Dr. Ortiz wasn't exaggerating.

I'm just now getting to go through all of the posts...I sometimes have a difficult time navigating this site.

This one is awesome! I just hope I can do nearly as well as you all!

I didn't know you could chew and spit something out! Do you still retain some of the calories from that? I never thought of doing that...maybe I shouldn't even think about doing it! Once I taste it, I may not be able to hold myself back!

Guilty here too! I cooked a huge ham to make split pea soup for my soup phase. I couldn't stand it so I just chewed it. My husband was grossed out, but then after one bite I as fine. It was hard not to swallow it though!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, it's interesting to hear everyone's diets, and it helps because I'm just finishing up week 1 post-op. Most of you all have similar doctor's and similar diet progressions, but mine appears quite different. I had mine done by Southwest Bariatrics in Austin, TX, and I'm already very satisfied.

My pre-op diet was high-protein and low carbs, so basically a lot of eggs and tuna. Post-op it's 2 weeks of liquids, 1-2 weeks of pureed food (baby food and such), 1-2 weeks of soft foods (eggs, mashed potatoes, dry toast), and then onto regular foods.

Right now the liquids are starting to get to me. I basically down a couple of Slim-Fasts and a few cups of beef stock a day, and I'm getting really bored. In fact, when my family went to Pei Wei the other day, I sucked on a piece of my sister's chicken just to get a new flavor. And really, all I want to do is chew on something savory right about now. Any suggestions for the liquid phase? I suppose all those soups you're mentioning are on the pureed stage.

Hi Shelby...oh yes, the chewables are MUCH better...trust me!

Now when I was on the soup stage, I never really had a hard time until the last 2 days...knowing that I was to have to 'real' food within reaching point was very tempting...but I held ground and never cheated. I varied my items I can have...it helped me alot. I would have my yogurt first thing, then a shake, then I would have the soup...drank my choices of water, protein water, Special K20 water, and also Cyrstal Light varieties. Then come dinner time, I would have soup and then i treat myself with a fudgescile or popsicle. THE next day, I mixed it around...have the soup first thing, or have my dessert first before I had my soups, etc. Also, I didn't do alot of different kinds of soups either. I pretty much stuck with Cathy's simple Crm of Potato and Crm of Cheddar soups and mixed in some herbs and spices and then I did the same thing with the tomato soup.

I also took the Fiber Choice and Benefiber too...to keep it 'rotor rooter' clean! LOL

I must be looking in the wrong places I can not find special k20 water where do you buy it and you posted something about you buy at costco can you tell me what that is

thanks. I will get this information from you when I get back to my moms thanks