Weight after surgery

Hey

So I was banded on Thursday, Jan 8th around 11am. I have not had any solid food since Wednesday around 5pm (PB Crackers) - I've been on the liquid diet since banding - its now Sunday evening....

My weight at surgery was 235. My weight this morning was 237. How did i gain 2 pounds after not eating for days?

I am hoping this is just some of the gas, water retention, etc...

Anyone else experience this?

Don't worry Christy. It's just fluid retention from surgery. I gained 7 lbs from the day I left to when I returned home and I was on fluids for 3 of those days. It will come off (and more) in just a few days.

Congratulations of getting your band.

Denise

Ditto...it will come back off. After surgery you hold a lot of water and gas. I didn't get on the scale for a bit after coming home because I knew it would be up. I know it's hard, but try to stay away from the scale for a bit and once you are on it take it with a grain of salt. Since going on solids i've only lost like 3lbs. But everyone is different though.

Hey

So I was banded on Thursday, Jan 8th around 11am. I have not had any solid food since Wednesday around 5pm (PB Crackers) - I've been on the liquid diet since banding - its now Sunday evening....

My weight at surgery was 235. My weight this morning was 237. How did i gain 2 pounds after not eating for days?

I am hoping this is just some of the gas, water retention, etc...

Anyone else experience this?

I got banded last week, too, and have gained 3.5 lbs. since surgery. I'm totally following the program of drinking clear liquids and am taking solace in the posts that counsel patience. But, still, it's a bummer. Hang in there! Let us know when the weight starts to drop!

Hi Christy

I know its hard but the weight will come off. Also all the soups and broths are high in sodium

which doesn't help. Try not to weigh all the time in the beginning either as it can be disappointing.

I never beleived I could lose 90lbs in 11months ,but each lb adds up.

Good luck