SO WHY AM I SO SAD

Yay! Our surgeries are scheduled on the same day! :) I hope we see each other. Your post made me really appreciate the support that I do have. My mom will be going with me to Mexico. My family that know about it have been really supportive, not to say that I haven't got my share of dropped jaws. We are doing this for us: our health, our self-esteem, and our body in general. I volunteer at a private school and as I was telling another teacher, her response cracked me up. She went crazy on me, lol. I just had to explain and basically tell her it was my choice and I KNOW it is the best decision I have ever made. I have kept a very low self-esteem bc of my weight, but something about knowing I have the chance to have the lap-band, knowing that we have great support on this forum, and everything else involving the band somehow is already helping my self-esteem. WE are strong girl! WE can do this. Good Luck! Way 2 Go! Let's do this together!!

-leah.

Oh how alone I felt back in August when I first wanted to have this surgery done and was told "no" by the husband. 3 months later, hubby dropped me off at the train station and made the journey by myself. The staff and other bandsters were all WONDERFUL at no point did I ever feel alone. I am currently in the Hotel Lucerna getting ready for another nap and will be getting up to meet some folks for chicken broth and apple juice. Tomorrow morning I will be back on the train to home as if nothing ever happened.

I told a few close people and one actually wanted me to cancel it the day I sent in a copy of my cashier's check which was a week before the surgery. I said absolutely not. I handed him Dr Ortiz's book. He was the first one I talked to right out of surgery, he called the clinic to see how I was doing and they told him I just got out and I can talk to him. He apologized for doubting me and was thankful that I gave him the book.

Stay strong. Keep coming to this forum. This forum gave me my strength when I was at my lowest points. You are not alone.

I congratulate you on making the desicion to have your surgery. I was banded on the 11th of November. I was having issues about a week before surgery. I am addicted to food. My problem was wether I was hungry or not I would eat if something looked good. I had to get to the bottom of this problem before going into surgery. So I bought a book. It is called "When Food is Love". It really helped. Basically it comes down to everyone has a reason of why they are overweight. This book really helps with overcoming whatever issue it is. It teaches you that you are worth being healthy and that there is love in many other situations (rather than a cheeseburger in front of you). Good luck and don't be scared. I am so happy I went through with it. I still love food but I know that am worth so much more than that.

Oh, my dear. It's been repeated here several times. you are NOT alone! I'm finding out that having the band is a lot more than losing weight. Look at you! You took a stand and trusted you judgment and what you know is right for you and you are going forward with it. That is HUGE! This is such a great thing you are doing for yourself on more than one level; wouldn't you say? And the rewards will be mor than weight loss, I think. But the weight loss will be fantastic! I'm behind you, girl!

You guys are GREAT i really love the support and i do not feel so alone now B)

The day i wrote the post i was really sad, fustrated and hungery......... Now i am just hungry... Your post and well wishes were great and the support was overwhelming. I wanted everyone to know i am fine and out of my rutt and i have lost enough weight before the surgery to fit in a smaller size pants. This makes me exceited on what is to come after surgery. Another thanks to all that supported me through my dark time and prayers to all. I look forward to posting after surgery.

Shana-lee :D