first fill

Ok, got my first fill Monday. Doc put in 1.5 cc but told me there was already 4.5 in there. I throw up pretty frequently now so I do know it's filled. I don't drink anything before or during my meal. I wait for about 1 hour after the meal before I have something to drink. My problem is I can feel the liquid push things through the band. Does that mean it's not tight enough?

Ok, got my first fill Monday. Doc put in 1.5 cc but told me there was already 4.5 in there. I throw up pretty frequently now so I do know it's filled. I don't drink anything before or during my meal. I wait for about 1 hour after the meal before I have something to drink. My problem is I can feel the liquid push things through the band. Does that mean it's not tight enough?

I'm confused, because when the band is put on there is nothing in it. Do you have a 10cc band....maybe they are different?

One thing is for sure. You should hardley EVER be throwing up unless your are sick. I would call your Dr. (OCC?) asap regarding the throwing up. It could damage your band. Hope you feel better. :)

My doc asked me about the restriction I felt before he did the fill because he said he put 4.5 cc in there during the surgery. I asked him what size the band was and he said there were only 2 sizes standard and large and that mine was standard. I've been unable to find out how big a standard band is.

As of today I can eat as long as I take it very slowly. But because of all the posts I've read here about being able to eat bread I suspect it's not filled enough because I can eat bread just fine.