I am now a member of Bandland!!!

WOO Hoo, I made it! I was newly banded today here at the Occ and the doctors and staff could not be more wonderful. All the doctors are very nice and the procedure was much easier than what I thought. I'm a little sore where the port is, but other than that I feel just fine. wOO HOO now it's time for the weight to come off!!!!

WOO Hoo, I made it! I was newly banded today here at the Occ and the doctors and staff could not be more wonderful. All the doctors are very nice and the procedure was much easier than what I thought. I'm a little sore where the port is, but other than that I feel just fine. wOO HOO now it's time for the weight to come off!!!!

YAHOO! Congratulations and welcome!!

Congrats! I had mine 10/10 and time flys! :) The liquid diet is not bad, like I sad it is going very fast!

YAY!!! Welcome to Bandland! I was banded on Oct 8, so we are new too. Don't forget to sip, sip, sip and WALK, WALK, WALK! I found walking really helps getting rid of those gassy bubbles!! AND, take those Gas X...A God saver!!

Keep us posted on how you are doing?

Congratulations!!!!! Time does fly but you are in for a tough journey. Don't over do it. You will feel okay but you need to take it easy. Get some rest between walking. This is still major surgery. Gas is a killer to some, I know it was for me. Try not to let air in when you do sip. Try to pour the water/broth in instead of sipping. This is the beginning to a whole new life. Embrace it!!!! I look forward to hearing about all the victories that are in the close future.

Congrats!!! I too was recently banded 10/10 and your right the OCC is wonderful. This will be one of the most empowering 21 days...you are going to loose weight if you follow the rule. I weighed myself every morning and it gave me the will power to stick with the liquids. Good Luck on the journey of a lifetime.

Yea!!! Congrats to you!!! I am glad to hear that everything went so well. Keep us up to date on your progress!!!

thanks everyone! This forum helped me to make the decision to have the surgery and reading everyone's experiences really got me prepared. Week one has been hell on this liquid diet, but I've been sticking to it. It almost like a drug addict going thru withdrawls. I am looking forward to when I can finally have food, but I am also apprehensive as I don't want to overdo it. One day at a time I guess!