first adjustment

I get my first adjustment on the 22nd and I'm kind of nervous. What should I expect? Will I feel it when he fills the port? Will I swell up again? HELP??!!! :lol:

My first fill was ok. I got it at the OCC under fluro and didn't even feel the needle. However, when he squirted the saline in the band, I did feel a slight burning sensation up around the band (chest area) but it wasn't bad at all. No reason to be nervous at all. You will get alittle swollen after the fill and that is why you go back on a liquid diet for a few days afterwards. I just had my 7th fill (up to 10cc's now) but that is highly unusual and only because I have the larger VG band. And they don't bother me a bit. Try not to be nervous, there is no reason to be and if you tense up, then the shot might hurt, so RELAX!!! All will be fine.

Mona's right, nothing to be nervous about, Where are you having it done? If you are having it with fluoro let us know and I'll explain a little about that for you. I had my 1st at the OCC as well and didn't even feel the needle, I am a huge wimp and was shocked at how quick and easy the procedure is.

I just had my first fill done yesterday (Dec 4, 2008) I was VERY nervous all day. I didnt go in til 3 but thats ok. I got there, the nurse talked to me about what was going to happen, and made me laugh. There was nothing to worry about. I get in the room and see the big machine.. It was cool to see the stuff go down. LOL, I even saw my small intestines!!! LOL sorry I had to add that in... The nurse practitioner (I think I spelled that right) was the one that did it, and he talked to me throughout the whole thing. Told me he put 6cc's in a 10cc band!!! I have GREAT restriciton now. There is nothing to worry about!