Port Replacement

I have been getting fills every 2 weeks since the middle of July and have no restriction at all. My surgery was Sept. 2007. I have had a port study done in September and they said all was good. But when I went back 2 weeks later I lost 2.4 CC out of band/port (had 7CC two weeks before). One month ago they put in 1 CC and when I went back yesterday there was nothing on my band and it has been hurting some at the port. Now they have decided to put in a new port next Friday (Nov 14) because it seems to be leaking. I am so happy because I was beginning to think it was all in my head. Maybe I can get back on track after this.

You've los 50 lbs in the last year- you were doing something right. Let us know how it is after you have the port replaced- and who's to say that the tubing isn't what is leaking- or the band itself. What is involved in a port study?? How do they test the tubing or band??? Let me know. Ellen

I have been getting fills every 2 weeks since the middle of July and have no restriction at all. My surgery was Sept. 2007. I have had a port study done in September and they said all was good. But when I went back 2 weeks later I lost 2.4 CC out of band/port (had 7CC two weeks before). One month ago they put in 1 CC and when I went back yesterday there was nothing on my band and it has been hurting some at the port. Now they have decided to put in a new port next Friday (Nov 14) because it seems to be leaking. I am so happy because I was beginning to think it was all in my head. Maybe I can get back on track after this.

When my doctor does the fills he first takes out whats in there to make sure that I had what he previously put in is still in there. Did youre doctor do that? If they did they should have noticed that something was wrong. I hope you get this taken care of so you can continue on this great journey. And keep us posted.

My surgery was done NE Texas. In my port study they had me drink the barium and then in the port they injected flouroscopic so they could any leakage under the xray. They could see any leakage, said it must have a very small leak.

When my doctor does the fills he first takes out whats in there to make sure that I had what he previously put in is still in there. Did youre doctor do that? If they did they should have noticed that something was wrong. I hope you get this taken care of so you can continue on this great journey. And keep us posted.

Yes my doctor takes it out first but it was only showing small amts to begin with. But when I waited a month for this last fill it was empty.

They will also cut into the same place as they did to in port to begin with. So thank goodness only one incision this time.