In pain - What is ok with band

Can I take Ibuprophin (sp?) I take 800 mg and the pill is big. But I am in so much pain, I will find a way to get it down. I just want to make sure that this medication will not hurt my band. I heard somewhere it was a no no. I sure hope not. The only other thing I have is a vicodin and I am tempted to take that. I am very swollen from my cycle and I have bad ones and I can hardly walk. Please someone tell me what is safe. I just want to be sure.

Ibuprophen is fine but you must make sure it goes down. A better idea is go to the store and get Alieve. It is either naprosin or anaprox. Both are smaller pills and Alieve lasts 12 hours instead of 6. Motrin/ibuprophen should not sit in your esophagus and melt, it is corrosive. So smaller pills would be infinitely better. Also get a heating pad and take a hot shower to your abdomen.

Ibuprophen is fine but you must make sure it goes down. A better idea is go to the store and get Alieve. It is either naprosin or anaprox. Both are smaller pills and Alieve lasts 12 hours instead of 6. Motrin/ibuprophen should not sit in your esophagus and melt, it is corrosive. So smaller pills would be infinitely better. Also get a heating pad and take a hot shower to your abdomen.

Yeah, me and my husband take Naproxen (it is Aleve) only we buy it at Sams or Walmart , they are small pills and 1/3 of the price of Aleve.They also have liquid cherry Tylenol. May have some of the other pain relievers in liquid too.

Naproxen, ok I got it. I am going to run down to walgreens right now. I am desperate. I hope they have them in small pill. I am really upset. I am so used to just taking my meds. This is such a pain. Thank god I haven't had a fill yet. I am so swollen right now, I would be a mess. Thank you so much for responding. This really hurts.

Naproxen, ok I got it. I am going to run down to walgreens right now. I am desperate. I hope they have them in small pill. I am really upset. I am so used to just taking my meds. This is such a pain. Thank god I haven't had a fill yet. I am so swollen right now, I would be a mess. Thank you so much for responding. This really hurts.

Naproxen and Aleve are the same thing. My Dr. told me to save money and buy generic. So, if you see Naproxen just buy that. Unless you just want to spend money on the name Aleve. lol

cfuture88, you are doing so amazing, wow you look fab!!!

Keep it up girl!!!

They had Aleve on sale. WOW incredible. The phamacy told me to take two but not anymore than that for the next 12 hours. I wont need anymore than that. I took two and I feel so much better. You guys rock. What would I do without you guys. I swear having your cycle with the band is different for some reason. My whole body felt like it was swelled up. Maybe it is my imagination but I was hurting so bad. My swelling has went down and the cramping is almost gone. I am carrying this stuff on me FOREVER.. The pharmacy person told me I could talk the small Iburphfin tablets and take 4 to reach the 800 mg I take, but why do that, I dont want 4 pills hanging out there in my stomach. I dont want to do anything that could hurt my band. These two pills will last all day and desolved in no time. I can't thank you guys enough. Thank God for this site!!

When I went for my fill a week ago, I asked the doctor about taking ibuprofen 800mg tablets and she said it was fine. I have heard it is ok and I have heard it is not ok, so to tell the truth, I don't know forsure, but I have been taking them without any problems. I have never had it get stuck YET. I know, never say never!!! Good luck, glad u are feeling better Stormy.

Stormy,

If you have any liquid Children's Motrin for your son (I always have it for my 5-yr old in case of fever) you can see the adult dose on the bottle and take that. At least you won't have to worry about it getting stuck. Hope you feel better.

Good luck!

Denise

Stormy, it sound like you are feeling better by now. When you say swollen do you mean your band feels tight and you can't eat much. Or are you having period cramps and the rest of the wonderful symptoms that go with that? Just wondering. Glad this is happening this weekend for you( if it has to happen at all) so you'll be feeling great in 2 weeks.

Take care and let's talk soon, ok?