no difference after 1st fill

hey all! i had my 1st fill about 1 1/2 weeks ago... 1.3 in a 4cc band. he told me he figures i'll likely need a second one in 3-4 weeks because he does the gradual thing (no flouro). i am not really feeling much of anything. i haven't "tested" things because i have a feeling i could eat and eat and would never stop! so i just eat small portions because i know i have to. i definitely start to feel a bit of fullness earlier than i did before the band, but not to the point that i'd call it restriction.

so here's the thing... i'd love to book a second fill but i have read on here that sometimes it can take some time for a fill to "kick in". i don't want to waste time sitting around waiting but i also don't want to be in a too tight situation (i am a $300 flight away from any fill center and the option to head back after a few days for an unfill is not really appealing to my wallet).

how long does it usually take for that "kick in" point??

hey all! i had my 1st fill about 1 1/2 weeks ago... 1.3 in a 4cc band. he told me he figures i'll likely need a second one in 3-4 weeks because he does the gradual thing (no flouro). i am not really feeling much of anything. i haven't "tested" things because i have a feeling i could eat and eat and would never stop! so i just eat small portions because i know i have to. i definitely start to feel a bit of fullness earlier than i did before the band, but not to the point that i'd call it restriction.

so here's the thing... i'd love to book a second fill but i have read on here that sometimes it can take some time for a fill to "kick in". i don't want to waste time sitting around waiting but i also don't want to be in a too tight situation (i am a $300 flight away from any fill center and the option to head back after a few days for an unfill is not really appealing to my wallet).

I have this same problem. After my first fill of 2cc's in a 4cc band, I had very little to no restriction either. I had my first fill on Oct. 10th and I'm going for another one on Nov. 7th...the OCC wouldn't let me come back for another fill until after 4 weeks had passed. I'm hoping they'll give me at least .5 more cc's. I was curious about the "kick in" point as well...but from what I understand, it's totally different for everyone. I've noticed that most people don't hit that spot until the 3rd fill.

My first fill only lasted about 3 weeks, book a fill now for one month from your fill date. You can do it every 4 weeks...keep on top of it...and you will feel better and get the weight off quicker...that's my secret!! Good Luck!

I had my first fill and I only got 1cc at the OCC. I got some restricion and like you I was told to wait 4 weeks. Well I found a doctor 60 miles from my house and he put another cc in, no flouro so I havea total of 2cc. I cold feel it go thru the band it is so cool. I have very little restriction and Im at a stand still weight wise. I have more NSV, clothes are very loose. Well i called my fill doctor and since its been 6 weeks he said to come in and he will put another .5cc in. That might just do the trick for me.

I have this same problem. After my first fill of 2cc's in a 4cc band, I had very little to no restriction either. I had my first fill on Oct. 10th and I'm going for another one on Nov. 7th...the OCC wouldn't let me come back for another fill until after 4 weeks had passed. I'm hoping they'll give me at least .5 more cc's. I was curious about the "kick in" point as well...but from what I understand, it's totally different for everyone. I've noticed that most people don't hit that spot until the 3rd fill.

You sound like me, I had my first fill just over 2 weeks ago, 2 cc's in a 4 cc band. I am booked for a second fill on Nov. 6th. I am struggling with my eating for now, I hope the next fill helps.

I scheduled my first fill for Nov 7th and I was really nervous about it. But now that I read that sometimes you dont notice a difference, that helps me a bit. I am really nervous. I dont want to get it and not be able to eat anything that I have been, cause I have been doing so well. I eat now about two cups at a sitting and I am losing, so maybe if I felt it a little it would be ok, I just worry about going over board. We will see how it goes. I am very nervous.

Guest CaraMBA09
I scheduled my first fill for Nov 7th and I was really nervous about it. But now that I read that sometimes you dont notice a difference, that helps me a bit. I am really nervous. I dont want to get it and not be able to eat anything that I have been, cause I have been doing so well. I eat now about two cups at a sitting and I am losing, so maybe if I felt it a little it would be ok, I just worry about going over board. We will see how it goes. I am very nervous.

you got the band for a reason, dont be nervous!

I personally cannot wait!! my first fill is this thursday!