support group

Guest erinmohr
The bariatric clinic I'm using insists on my attendance at a support group 1x a month. They told me if I don't want to go that I could use the internet. Is this a good site to use as a support group?

I have found it to be very helpful.

The bariatric clinic I'm using insists on my attendance at a support group 1x a month. They told me if I don't want to go that I could use the internet. Is this a good site to use as a support group?

If you have access to a support group of peers that are going through the same trials and tribulations as you, why WOULDN'T you want to do it?

I have found this board to be a great asset as I go through my journey, but wish I could actually talk one on one with other people going through the same experiences. If you have that as an option, I would highly recommend it.

Taz

If you have access to a support group of peers that are going through the same trials and tribulations as you, why WOULDN'T you want to do it?

I have found this board to be a great asset as I go through my journey, but wish I could actually talk one on one with other people going through the same experiences. If you have that as an option, I would highly recommend it.

Taz

I can actually relate to Navygirl. I have an opportunity to be part of a support group but I know a lot of the people who go and don't feel like I can be 'myself' like I can through this forum. I prefer to stay anonymous and yet be honest and truthful about my feelings, what I am experiencing etc. Just my .02 cents.

I can actually relate to Navygirl. I have an opportunity to be part of a support group but I know a lot of the people who go and don't feel like I can be 'myself' like I can through this forum. I prefer to stay anonymous and yet be honest and truthful about my feelings, what I am experiencing etc. Just my .02 cents.

Good point! I wouldn't be true to myself, if I had to 'hide' something. This forum made me be so true and honest with what I am doing, I find I can really 'talk' to you all.

I agree with CindyLou, I would do both.

Meeting up with the group in Portland was so much fun. It was great to finally be able to meet people face to face and talk. The bonding was strong because you could have immediate back and forth discussions.

Try both and if you don’t like something you can focus on the one that benefits you the most.

Best,

Lisa

I wish there was a support group in my area, I'd join. I tried to get interest in one by posting elsewhere but no responses.

Considering joining if you can.

Support groups are very important, at least I think they are. I have attended my share. I am not sure I would go to one here in town. I kinda like being "stormy" and not being out there. For me, if I were to go to a group, it makes me nervous because I dont want to run into my clients. Although, I have not met a client yet who has had this done. But when I attended my divorce recovery group, I ran into one there and it was very uncomfortable. I loved seeing everyone at the Portland get together but the reality is, no one really knows me. My job is very hard and it gets in the way of my time with friends. I have to be very careful who I associate with because if they end up being a client, then the friendship has to end. It is very hard. If you can find a good support group, I would say go for it!