Very discouraged

I need some motivation. Today is 26 days post op and I have lost a measly 4 lbs. I lost that the first week and have not budged since. I have been very dedicated and have not cheated. In fact, I really don't eat much at all. I'm beginning to think I have wasted alot of money and effort. I am destined to be fat. Any suggestions? Please.

I need some motivation. Today is 26 days post op and I have lost a measly 4 lbs. I lost that the first week and have not budged since. I have been very dedicated and have not cheated. In fact, I really don't eat much at all. I'm beginning to think I have wasted alot of money and effort. I am destined to be fat. Any suggestions? Please.

I am 12 days 13 days post op, in the first few days I was losing one lb a day, now I have been at the saem weight for a few days, I noticed I was not walking as much so I got back to that for the last 2 days. Im hoping that helps. Maybe walk an extra mile or do some light exercises through out the day. I hope I dont hit a stall like that. Im sure you will start losing again soon. Good luck.

you're only in your first month of being banded so give yourself a break. First 4-6 weeks are about the band healing in place, not weight loss. Besides you've probly eatin' so little food in the last few weeks that you're body is retaining everything it can. So just be patient. We all know that the band could take some time to produce real weight loss, even if it goes faster for others. In the meantime start exercising and trying to find things you really enjoy doing. And stick to the plan because you will start seeing results very soon. :-) Good luck!

Hi,

Please dont get discouraged. I was banded 11-14. After the 1st week on post op, I went for four weeks and lost nothing. I was getting frustrated as well. I got my first fill on

1-9-09 and I am doing better. I finally started to loose again. One thing that I think I was doing wrong was I was not eating my calories. I was not getting my 1200 a day and I was not getting enough protien. I have started really trying to hit my 1200 a day with high protien foods, this seems to be helping. Good Luck and hang in there.

Carrie

Don't get discouraged. And, be sure to get your calories in. If you are not eating enough... your body will fight to hold onto everything! Also, you should have no restriction right now. You don't officially have restriction until you get fills. However, be careful... things can get stuck; bread, meat, etc. I lost 20 pre-op and 15 post-op, but gained 7 after starting solids. I've finally lost those 7... and, I'm looking forward to my fill on Friday which is just over 6 weeks post-op for me. Give it time. The band is healing right now and your body is adjusting to the band.

Kristy

Thanks for the support. I probably am not eating enough. I have started walking but still have pain in the port area so have been taking it easy. I guess too easy. I do not feel restriction but all of the sudden when I am eating, I am full!! It really sneaks up on me. I haven't had anything get stuck but I do feel as though it is about to come back up. I have slowed down eating and cut it up real well. I guess I just assumed it would be easier since there isn't much getting eaten. Thanks again.

Thanks for the support. I probably am not eating enough. I have started walking but still have pain in the port area so have been taking it easy. I guess too easy. I do not feel restriction but all of the sudden when I am eating, I am full!! It really sneaks up on me. I haven't had anything get stuck but I do feel as though it is about to come back up. I have slowed down eating and cut it up real well. I guess I just assumed it would be easier since there isn't much getting eaten. Thanks again.

I wasn't eating enough either . I went over my food with my counselor at my Fill apt, and since then the weight is falling off. Why don't you list a sample of what you are eating here and maybe we can give you some ideas? Just a thought. Maybe we can see where you might need to add or subtract. At any rate, keep your chin up, your body will catch up and you will learn what you need to do. There is no possible way you can have the band and not lose if you learn how to eat properly. So, just know we are here to help you! ((BIG HUGS))

I haven't lost any weight since my first fill. I am trying not to get discouraged and hope this next fill really helps me. I don't seem to get full at meals at all! And I'm very hungery at night just as always.

I have accepted that it is a process and I am still positive about it.

I wasn't eating enough either . I went over my food with my counselor at my Fill apt, and since then the weight is falling off. Why don't you list a sample of what you are eating here and maybe we can give you some ideas? Just a thought. Maybe we can see where you might need to add or subtract. At any rate, keep your chin up, your body will catch up and you will learn what you need to do. There is no possible way you can have the band and not lose if you learn how to eat properly. So, just know we are here to help you! ((BIG HUGS))

Dana, I think that is what my problem is. Could you give us a sample menu of what you are eating throughout the day?

Thanks,

Hope

This was posted by someone and I have found it to be quite helpful. I am still learning. Banned 12 11 08 OCC

Good Luck on the awesome journey! Hope this helps.

Labella

In order to fuel your body for fat burning... you need to eat a healthy protein breakfast. Planning ahead gives us one less thing to have to figure out. Eat the same thing every morning for this week.

This is a key to success... if you have set meals that you always make, you don't have to make the good choices off the top of your head. For example, if I know that every morning will be a yogurt with Kay's Apple Cinnamon Protein Cereal blended in and I have 7 cartons of Dannon Light and Fit in the fridge... there is NO room for straying.

This is how we do it.

Breakfast...250 calories and 15-20 grams protein...choose one and do it everyday this coming week!

[/size][/font]

• Protein drink, protein shake, ready to drink protein

• Egg and Morningstar Farm sausage patty or a regular Brown & Serve sausage link

• Ricotta, cottage cheese, yogurt and fruit with a spoonful of Whey Gourmet tasty protein powder swirled in there (maybe a few sliced almonds)

• Two cheese sticks

• Muscle Milk Protein Chocolate Pudding cup

• Breakfast Vitamins: 1 Bariatric Advantage Chewable Multi Formula plus 1 Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrate Lozenge with food

Mid morning protein supplement... a 100 calorie, 15-20 gram protein boost

• AchievONE protein latte, Nectar fruity protein drink, Worldwide Pure Protein ready-to-drink shake, Extreme Smoothie ready-to-drink shake

• Mozarella stick

• Dannon Light and Fit yogurt

• 1/2 Power Crunch protein wafer bar, or 1/2 Revival Peanut Butter Paradise protein bar

• Coffee with Labrada ready-to-drink Vanilla Cream protein and DaVinci sugar free Caramel syrup

• Muscle Milk Chocolate Protein Pudding Cup

• bag of Revival Oh My Apple Pie Protein Crisps

Lunch...300-350 calories and 15-20 grams of protein consisting of food you prepare for and take to the office. Don't leave what you eat at your desk to chance. PLAN YOUR LUNCH. You'll burn more calories digesting your midday meal because protein is more difficult to break down than carbohydrates or fat and it will stay with you longer into your day.

• Roast deli turkey rolled up. Use a little salsa or ranch for dipping sauce, or roll up with hummus or whole grain mustard, or wasabi mustard. (MAYO is 100 calories per TEASPOON as are all fats, so measure and use as little as possible or substitute mustard or salsa-based moistening agents)

• 1/2 cup tuna salad or ricotta or cottage cheese on top of a slice of tomato

• Shredded salmon or deli meat blended with shredded lettuce, baby tomatoes, and lower fat dressing

• NO crackers, no rolls, no chips, no tortillas, no low carb wraps

• Lunch Vitamins: 1 Bariatric Advantage B-12 plus 1 Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrate Lozenge with food

Mid-afternoon protein supplement...a 100 calorie, 15-20 gram protein boost

• AchievONE protein latte, Nectar fruity protein drink, Worldwide Pure Protein ready-to-drink shake, Extreme Smoothie ready-to-drink shake

• Mozarella stick

• Dannon Light and Fit yogurt

• 1/2 Power Crunch protein wafer bar, or 1/2 Revival Peanut Butter Paradise protein bar

• Coffee with Labrada ready-to-drink Vanilla Cream protein and DaVinci sugar free Caramel syrup

• Muscle Milk Chocolate Protein Pudding Cup

Supper...a target of 300-400 calories and 20 grams of protein consisting of lean protein and a small salad or lower carb vegetable.

Make this a standard meal comprised of grilled, pan sauteed, or baked protein such as fish, chicken, or egg... with different bottled sauces or jar salsas to moisten and a small salad.

• Pan sauteed shrimp, with a little bottled salsa to moisten

• Grilled or pan sauteed turkey burger

• Baked salmon

• Broiled tilapia filet

• Two egg omelet - saute a few mushrooms, red peppers, spinach, onion, and add cheese

• All protein served with a tossed chopped salad of romaine lettuce, sliced grape tomatoes, cucumber cubes, and tossed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. (1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon balsamic... toss in a big bowl to coat entire salad. If you make a bigger salad, use 3 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar... be sure to season with salt and pepper!) You can use different salad ingredients for variety... sliced olives, cubed cukes, sliced grape tomatoes, chopped artichoke hearts. Sometimes, I just have sliced grape tomatoes and red onion... or tomato and avocado and spoon it on to pan sauteed shrimp with salt and pepper... easy and fast.

• Supper Vitamins: 1 Bariatric Advantage Chewable Multi Formula plus 1 Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrate Lozenge with food

No bread, no potato, no rice, no pasta, no tortilla, no wraps, no low carb bread, no crackers.

If you are an evening snacker as I am... use either your mid morning or mid afternoon supplement as an 8-9pm supplement so you will not mindlessly snack. Give yourself permission to have one of the 100 calorie supplement foods listed as a planned eating event.

Bedtime: 1 Bariatric Advantage Passion Fruit Chewable Iron

Dana, I think that is what my problem is. Could you give us a sample menu of what you are eating throughout the day?

Thanks,

Hope

Hi Hope!

This is my Routine and I generally stick with this ALL the time.

WakeUp 6:00am start with 2 cups of coffee (I find the heat helps my band in the early AM)

8:00 am Muscle Milk Light 8 oz pre made 150 calories, 20gprotein, 3 grams sugar

9:00 am 2 eggs 2 pieces of Turkey bacon

10:00 am Water & Crystal Light

11:00 am SNACK

String Cheese & Veggies (carrots, celerey, zucchini)

OR small banana or Berries.

12:00LUNCH

Ham or Turkey (lunch meat 3-4 oz)

1/2 oro wheat english muffin with fat free chz

OR

Chili, Refried Beans with 6 saltine crackers

3pm Snack

7 fat free pringles

4pm Muscle Milk

5pm Water/Crystal Light

6pmDinner

3-4 oz ground meat, ground turkey or 4 meatballs (I buy the frozen ones I found some high in protein)

frozen vegtable medley or salad with fat free dressing.

7-8 Water/Crystal Light

9pm Snack

Sugar Free Pudding with Fat free Whipped Cream

P.S. I REALLY believe the Muscle Milk has helped me tremendously!

Hi Hope!

This is my Routine and I generally stick with this ALL the time.

WakeUp 6:00am start with 2 cups of coffee (I find the heat helps my band in the early AM)

8:00 am Muscle Milk Light 8 oz pre made 150 calories, 20gprotein, 3 grams sugar

9:00 am 2 eggs 2 pieces of Turkey bacon

10:00 am Water & Crystal Light

11:00 am SNACK

String Cheese & Veggies (carrots, celerey, zucchini)

OR small banana or Berries.

12:00LUNCH

Ham or Turkey (lunch meat 3-4 oz)

1/2 oro wheat english muffin with fat free chz

OR

Chili, Refried Beans with 6 saltine crackers

3pm Snack

7 fat free pringles

4pm Muscle Milk

5pm Water/Crystal Light

6pmDinner

3-4 oz ground meat, ground turkey or 4 meatballs (I buy the frozen ones I found some high in protein)

frozen vegtable medley or salad with fat free dressing.

7-8 Water/Crystal Light

9pm Snack

Sugar Free Pudding with Fat free Whipped Cream

P.S. I REALLY believe the Muscle Milk has helped me tremendously!

Dana,

Thanks for the menu. Do you workout at all?

Sharon

Dana,

Thanks for the menu. Do you workout at all?

Sharon

All I do is my elliptical machine about 45 minutes a day. I also do some arm exercises. I walk my dogs a few days a week. :D

• 5 weeks later...

I cant say much i am newly banded but please do not lose your hope!! Your body is still healing and that means all sorts of changes. I would love an update in 3 months and trust be you will lose weight! Dont be hard on yourself your a wonderful person that has made such a huge and positive life changing decision! It just takes time thats all. The hard bits done!

LaBella, Band Diva and Dana - thank you SO much for what you posted! I'm saving this post for reference. Its GREAT info! What are your suggestions or what did you find successful for the 21 days following the surgery? Also, how long did it take for you to begin eating the plans you posted? What was the transition time to be able to eat like this? I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do during the 21 day liquid diet.

Hello all...

This has been great information. I'm having my banding on Monday the 16th. I'm really excited. It's been a great weight lifted from my mind when I finally made the desicion to do the surgery.

Thanks....Ter

Thank you all for posting your meals. I like getting new ideas! I will fully admit I haven't been sticking to my diet like I should, but on my good days here is what I have:

Note: I have a water bottle on my desk at work and drink as much as I can all day - don't really keep track. Also, have a mug at home that gets filled 1 hr after dinner and I keep drinking until I go to bed. Makes me pee all night, but that is OK!

B: Eggbeaters w/ cheese and either a piece of canadian bacon or turkey bacon

*Chewable multi-vitamin

10am: 1/2 of my protein bullet

L: Cubed ham, applesauce and cheese

3pm: 1/2 of my protein bullet

D: Several options, but here are my top faves:

* Steak and green beans

* Chicken w/ marinade and green beans

* Salmon patty and some type of veggies

I am a terrible cook, but am able to pull these off so if I can do it anyone can! :)