cake

OH HOW I MISS CAKES!!!! 9 months post-op and once a true lover of all types of pastries, but NO MORE!!!! I have tried and failed, I guess you could call that success!!! :lol2:

I have had been able to take a TINY bite and been alright, but not a whole slice or anymore than a forkfull... maybe you will -everyone is different.

My husband brought me a piece for our anniversary last wednesday, I was at work, well I just had to try a bite. The damn thing got stuck, so for me cake is a no no and I guess that is a good thing.

I know I know I know I know

we dont need to eat cake

However - sometimes cake is supposed to be eaten! lol my sister is getting married in June. I want to eat her wedding cake. Anyone have any problems with it?

I can eat about two bites of cake before it gets stuck...I say to you, savor those two mouthfuls, 'cause that's all you're going to get!! :)

That does make me a little sad actually! I have never been a pastry person and I don't really like frosting all that much but I do love a good slice of cake and I am going to 3 weddings this year! Luckily on my birthday I don't ever get cake I always get a slice of pumpkin cheesecake at Cheesecake factory, once a year and OH so delicious!

At 1.5 cc's I can eat muffins, cake, whatever. (I had to experiment). Actually, at Christmas I did have a full piece of cake (and finished it). It was a small piece, but still, it was great to have it! LOL Before I would have eaten one twice that size (WITH MILK).

Wow I guess I will just have to wait and see! Im anxious to figure out what i will be able to eat! lol

ALL White bread (biscuits etc.) & corbread, oranges, and steak. I can't eat. Anything else I can have!

I guess I could eat the steak if I wanted to cut it to oblivion and chew to eternity. But, why waste money on a good piece of meet and have to go through all that. Honestly, my craving for it is gone anyway, too much work.

Christy- it is just going to depend on your body and how it accepts certain things. It won't take long to figure out what works. Be careful with fish. It is so dry!

Cake is one of my MAJOR weaknesses, and I'm excited to day I have not craved it at all since being filled. And I've had quite a few opportunities to have some at work.

There was cake in the office fridge all week that I didn't touch, and on Thursday there was a huge chocolate sheet cake for someone's birthday, and I didn't look twice at it.... you don't want to know how much I would have eaten before the band!

I can eat about two bites of cake before it gets stuck...I say to you, savor those two mouthfuls, 'cause that's all you're going to get!! :)

DITTO! BUT, I can get away with eating a few bites of cake with no problem IF I have a smidgen of ice cream to go with each bite, for the moisture. Otherwise, it's too dry to swallow and you know how we cannot have anything to drink while eating...

The band can be a fickle thing. Sometimes, I can eat cake and other times I can't. Go slow and eat really small bites. I like Jazzy's ice cream idea!