girl. (please note curvy not fat) I like my hips and I like my hour glass shape. I am currently a size 16 and find that even they are big in the waist but can't go down because of hips/azz. When I reach my goal weight and size.. I'm thinking a size 12 I will start buying clothes that fit my hips/booty/thighs and have them tailored to the rest of me.

This forum is such a godsend for me. I lurk and read several times a day.. commenting here and there.. getting pissy from time to time and wiping my eyes. I have a special fondness for Ramona and Evette since we were banded on the same day and met at the OCC. I love hearing everyone's ups/downs and allll arounds!

I have tried for a week now to get my blasted photo's to post but can't get it.. and good lord I thought I was computer savy!!

so here are the links.. maybe someone can fix it for me.

Before 276 lbs

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr94/ml...eforepic005.jpg

After (in progress) 215lbs * i'm in the middle*

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr94/ml...4424182_573.jpg

just me

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr94/ml...dayparty055.jpg

Wow, look at you, all the girls are really comen out and showen off their stuff! Girl you are looken great!! Such a big difference, you look so cute!!

(I'll be honest, I never thought I'd get as thin as I have, sometimes it can be hard to stop loosen the weight, I was hoping for 165, thought 175 would be fine, but I go between 135 and 145 now, I think I'm finally at my stopping point) Just a forewarning! And I like curves too!!

You look great Mindy. Can't wait to meet you in person at the portland get together.

Hey Mindy I just went on the urban waxx website and your profile picture there is beautiful. My mom lives on 20th and northrup, is that near where you work?

Hey Mindy I just went on the urban waxx website and your profile picture there is beautiful. My mom lives on 20th and northrup, is that near where you work?

Linda

yep, we are right up the street at nw 18th x marshall. Thanks for the compliments :wub: I really do blush when I read the nice words.. it's been a long time :)

Guest CaraMBA09
I've been banded a little over 6 months now. I have posted this before and I will say it again, I really feel like it's taken me 6 months to *kinda* get the hang of the band. It's a daily surprise to find what worked yesterday doesn't work today. I thank God, and care credit financing, every single day for my band. I am 25lbs from my goal. My goal is 190lbs. I might lose more but to be honest I really like being a curvy girl. (please note curvy not fat) I like my hips and I like my hour glass shape. I am currently a size 16 and find that even they are big in the waist but can't go down because of hips/azz. When I reach my goal weight and size.. I'm thinking a size 12 I will start buying clothes that fit my hips/booty/thighs and have them tailored to the rest of me.

This forum is such a godsend for me. I lurk and read several times a day.. commenting here and there.. getting pissy from time to time and wiping my eyes. I have a special fondness for Ramona and Evette since we were banded on the same day and met at the OCC. I love hearing everyone's ups/downs and allll arounds!

I have tried for a week now to get my blasted photo's to post but can't get it.. and good lord I thought I was computer savy!!

so here are the links.. maybe someone can fix it for me.

Before 276 lbs

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr94/ml...eforepic005.jpg

After (in progress) 215lbs * i'm in the middle*

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr94/ml...4424182_573.jpg

just me

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr94/ml...dayparty055.jpg

You are as cute as a button!

I hate missing out on the dance party in the next few weeks...but we will have to plan another one for the spring or something!

All the best to you!

WOW!!!! Look great!!!!! MAJOR difference!!!!! Congrats on all your hard work - it shows me it can be done and gives me a lot of confidence in this!!!

thanks to everyone who commented ><' I was nervous to post but excited at the same time (if that makes sense)

Lisa- I understand what you said about not knowing when your body will stop losing..... If I settle at 190 I will be very happy, I try not to set myself up for disappointment.. YOU look FABULOUS!!!!

I stepped on the scale this morning and am down another 2lbs to 213. WOW... all I can say. WOW... I went shopping today and ONLY shopped in the regular size section... ME, in regular sizes.

Thanks again everyone! xoxoxox

You look really good. :D What a difference you look like a totally new person. It is funny how we all, at first, aim for a safe weight size, but like Lisal said once we get there we will want to lose more. Keep up all the good work.

You look really good. :D What a difference you look like a totally new person. It is funny how we all, at first, aim for a safe weight size, but like Lisal said once we get there we will want to lose more. Keep up all the good work.

MINDY!!

How did I ever miss this post?!?!

You are looking FABULOUS!! I just want to hug you! Your face, your legs, your waist, look at those pics you are HALF of your old size!!! I am so proud of you sweetie!! Like Ive always told you, you are such a beautiful woman, with a kick ass personality. All those Jamaican boys are going to be chasing you around! Teehee!

I knew you were rockin' with your band. You are 25 POUNDS from your goal!!! 25 POUNDS MINDY!! Lol, can you tell how proud of you I am? GOOD JOB!! I hope to get the results YOU have!!

XOXOXOXO,

Evette

P.S. I wish I could make the Portland get together :kicks wall: <_<

><'

Oh EVETTE!! big hugs to you ><' ><'

Thanks for your nice note :):D I wish you could come to the Portland get together too! I will see you at teh bandster get together!

xoxox

Thanks to EVERYONE for your nice words/comments.. It really helps me keep going.