One year!!

Hello all,

Today is my one year anniversary. I can't believe that and entire year has gone by. It certainly was not an easy year by any means--but it's all worth it in the end.

I can't believe that I was almost 300 pounds at one point--I had trouble walking up the stairs and was short of breath all the time. Today, I can run on the treadmill and feel great.

It's been quite the emotional journey. The hardest part was the not being able to eat a lot of food part. I still struggle with that today--I always miss food. Thankfully, all the work I've put in has paid off, and will hopefully continue paying off.

I really encourage anybody that's thinking about having the band to do it. It's changed my life. I'm only 15, so I'll be able to be healthy for the rest of my life (hopefully :))

As someone two seasons ago on the Biggest Loser said, "I'm fat. I'm a statistic." How true that was. I was part of the --% of American teenagers who are severely overweight. Well, I am no longer! I may still be part of a statistic, but now it's a good one.

I used to feel like the odd one out--the one who was wearing 3x's and 24w's, the one who needed a seatbelt extension on the plane, the one who waited in line for a roller coaster ride only to find out that I was too big to fit on it. Now I feel like a normal person. I am beautiful, I am healthier, and I am happy.

Thanks to the forum for providing lots of useful information. I really hope that everyone here continues their hard work (I plan on staying here!)

I wish everyone good luck and much health,

--TRS

CONGRATULATIONS, You are a true inspiration to all.. You seem so wise beyond your years.

You should be so proud of yourself.

Keep up the good work!!

HAPPY BANDIVERSARY.

Hello all,

Today is my one year anniversary. I can't believe that and entire year has gone by. It certainly was not an easy year by any means--but it's all worth it in the end.

I can't believe that I was almost 300 pounds at one point--I had trouble walking up the stairs and was short of breath all the time. Today, I can run on the treadmill and feel great.

It's been quite the emotional journey. The hardest part was the not being able to eat a lot of food part. I still struggle with that today--I always miss food. Thankfully, all the work I've put in has paid off, and will hopefully continue paying off.

I really encourage anybody that's thinking about having the band to do it. It's changed my life. I'm only 15, so I'll be able to be healthy for the rest of my life (hopefully :))

As someone two seasons ago on the Biggest Loser said, "I'm fat. I'm a statistic." How true that was. I was part of the --% of American teenagers who are severely overweight. Well, I am no longer! I may still be part of a statistic, but now it's a good one.

I used to feel like the odd one out--the one who was wearing 3x's and 24w's, the one who needed a seatbelt extension on the plane, the one who waited in line for a roller coaster ride only to find out that I was too big to fit on it. Now I feel like a normal person. I am beautiful, I am healthier, and I am happy.

Thanks to the forum for providing lots of useful information. I really hope that everyone here continues their hard work (I plan on staying here!)

--TRS

Way to go! May I follow in your footsteps. One of the things that I read the most here for us newbies, is wanting to know what you eat or ate daily. When you get up for example, what do you eat or drink? etc. I would really appreciate it. Thanks Anne

the one who waited in line for a roller coaster ride only to find out that I was too big to fit on it.

I sooo hear you on this. I have avoided rides just because of this fear.

Congrats!!! :D

Congratulations! That is a fantastic accomplishment!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! =D> That is amazing. I know exactly how you feel when you say that you feel like a normal person. That is the way I feel now and it is the best feeling ever. Once again CONGRATULATION on all your success and I hope you continue with your weight loss. And HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY. ><'

Thanks everyone! It feels great to know that there's so much support out there.

For anyone who asked, I follow a low carb lifestyle--low carb Slimfast shakes everyday for breakfast, cheese, nuts, turkey, low carb chocolate, eggs etc. Not so calorie friendly I have to add, but that's what's easiest for me to follow.

I also drink at least 100 oz. of water/non-calorie drinks a day to keep hydrated and flush out my system.

Good luck, everybody!!

--TRS

• 3 months later...
Hello all,

--TRS

• 2 weeks later...