PLEASE RESPOND

Hi, I'm SheRee. I've posted a few times but nobody responds. I'm new and maybe I don't know what I'm doing. I have surgery scheduled for DEcember 29th and I'm starting to get nervous. Just say hi and good luck or something so I know people are out there.

SheRee

Hi, I'm SheRee. I've posted a few times but nobody responds. I'm new and maybe I don't know what I'm doing. I have surgery scheduled for DEcember 29th and I'm starting to get nervous. Just say hi and good luck or something so I know people are out there.

SheRee

Good Luck! Don't take it personally--I've posted a few times too where nobody has responded. Nerves are normal, but I felt silly afterward, my parents told me that I was only in the operating room for 20 minutes.

SheRee

Hi SheRee...first off, if you posted over the weekend, it gets real slow here as most people are not on.

CONGRATS on your decision! You will NOT regret it. Which preop are you on? I was on the diet option 2, protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and you can do a lean cuisine for dinner. I don't like frozen dinner entres, so I did salads and deli meats and hard boiled eggs and cheese to get in my proteins.

Are you going to OCC in TJ for your surgery? Keep us posted on your progress and will thinking positive thoughts for you. What a GREAT new year present for yourself! WTG!!

Hi SheRee...first off, if you posted over the weekend, it gets real slow here as most people are not on.

CONGRATS on your decision! You will NOT regret it. Which preop are you on? I was on the diet option 2, protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and you can do a lean cuisine for dinner. I don't like frozen dinner entres, so I did salads and deli meats and hard boiled eggs and cheese to get in my proteins.

Are you going to OCC in TJ for your surgery? Keep us posted on your progress and will thinking positive thoughts for you. What a GREAT new year present for yourself! WTG!!

OCC in TJ. I'll have DR. Martinez. I haven't started pro-op diet yet but will in about a week. Thanks fro responding. I think I was jsut anxious to hear from somebody. You are a big inspiration.

OCC in TJ. I'll have DR. Martinez. I haven't started pro-op diet yet but will in about a week. Thanks fro responding. I think I was jsut anxious to hear from somebody. You are a big inspiration.

Sweetheart, you will do just fine. Don't sweat on this, in fact, the surgery is the EASIEST part of being banded! Yep, it took me 19 minutes for the band and 10 minutes for fixing my hiatal hernia. I started walking the gas out just 20 minutes from me waking up from recovery...it's all good and you will be taken well good care of! The staff there are phenomenal!!! (Oh, enjoy those wonderful Otter Pops - yummy for the tummy!!!)

Any questions or concerns you may have, come on here and people will respond...just you are hitting the holiday season and people are most likely getting ready for traveling and shopping for gifts, etc. Be patient...will are here!

Good Luck!

SheRee

HI

you won't want to leave the OCC...they are awesome and treat you like GOLD!! what a great way to start 2009!!

SheRee,

I thought I responded to one of your posts. Perhaps it's lost in cyberland. Umph!

I just got back from TJ on Saturday. I had a wonderful experience. And, I'm doing really well. The OCC is wonderful. The staff, nurses and doctors are amazing and some of the best that I've ever experienced. You'll do great! Keep us posted and keep asking questions.

Kristy

It looks like two people responded to your Just Scheduled post yesterday. No one has yet responded to your Porterville, CA post probably because you were asking for a response from people meeting a specific criteria which no one meets right now. If you're having trouble viewing the replies to your other post let me know and I'm happy to walk you through it.

SheRee,

I thought I responded to one of your posts. Perhaps it's lost in cyberland. Umph!

I just got back from TJ on Saturday. I had a wonderful experience. And, I'm doing really well. The OCC is wonderful. The staff, nurses and doctors are amazing and some of the best that I've ever experienced. You'll do great! Keep us posted and keep asking questions.

Kristy

T

Thank you sooo much. I'm getting excited. I've followed your posts from the beginning. I'm proud of you. Funny how you kinda feel a bond we people out in cyberland just cuz they have the same operation. Fun though, and i need this site.

Best wishes!

SheRee

It looks like two people responded to your Just Scheduled post yesterday. No one has yet responded to your Porterville, CA post probably because you were asking for a response from people meeting a specific criteria which no one meets right now. If you're having trouble viewing the replies to your other post let me know and I'm happy to walk you through it.

That is cool Clynn that you can assist! thanks!

What worked for me, I suppressed all anxiety, and accepted two facts:

1. I was going to sleep for a bit

2. I was going to wake up slightly sore.

Apparently I'm sensitive to the anesthetization, I slipped in and out of a nap for a while after surgery, and had to be reminded a couple times to breathe. Not to alarm you, all people are different after all.

I had a lot of questions, but by the time I was headed to OCC I wasn't nervous at all and was ready to rock! The reason why is because I spent hours in this forum just reading past posts. I encourage all the folks that are considering or have just had their surgery to do that. It makes a world of difference! I've noticed quite a few folks aren't doing that and are asking questions that were discussed just a few days ago. So make sure and read up a lot. I even got a notebook and started taking notes on everything I would need, things to expect, etc...But of course if you have questions be sure and ask them in there. There is a lot of experience in here. But if you read up in here it will ease much of your nervousness!

It's normal to be nervous and have lots of emotions running through you. I almost canceled my appointment because of how nervous I was, but now 84 pounds lighter it's the best decision I ever made for myself. :rolleyes:

I'm soon to be a bandster. I was figuring out your weight loss and it is fantastic! May I ask you, what you ate or eat to have such a great weight loss? So you actually stay around the 1200 calorie mark or do you eat a lot less when it comes to calories? When I was just dieting non-pre-op. I always went for 900 - 1000. I am really curious. Thanks Anne

SheRee

i know it seems hard to hear someone say dont worry! Anytime you say TJ and surgery in same sentence it make people worry. I was banded on 11/28/2008 and it was everyone on this site that did a great job in easing my fears prior to surgery. I tell you in the back of my mind i though oh lord what have i gotten myself into. But...... From the moment my plane touched down the service was amazing. From all the information i learn on this site i seemed very educated to the common bander. Everything that i was told would happen did. I personally had no surprises. I was and am so greatfull to the support that people on this site gave me, if you read and listen you should have no surprises. The staff and nurses and other banders great. There is some pain and discomfort, but i am a wimp. Try to relax, focus on your pre-diet and keep up this support on this site, your are on your way to a new you.

Shana-Lee