My first day of exercise

So, I recorded Cardio Blast on Fit TV for my first exercise since being banded. I have walked but I thought I could kick it up a bit with some cardio. UGGGGHHHH. First of all I found my lightweight pair of shorts and a sports bra. I thought i was all set to complete a 30 minute workout. I turned on the video and soon learned I would be doing some kickboxing...cool. So we start with the punches. This is not so bad, I thought. I started to hear something though. What was that? OMG, it is my wings slapping against my body. GROSS. We then start adding some kicks, I guess the heavier the legs the harder the kicks are. I started huffing and puffing and barely able to lift my leg off the ground. The instructor then said, "Good job with the warmup, lets get started"--WHAT??!!?? started? I thought I was almost done. So we get "started" and she starts encorporating some jumping jacks and jogging. Does she not have boobs? I do not think they make a sports bra that is strong enough to hold my girls during jumping jacks. So will I am attempting to jump I had to hold on to the chest with one hand and punch with the other. Besides the girls hopping around on me, I had everyother part of my body out of time with the jumps. I would jump up, my butt and tummy would go down, I would go down and my butt and tummy would go up. I need a whole body sports bra. I am so glad I did not attempt to go to a gym and do this, I looked ridiculous!!!

Needless to say, I did not complete the entire workout. Kickboxing kicked my butt. BUT, I am not giving up. I know that this is somthing I have to build up to. I just had no idea how bad out of shape I was. I used to go to the gym and do pilates and work on the eliptical but this is something completely different. it is just my body doing the work and it keeps me moving continuously. I am just about ready to go and do my "Shimmy" workout that I also recorded on Fit TV. So I hopefully will be alive to post about that one too. To all of you seasoned workout goddesses, my hats off to you for getting as far as you have. Being in shape means being in pain for quite some time, not to mention how it can be somewhat degrading at the beginning. But those endorphenes did kick in a little later and I did feel great.

I gotta go shimmy now, wish me luck!!

Guest CaraMBA09
So, I recorded Cardio Blast on Fit TV for my first exercise since being banded. I have walked but I thought I could kick it up a bit with some cardio. UGGGGHHHH. First of all I found my lightweight pair of shorts and a sports bra. I thought i was all set to complete a 30 minute workout. I turned on the video and soon learned I would be doing some kickboxing...cool. So we start with the punches. This is not so bad, I thought. I started to hear something though. What was that? OMG, it is my wings slapping against my body. GROSS. We then start adding some kicks, I guess the heavier the legs the harder the kicks are. I started huffing and puffing and barely able to lift my leg off the ground. The instructor then said, "Good job with the warmup, lets get started"--WHAT??!!?? started? I thought I was almost done. So we get "started" and she starts encorporating some jumping jacks and jogging. Does she not have boobs? I do not think they make a sports bra that is strong enough to hold my girls during jumping jacks. So will I am attempting to jump I had to hold on to the chest with one hand and punch with the other. Besides the girls hopping around on me, I had everyother part of my body out of time with the jumps. I would jump up, my butt and tummy would go down, I would go down and my butt and tummy would go up. I need a whole body sports bra. I am so glad I did not attempt to go to a gym and do this, I looked ridiculous!!!

Needless to say, I did not complete the entire workout. Kickboxing kicked my butt. BUT, I am not giving up. I know that this is somthing I have to build up to. I just had no idea how bad out of shape I was. I used to go to the gym and do pilates and work on the eliptical but this is something completely different. it is just my body doing the work and it keeps me moving continuously. I am just about ready to go and do my "Shimmy" workout that I also recorded on Fit TV. So I hopefully will be alive to post about that one too. To all of you seasoned workout goddesses, my hats off to you for getting as far as you have. Being in shape means being in pain for quite some time, not to mention how it can be somewhat degrading at the beginning. But those endorphenes did kick in a little later and I did feel great.

I gotta go shimmy now, wish me luck!!

Good for you!

Stick with it and I truly hope everything is getting better for you day by day!

My plan is to get on the treadmill and walk and then do a light jog tonight. I have been afraid to start excercising as I do not want to slip my band, but I think 4.5 weeks post-op, I should be okay!

Thank you so much for that hilarious post! It's good to see that we're not alone out there. I worked to the wee hours this morning and just got up for morning coffee. I just wanted you to know you put a big smile on my face that will carry through the day. Thanks for that!

Jann

Keep up the amazing work! I'm going to go do Wii fit now -- it is quite a bit less painful than the one you're working on!

Hey you took the first step. Too funny... My wings flap everytime and I hate it!!!

It won't be long and you will breeze through the program.

Thanks for the chuckle :D

Heidi!

As I am reading your post, I am laughing so hard with tears! I just had my surgery last week, and I am holding my side where the port is because it hurts to laugh!! Oh, I can just see you doing all that and believe me...I understand about the 'girls'!!

Thanks for brightening my day first thing! I will be thinking of this when I finally get to do my first exercise!

Enjoy your day!

Jude :P

Well I did the "shimmy" and guess what? it was bellydancing!!!! Ha ha ha, I gave a whole new meaning to the word, "belly" dancing. It was not as intense so I managed the whole thing and it sure was FUN!!! What a motivator it is to watch all these womens with the flat 6-pack abs. I am going to do everyother day the cardio blast then the everyother day "shimmy". Sure wish I had this when I was still with my hubby, we may not be separated now. :rolleyes: .

I am loving the endorphene(sp?) rush. Makes me feel a lot better all through the day. I can't wait to get going again tomorrow morning. Okay maybe not the cardio blast again but no pain, no loss, right?

Thanks all for making me feel like I am not the only one making a fool of myself in my own living room. At this point I am glad that not even my dog is here to watch my disgrace. :P . it will get better though, I just need to continue with it.

Well I did the "shimmy" and guess what? it was bellydancing!!!! Ha ha ha, I gave a whole new meaning to the word, "belly" dancing. It was not as intense so I managed the whole thing and it sure was FUN!!! What a motivator it is to watch all these womens with the flat 6-pack abs. I am going to do everyother day the cardio blast then the everyother day "shimmy". Sure wish I had this when I was still with my hubby, we may not be separated now. :rolleyes: .

I am loving the endorphene(sp?) rush. Makes me feel a lot better all through the day. I can't wait to get going again tomorrow morning. Okay maybe not the cardio blast again but no pain, no loss, right?

Thanks all for making me feel like I am not the only one making a fool of myself in my own living room. At this point I am glad that not even my dog is here to watch my disgrace. :P . it will get better though, I just need to continue with it.

YAY!!! When it's fun you want to keep it up! Good for you! You will be absolutely amazed at how fast your body remembers. In no time you will become more elegant. I promise! We're only clutzy when we start.

Who makes Shimmy? Closest I get to that is the Wii Fii Super Hula Hoop exercise of which I am the Queen! hehe --

I sure wish I had FIT TV that would be nice. It sounds like you get a selection from it. I get Discovery Health Canadian which plays some American content but not exercise vids. I've been following the Diet Doctor series. She goes through each of the popular diets with a person who tries them and breaks down the pros and cons. At the end of each episode the person reports back their progress. I can't wait to see if she does the Skinny Bitch diet -- that one cracks me up!

Jann

HAHAHA...the Skinny Bitch diet? I wonder what that is? too funny!! :P

But I have a question...I thought you couldn't exercise until AFTER 3 months from your surgery? Am I missing something here?

All I am doing is the walks, which I hate, cause it's soooo boring. I need to have a walkman for music listiening. And I do a few arms and legs exercises but not anything hard core do the recovery of the surgery. So, really, at what point can I actually do the videos exercises?

Thanks for any suggestions and comments...I totally miss exercising!!

Jude =)

HAHAHA...the Skinny Bitch diet? I wonder what that is? too funny!! :P

But I have a question...I thought you couldn't exercise until AFTER 3 months from your surgery? Am I missing something here?

All I am doing is the walks, which I hate, cause it's soooo boring. I need to have a walkman for music listiening. And I do a few arms and legs exercises but not anything hard core do the recovery of the surgery. So, really, at what point can I actually do the videos exercises?

Thanks for any suggestions and comments...I totally miss exercising!!

Jude =)

No core for three months, hun. You have to heal. Lapband, although laproscopic, still qualifies as major surgery. Walk yourself silly, that's what I did. You can exercise your arms and your legs but leave your torso to heal!

Jann

I was told no ab workouts for 3 months. And I, too, love the idea of the skinny bitch diet. I have not been a skinny bitch for years. :lol:

Yup, it's all the rage http://www.skinnybitch.net/

I live for the day that I get called "That skinny bitch!" instead of the usual "What a bitch!" :D:lol: Some people just don't understand the value of directness. What can I say? <_< Some people might be offended by the tone of this book. I found it absolutely hilarious and truthful!

Jann

I am so SORE!!!!! Geez louise. Cardio blast yesterday was more of a sculpting class. She had 40 pound barbells and 8 pound weights. I had....soup cans. <_< . She also had mini steps that were about 2 feet off the ground, I had....the ground. I just about passed out. Leg lunges are the DEVIL!!!!! My butt, thighs, shoulders and upper back are still wiggly. THis does get better, right?

You Go Girl!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :girl_dance: :yahoo: OMG.. you crack me up!!! Make sure you don't exercise every day Heidi.. remember, your muscles need a day to heal. (And so do your girls!) :lol2: