Preop diet

Hi ! I need some advice from all you bandsters. I am having surgery Oct. 29 and still have to lose 4 lbs. I have lost 7 but these last 4 are a bugger. Will Dr. Ortiz not do the surgery if I have not lost all my preop weight ? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there, you can do it...4 lbs is not unattainable...drink more water, step up the exercise and cut out any diet cola.

I was not banded at the OCC, so I am not sure whether surgery can be cancelled if you don't lose the last 4 lbs..I have never seen it. Try not to stress out about it and focus on the goal!!

Good Luck with the weight loss and your surgery!

Hi there, you can do it...4 lbs is not unattainable...drink more water, step up the exercise and cut out any diet cola.

I was not banded at the OCC, so I am not sure whether surgery can be cancelled if you don't lose the last 4 lbs..I have never seen it. Try not to stress out about it and focus on the goal!!

Good Luck with the weight loss and your surgery!

Thanks for your advice. I notice on other posts how supportive you are to others. I appreciate that as I'm sure others do as well.

I didn't lose all mine (lost all but about 4) but I would still do your very best to lose as much as you can. The more you lose, I understand the easier your procedure and healing is. My guess is they will still do it, but again do like everyone said and keep up on the water and exercise and diet.

Best of luck!!!