Anyone else affected by economy

stormy

I agree with everything you are saying. It is the small business owner who will be hit and that equals businesses going out of business and people losing jobs. Corporations won't suffer, they don't pay taxes anyway. The "corporate taxes" they pay are just passed on to the consumers.

I am enjoying the gas prices too! I filled up for $1.71 the other day. It cost me $16.50 to fill up!! A few weeks ago I was paying over $40 to fill up. HUGE difference!

Jena

Are you serious, Jena?? What do you drive? I drive a 2008 Impala and it cost me just short of $70.00 to fill up three days ago and that is with the lowered gas price. Ironically we are an oil and gas producing province no less! Never let it be said there are advantages close to home!

Jann

My best friend is from Canada and she has the same ideas of Americans as some of you. We are all the same. We are selfish and only care about the material things. She thinks I am the only exception. I am not. I REALLY hate politics so I will not get into them BUT, please be careful of the way you group "Americans" together. THe media has misrepresented most of us and it very bothersome, and a bit insulting. Thanks

Perhaps because I view all North Americans as Americans I didn't perceive it as anything other than a general statement. Alberta happens to be the most US inclined of all of the provinces following much of the US's business models.

Wait a sec, Kensgirl resides in TEXAS. Isn't that in the USA?

Just saying...

Jann

Actually this thread was not about politics at all. It was about the sadness felt for the way things have become. But some people who stated that remaining positive is exactly right. We do have to try to remain positive that this will change. I have never been through a bad ecomony. Most of my life has been working and being able to make ends meet. I think this will be tough on everyone. I think that it is important to remember the people who can not provide for their families in this hard time. Look at how lucky we are that we can and do what we can to help those who can't. This is why I love my job, because I can honestly help someone in need. It makes me look at my life in a whole new way. The little things I worry about, like whether I can afford to get my band tightened and then I laugh, like that is going to kill me or something. Knowing me, I will find a way. I just sold something on craigslist, that is my band money. We bandsters, we stick together. Support eachother anyway that we can. That is what I love about this site. We all have to this to go through, but what I saw at the Portland Reunion was some wonderful people with bright shining smiles. It made me so happy just to be a part of this, no matter how poor I become. There are wonderful people out there, that I had never met before and without this site and being able to express concern for our futures and the positive of what we truely have. How would we ever know eachother. You guys rock. And from me, whatever I can do to support you all, I am here. Thanks again.

Are you serious, Jena?? What do you drive? I drive a 2008 Impala and it cost me just short of $70.00 to fill up three days ago and that is with the lowered gas price. Ironically we are an oil and gas producing province no less! Never let it be said there are advantages close to home!

Jann

Hahahah! I drive a 2007 Miata with a gas tank that holds a whopping 10 gallons. Considering it gets about 31 mpg, I have to fill up about once every 5 days or so.

Gas in Atlanta is now between $1.65 and $1.75.

Actually this thread was not about politics at all. It was about the sadness felt for the way things have become. But some people who stated that remaining positive is exactly right. We do have to try to remain positive that this will change. I have never been through a bad ecomony. Most of my life has been working and being able to make ends meet. I think this will be tough on everyone. I think that it is important to remember the people who can not provide for their families in this hard time. Look at how lucky we are that we can and do what we can to help those who can't. This is why I love my job, because I can honestly help someone in need. It makes me look at my life in a whole new way. The little things I worry about, like whether I can afford to get my band tightened and then I laugh, like that is going to kill me or something. Knowing me, I will find a way. I just sold something on craigslist, that is my band money. We bandsters, we stick together. Support eachother anyway that we can. That is what I love about this site. We all have to this to go through, but what I saw at the Portland Reunion was some wonderful people with bright shining smiles. It made me so happy just to be a part of this, no matter how poor I become. There are wonderful people out there, that I had never met before and without this site and being able to express concern for our futures and the positive of what we truely have. How would we ever know eachother. You guys rock. And from me, whatever I can do to support you all, I am here. Thanks again.

Stormy, you know this is just a great post. It’s so true and from the heart, focused on what has meaning. Thank you for putting things into perspective for me.

Lisa