Question about bringing a child to the OCC

Ok, so I just scheduled my first fill for Feb 20th, and I was going to bring my 11 yr old daughter with me, because she wants to see TJ, and also we are going to go to Sea World after. Is the OCC going to be ok with me bringing her? She's old enough to sit in the lobby while I go in and get my fill, so that's not a problem. I just want to be sure.

Ok, so I just scheduled my first fill for Feb 20th, and I was going to bring my 11 yr old daughter with me, because she wants to see TJ, and also we are going to go to Sea World after. Is the OCC going to be ok with me bringing her? She's old enough to sit in the lobby while I go in and get my fill, so that's not a problem. I just want to be sure.

Hey ckicki,

I don't see why not. I think it would be ok since your in a private place just ask the receptionist to watch her while you go back. Just make sure you have a birth certificate and a note from her father saying you can take her out of country also you need a picture ID of her also. This is what I have been told if I were to take my child or children out of country. Cause without proper ID of her you may not be able to get her back across the border. If you don't have a note from her father they most likely will think your trying to take her or kidnapp her. Cause border patrol will not take anything lightly.

Carolyn

Dane(husband) banded - Dr. Martinez - 12/30/2008- OCC

Just find out ahead of time if she can stay the night at the OCC. If not you can be released to the hotel the night of the surgery instead of staying at the OCC. They wouldn't let any spouses or friends stay at the OCC but did tell us we could go early to the hotel.

I don't see why not. I think it would be ok since your in a private place just ask the receptionist to watch her while you go back. Just make sure you have a birth certificate and a note from her father saying you can take her out of country also you need a picture ID of her also. This is what I have been told if I were to take my child or children out of country. Cause without proper ID of her you may not be able to get her back across the border. If you don't have a note from her father they most likely will think your trying to take her or kidnapp her. Cause border patrol will not take anything lightly.

Hmmm...I don't think I can get a note from her father. He is not really around, and although we don't have a legal document stating custody, she is in my care 100% of the time.

ckiki,

I took my 11 and 9 years old sons with me for one of my fills. Now, they did not sit in the waiting room by themselves as their Dad was there too but they could have. I would think an 11 year old would be okay to sit in the waiting room by herself for the 15 minutes it takes you to get your fill. They might let her come in with you. They let me go in with my husband when he had his last fill, kids were not with us that time.

Coming back across the border we took birth certificates and school picture ID/military dependent ID card. They did encourage us to get border crossing cards or passports if we were going to be taking our children across the border regularly but they are encouraging those anyway as the deadline is June 2009 for passports/passcards.

I do not know why anyone would question you about bringing your daughter back into the US without permission from her father. Tijuana is a border town and a tourist destination, children travel there with their parents all the time. I would be more concerned about having the proper documentation birth. cert/picture ID. It might be best to check the government's website to see what they say about taking your children into/out of country. Better to be safe than to get detained at the border.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

Dawn

the issue would be crossing INTO mex. they could randomly stop and ask you if they notice a child.

But then really, what good is a note unless it notorized.

I have always thought passports were required unless both parents are present. And in order to get a passport, both parents have to sign.