Something stuck? Too tight?

crazycoolbutterfly

I have been reading through some of the postings and noticed that there have been some people experiencing problems with over fills and stuck foods. Lately, I have been nauseated and vomiting through out the day. HOWEVER I CAN eat without a problem very LATE at night. When I wake up, I have always had a "tighteness" that wears off about 2-3pm, so I usually start with a protein shake or yogurt. For lunch a salad, lean chili w/ beans, soft fish, or anything soft and mushy. And by dinner which would be about 7p I could eat chicken, or red meat, and steamed veggies. Now, it seems that I can NOT eat anything all day. No breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I drink water, but slowly and it can't be cold. I get that chest tightness and my heart feels like it's going to pop out of my chest. I can drink hot liquids, coffee, tea, broth- very slowly and a little at a time.

WHAT's the deal? It started happening about 5 days ago. I just thought it was because of the weather or my menstrual cycle, because I have noticed that while on my cycle my band feels tighter. And when the weather is COLD out, my band feels tighter than usual.

BUT after reading others posting, I am beginning to think that maybe I have something stuck. I had my second fill in July 30, 2008, so I don't think it is an overfill? I had thought about getting a third fill the beginning of this month, but I held off because I was going to wait two more weeks...and then this problem began.

What do you think? Recommend? And if I do have something stuck, HOW do I get it unstuck? THANKS in advance for your responses and I hope to get over this SOON.

So, today Aunt Flo paid me a visit. I noted that the last four days I was tighter than I was last weekend.

Last Sunday I'd decided I needed a fill. Yesterday I was happy I hadn't gotten one. Tonight everything is fine again.

I think you're just in your 28 day cycle.

I am really tight in the morning and at dinner time, so who knows what's going on...I have a shake for breakfast, protein and veggies for lunch and try to get some protein in a dinner time, maybe a snack of something soft like pudding or fudgecicle.

If you are not getting alot of food and nutrients in, make sure you take your vitamins.

Take care!

Ok, so I went to my PCP and got an upper GI series with follow thru and my band looks really good! The pouch looks good and doesn't seem to be any problems. As of today, I can hold liquids and eat creamy soups. SO things are getting better. I think I may have had a stomach virus, but I really don't know. I am going to the houston fill usa center and show them my pix from the GI and see what they think.

One thing I noticed (and the radiologist) was that my band looked tight. Which is working and doing it's job, but for some reason it looked tighter than normal? And I haven't had a fill since July 30, so I am wondering what that means? I wonder if the cold weather effects the tightness of the band? Has anyone ever heard of that? I know that our menstrual cycle does for some of us, but cold weather? I could believe this because it does effect old muscle injuries and all surgeries.

I have also read that stress, anxiety, excitement and of course strenous exercise tightens the band....maybe it's a combination of things. SO, after clear warm liquids for 3 days, this is what I am doing:

6 oz Hot coffee in morning (8am)

8 oz room temp water

6 oz protien shake

8 oz room temp water

4 oz hot creamy soup (11:30 am)

16 oz room temp water

6 oz protien shake

8 oz room temp water

2 oz brown rice, 2 oz creamy soup blended and hot (3:30pm)

8 oz room temp water

4 oz of blended creamy soup with veggies hot (6:30pm)

16 oz room temp water

I wait about 30-45 min between each item, except for the creamy soups I wait 60 minutes then drink again. Technically I went back to the creamy stage, but it's working so I think I will do this for awhile. Let me know if you all have other suggestions. Thanks for your input :D

Guest erinmohr

Well since we are on the topic...

I was banded a week ago today. On Friday i took some Tylenol and got very ill feeling, bloated and ended up throwing up. After that everything was fine until today at lunch. I had a fudgicle in the morning and at about noon i took my Tylenol again and the same thing happened. But now all afternoon i have not been able to get anything down. Every time i try i just throw it right back up and my stomach is just queazy. I have thrown up 3 times and now i am just scared to try again. Any idea what is wrong?

Hi Justinthyme...what is your situation? when were you banded? who did your surgery?

Hi Erin...are you taking liquid Tylenol? I am wondering if your body is not tolerating it. Another bandster had the same issue and she went for Naprison (sp?) instead, which has the same ingredietns but easier on the tummy. If you are not getting any liquids down, you should consult with your doctor and go forward from there. Hope this helps you.

Guest erinmohr

Yea i am going to stop the Tylenol. We don't have liquid stuff where i live... I found some Aspirin in powder form but i was told that is even harder on the stomach. I think i threw up 5-6 times, but i now seem to be able to keep my liquid yougurt down. I did call the OCC and i am still waiting to hear from a doc. There seems to be a new challenge everyday, can't wait 'till i have a clue about this all. Thanks for the help.

Hi Erin...are you taking liquid Tylenol? I am wondering if your body is not tolerating it. Another bandster had the same issue and she went for Naprison (sp?) instead, which has the same ingredietns but easier on the tummy. If you are not getting any liquids down, you should consult with your doctor and go forward from there. Hope this helps you.

Guest CaraMBA09
I am really tight in the morning and at dinner time, so who knows what's going on...I have a shake for breakfast, protein and veggies for lunch and try to get some protein in a dinner time, maybe a snack of something soft like pudding or fudgecicle.

If you are not getting alot of food and nutrients in, make sure you take your vitamins.

Take care!

I am with Cath

I am really tight in the morning and am only able to eat most soft proteins between noon-4...and only a protein shake at night. Kind of a bummer, but I do not want to get any taken out. I will just have to buy some protein bullets to make sure I am hitting my 100 g per day

It sounds like you have some stress going on OR the chick thing going on.

I ate to fast today and I knew that something was on its way to getting stuck. I dont like that feeling at all. Thank God it didnt get stuck. I eat those emzyme things I sure hope it passes. I dont ever want to feel anything like that again. UG and it didnt even get stuck all the way. Imagine if it did. GROSS Thanks for the enzymes Cara.

So, after being on liquids for 3 days, I had an Upper GI done and saw my band status. Nothing stuck, but very snug. So I continued on liquids working onto solids for 3 more days and then TADA...all better. I'm not sure what was going on? But it could have been anything: stress, menstrual cycle, not chewing properly? I know it wasn't an overfill because I had a fill in July which is way too long for that tightness feeling. As a matter of fact, before I began to get ill, I was thinking of getting another fill because it had been a long time. I was getting hungry at night, so I had thought about it but put it off. Either way, this reminder is allowing me to give myself more attention. Sometimes I get into the mode of things and feel everything is fine, but I need reminders to tell double check my actions.

In some other case, someone mentioned their band just closed up, without a cause? It's interesting to read others issues, but I appreciate the fact we learn from one another. In my case, I learned to make sure to take things nice and easy, slow down and take extra time for yourself. I even started using the baby spoon method and measuring my portions again. Things are pretty back to normal, as a matter of fact at night i am getting the hunger pangs even after I eat. So I eat a little more, at the point where I know that I shouldn't be eating. So I will being seeing a fill doctor.I am continuing my exercising and hydration and I will be seeing a fill doctor on the 19th.