A roll call... of sorts?

1. Name: Shelby

2. Location: Kansas City, MO

3. Age:33

4. Band Date: October 23rd, 2008

5. Married: nope, haven't found a man that is good enough yet! :)

6. Children of the human or furry kind: want lots of dogs, but I work too much. My brother lives with me and he has a German Shepard mix named KC

7. Hobby(ies): Sports (watching, not playing) and spoiling my niece

8. Work: College Administrator

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: Was just sick and tired of being sick and tired! So I started doing research and found it was right for me. I've been a yo yo dieter since I was in high school, so now i'm ready to knock it for good!

10. Interesting factoid: I'm scared to walk on those grates on sidewalks. I have this fear of falling in.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Rhonda

Band date: December 26th, 2008 ( ugg, but a great gift to myself)

Married: separated (but working on it)

Children, furry and human: 3 boys 17,12,12, and three American Eskimos, Mommy( Angel) daddy(Alfie) and baby(Ally)

Hobbies: singing (for a southern gospel group), movies, BMX racing mom.

Work: Dentist

What was my deciding factor: Just tried the last weight loss scheme meant for those that don't want surgery, lost 50 lbs and then gained it all back within a year. Now that is depressing.....hoping that this will be the answer.

Interesting factoid: Pulled the last tooth on a 100 year old woman up in the mountains for Taiwan, that hadn't seen a white woman before.

1.`Name = Catherine

2. Location = Laguna Beach, CA

3. Age = 51

4. Band Date = Turkey Bander (Day after Thanksgiving)

5. Married = Yes 20 years in March

6. Children = Yep, one 15 year on son, one Maltese, 2 indoor cats and 2 cats outside who adopted me.

7. Hobbies = Making jewelry, painting, reading, traveling

8. Work = Own a business with my husband. (25 years!!!(

9. Deciding Factor = Two bulging back disks, rotten knees and my son asking me if I was obese!

10, Interesting factoid = Born in England, lived here for 30 years, lived in South Africa, Germany and kiss the ground like the Pope every time I return to the US~!

1. Name: April

2. Location:Yakima, Washington

3. Age:30

4. Band Date:11/11/08

5. Married:to my handsome hubby corey (just had our first anniversary in October)

6. Children of the human or furry kind:Two human kind! Both boys- 23 months and 9 months

7. Hobby(ies):Scrapbooking, Bowling

8. Work: Stay at home mommy

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded:My children and I hated seeing what was looking back at me in the mirror.

10. Interesting factoid: I was very close to bowling a perfect game and an 800 series (any bowlers out there)

1. Name: PAM

2. Location: AUBURN, WA

3. Age: 48

4. Band Date: AUG 17, 2006

5. Married: 26 YEARS NOW GEEZ LOL, HUBBY JUST RETIRED FROM THE AIRLINES BUT WE STILL GET THE BENNIES :)

6. Children of the human or furry kind: DAUGHTER 24 LIVES IN SAN DIEGO, SON 22 GRADUATES FROM COLLEGE THIS SATURDAY :) THEN MOVING BACK HOME WOO HOO!!! AND WE'VE GOT

MR DUKE, OUR 1/2 YORKIE 1/2 CHIHUAHUA PUPPY

7. Hobby(ies): LAUGHING, I LOVE TO LAUGH :)

8. Work: SCHOOL BUS DRIVER, I DRIVE SPECIAL NEED ADULTS AROUND TOWN, SHOPPING, TO THE JR COLLEGE, LUNCH, JOBS ETC

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: THINKING AFTER A SIZE 14 WHERE DO I GO SHOPPING AFTER THIS FOR CLOTHES?

10. Interesting factoid: I EAT POPCORN WITH A SPOON AND LOVE SPENDING TIME WITH MY FRIENDS

Guest CaraMBA09

1. Name: Cara

2. Location: NW Washington

3. Age: 30-something - told I look 27...:)

4. Band Date: 9-15-08

5. Married: Yes, for almost 12 Years - and he is still alive...LOL

6. Children of the human or furry kind: both. Daughter - 12 going on 16, Son - 6, Son - 1.5 years and Three Siamese Cats

7. Hobby(ies): Reading, baking, relearning my love for running, Shoes and Fashion

8. Work: Buyer

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: Mother dying at 61 and very sick of fighting my weight for the past 10 years

10. Interesting factoid: From age 15-18 did print ads for the Bon Marche and then moved to New York...it taught me to trust my instinct and say it like it is (but as Mona says...I am a bit of a goofball...LOL).

I throw amazing parties and I love hanging out with friends!

1. Name: Kim aka Stormy

2. Location: Portland, Oregon

3. Age: 41

4. Band Date:09/19/08

5. Married: Yes, 11 years and he is still alive. He even got banded with me, what a great guy.

6. Children of the human or furry kind: One son and three dogs

7. Hobby(ies): Computers, ATV's Horseback riding (when I get thin enough to get back on) Poetry

8. Work: Case Manager

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: I am fat and tired of being unhealthy

10. Interesting factoid: I am the most honest person you will ever meet, sometimes too honest. If you aske me if that dress makes you look fat, be ready for me to tell you "ya it does".

I love Law and Order shows and shows where people are caught in the act of doing something stupid. I drive way to fast and it is a mirable that I am still alive with all the stupid things I have done. Thank God for Miracles. I still beleive that something good is going to happen, that life has a great purpose, maybe I will will the lotto, maybe I better start playing. HA!

1. Name:Cindy Clark

2. Location:Bend, Oregon (the sunny part of Or...yes, there is one)

3. Age:47

4. Band Date: 12/12/08...TOMORROW!!!!

5. Married: At one time

6. Children of the human or furry kind: Two grown boys ....I live alone with my lab mut "Harley"

7. Hobby(ies):Travel

8. Work: I own a hotel amenities company (the little shampoos and soaps)

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: I've gained 50 pounds in 3 years

10. Interesting factoid: I'm a car nut....I own a restored 66 mustang convertable and a 03 Dyna Low Rider (Harley Davidson)

1. Name:Joanne

2. Location:Red Deer, Alberta (Canada)

3. Age:31

4. Band Date: 10/22/08

5. Married: Nope

6. Children of the human or furry kind: Two dogs, Ginny is 4 and Chewy is 1

7. Hobby(ies):Movies, reading, Vegas!!

8. Work: Office manager for a landscaping company

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: I have been heavy all my life and I can lose the weight, it just comes back plus every time. I needed a little help with that part.

10. Interesting factoid: I love Vegas!! I have been (and going again) there 3 times in the last three years!! Whoooo...shopping for when I am skinny!! I can't wait.

1. Name: Jessica

2. Location: Utah

3. Age: 37

4. Band Date:10/10/08

5. Married: Yes, 13 years to my best friend.

6. Children of the human or furry kind: Two sons (ages 8 and 5) and one crazy dog named Max

7. Hobby(ies): My Mac laptop, digital scrapbooking, Photoshop, photography, taking my kids on adventures, travel

8. Work: SAHM

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: I could lose weight but never keep it off. The yo-yo dieting was so unhealthy for me.

10. Interesting factoid: Even though she's not 'cool', my favorite singer is Olivia Newton-John. Love her voice.

1. Name: Jennifer

2. Location: Huntington Beach, CA

3. Age: 26

4. Band Date: January 2, 2009

5. Married: Not yet...but in a LTR

6. Children of the human or furry kind: Just 3 Betta Fish for now

7. Hobby(ies): Playing softball, bowling, Line Dancing

8. Work: Administration, I think desk jobs got me to this point, no activity!

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: My mother and 3 of my aunts on both sides of the

family have had gastric bypass, I have reached the 200lb mark and would like this surgery to get me down to a healthy weight and lifestyle before it gets more out of hand.

10. Interesting factoid: I am a senior in college and going to be the first member of either side of my large family to graduate college in 32 years, the last two were my mom and dad. :D

1. Name: Fabi

2. Location: South Florida

3. Age:26

4. Band Date: 03/16/09

5. Married: 6 yrs

6. Children of the human or furry kind: 4 kids Jocy (10), AJ (8), Jaylan (3) and Jesse (1)

7. Hobby(ies):playing bingo :P

8. Work: MA

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: Tired of being so big and not having energy to play with my kids and ofcouse health I would like to live long enought to see some grandkids some day.

Guest CaraMBA09
1. Name: Jessica

2. Location: Utah

3. Age: 37

4. Band Date:10/10/08

5. Married: Yes, 13 years to my best friend.

6. Children of the human or furry kind: Two sons (ages 8 and 5) and one crazy dog named Max

7. Hobby(ies): My Mac laptop, digital scrapbooking, Photoshop, photography, taking my kids on adventures, travel

8. Work: SAHM

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: I could lose weight but never keep it off. The yo-yo dieting was so unhealthy for me.

10. Interesting factoid: Even though she's not 'cool', my favorite singer is Olivia Newton-John. Love her voice.

I LOOOOVE Olivia Newton John...Remember Xanadu?

LOL I have the album!...LOL

Guest CaraMBA09
1. Name: Jennifer

2. Location: Huntington Beach, CA

4. Band Date: January 2, 2009

5. Married: Not yet...but in a LTR

6. Children of the human or furry kind: Just 3 Betta Fish for now

7. Hobby(ies): Playing softball, bowling, Line Dancing

8. Work: Administration, I think desk jobs got me to this point, no activity!

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: My mother and 3 of my aunts on both sides of the

family have had gastric bypass, I have reached the 200lb mark and would like this surgery to get me down to a healthy weight and lifestyle before it gets more out of hand.

10. Interesting factoid: I am a senior in college and going to be the first member of either side of my large family to graduate college in 32 years, the last two were my mom and dad. :D

YOU go girl!

I am the first person to get my Masters in my family...you can only look up from here and just remember all the hard work will pay off. Stick with it and then get the Masters going....:)

1. Name: Margaret

2. Location: Cottonwood AZ

3. Age: 38

4. Band Date: 09/12/2008

5. Married: Yes 20 yrs to the love of my life

6. Children of the human or furry kind: 6 children

7. Hobby(ies): Travel and not much time for hobbies. I love Bingo

8. Work: Family support (social work)

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: My mother getting stuck in a movie theater chair

10. Interesting factoid I love reality TV

1. Name: Tanya

2. Location: Kansas

3. Age: 41

4. Band Date: 4-3-2008

5. Married: Not yet, getting married for the 2nd time April 4th, 2009

6. Children of the human or furry kind: 3 kids that I have raised on my own for the past 9 years, Jessica 19, Jonathan 17, Joanna 13

7. Hobby(ies): Gardening, and watching my man race

8. Work: Work in a busy doctors office, I am an LPN

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: When I stepped on the scale Oct. 2007 and realized something had to be done!

10. Interesting factoid: I am stubborn!!

Hey Guys! What a fun post!

1. Name: Carrie

2. Location: East Texas

3. Age: 32

4. Band Date: 11-14-08

5. Married: Yes, to a wonderful Man! He watches Life Time with me..lol :D

6. Children of the human or furry kind: One son that is 13 and two step sons, 11 and 7.

7. Hobby(ies): Besides work, We love riding 4 wheelers and watching movies together!

8. Work: Office Administrator

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: I was getting my hair done and my hair dresser was talking about lapband. Found out how much it would cost, researched for about 2 months and found Dr. O, booked two weeks later.

10. Interesting fact: My husband and I got married at the exact spot where we first met at, 7 years later and it was his idea...aww still make me wanna cry!

1. Name: Dawnie

2. Location: Knoxvegas, TN

3. Age: 46

4. Band Date: April 2008

5. Married: Yes

6. Children of the human or furry kind: 2 sons (24 and 17); 1 daughter (20); a step son and two step daughters; and a westie who answers to the name of "Willy". I'll be a grandma (oma) in April 2009.

7. Hobby(ies): Surfing the net, making jewelry, digital photography, rubberstamping, entertaining, and bowling

8. Work: Paralegal

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: I was dying inside

10. Interesting factoid: I am not in the Christmas spirit this year but don't tell Santa!

1. Name: Bill

2. Location: SC

3. Age: 21 (hehehe)

4. Band Date: April 8 2008

5. Married: Yes since "Every Breath You Take" was the #1 song in America, and John Belushi was still alive on Saturday Night Live.

6. Children: 2 sons (24 and 15); 1 daughter added in August when she married the oldest one.

7. Hobbies: Cooking, Sports (playing and watching), about 1000 others

8. Work: Physics Teacher (working on my doctorate now)

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: I realized why I always chose to take the photographs at events

10. Interesting factoid: I've been to the wreck site of the Titanic twice, and Dawnie and Ute (Willi) love to harass me unmercifully. I give it back to them, though. :D

I wonder how many kiddies out there even REMEMBER John Belushi on Saturday Night Live?

and for CaraMBA... I went to SEE Xanadu in the movie theater.... she was SO hot... makes me almost want to go back to a disco... LOL

1.Name: Linda

2.Location: Washington now/lived in Oklahoma 10 years/ born in Portland Oregon

3.Age: 47 (until January 19th)

4. Band Date: May 14th 2008

5. Married: Yes (second time around)

6. Children of the human or furry kind: 2 boys, 3 stepdaughters, soon 1 grandson, 2 dogs, 10 saltwater fish. (all kids are moved out, now if the dogs would just leave!!)

7. Hobby(ies): gardening, playing darts, DANCING DANCING DANCING

8. Work: Bartending, I work at the Kiniski's Reef Tavern, (Canadias Greatest Athlete) I get paid to watch the sunset over the ocean everynight!

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: My son was banded in Jan. 08, he lost over 100 lbs. and was my inspiration!

10. Interesting factoid: I love to moon and flash people when I drink. (my husband hates that about me!)

What a fun post guys - I feel like I know so much more about everyone now! In the spirit of divulging, here ya go:

1. Name: Amber

2. Location: Arkadelphia, AR (kinda near Little Rock, for those of you saying, "huh!?")

3. Age: 30

4. Band Date: May 15th, 2008

5. Married: For 8 years as of TODAY to a stellar man

6. Children of the human or furry kind: 2 doggie girls - Piper and Zoey

7. Hobby(ies): reading, board games, movies (comedies, action/adventure, fantasy), working on my M.S. in Counseling, and hanging out w/ friends/family

8. Work: College Recruiter, which I love

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: being 29 and having Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome so badly I wasn't even having periods any more at all and wanting to start a family with my hubby

10. Interesting factoid: I used to be a plus-size model (at about a size 18) if you can believe that, I love really good teeth, and even as fat as I am, I can still bench press 175 lbs.

:)

1. Name: SaLena

2. Location: IL

3. Age:31

4. Band Date:11/20/08

5. Married: yes, recently 8/8/8

6. Children of the human or furry kind: 2 humans 1yr old son and 3 yr old daughter

7. Hobby(ies): Reading, working, loving my children & hubby trying to add excersize

8. Work: Product manager for 15 yrs

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: i have buried too many people in my life to not be here for my own children.

10. Interesting factoid: before children I used to race stock cars, work in a biker bar part time and I can't wait to get a full calf tattoo - all while wearing a suit to work every day :)

1. Name: sha, said like shaw

2. Location: south korea

3. Age: 32

4. Band Date: aiming for may 2009 maybe?

5. Married: yup.

6. Children of the human or furry kind: nope.

7. Hobby(ies): internet surfing

8. Work: esl teacher

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: bah, it's just time!

10. Interesting factoid: im totally gay for jean grae, she's the number 1 emcee in the world.

Guest erinmohr

1. Name: Erin

2. Location: Yellowknife, NT, Canada

3. Age: 27

4. Band Date: Oct 27/08

5. Married: No

6. Children of the human or furry kind: 2 dogs - Molly (snoodle) 6yrs, Bogger (husky) 3yrs

7. Hobby(ies): reading, traveling

8. Work: Graphic Designer

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: Was in a slump for a long time, just needed to do something

10. Interesting factoid: Cannot think of anything...

I feel a little vulnerable, but here I go:

1. Name: Amber

2. Location: Sioux Falls, SD

4. Band Date: planning March 2009

5. Married: yes

6. Children of the human or furry kind: fur-less cat, KittenBoots, 1-year

7. Hobby(ies): Homework, reading for school, and homework

8. Work: PT CSR (I get to work at home :P ) & FT Student

9. What was the deciding factor(s) on getting banded: The Rx diet pills stopped working (I gained weight last time), I have ripped the majority of PJ bottoms in the thigh regions, the couch cushions are flat like pancakes, and were it not for my birth-control, I'd swear I were pregnant!

10. Interesting factoid: I am double majoring in Government/International Affairs and Business Admin, but I'm not boring :pilot: