I think I foget to chew

I'll be eating and things seem to be going well and then all the sudden, I get this pain in my chest and then I dont feel well. I dont feel like I am going to PB, I just feel gross. Then it will go away for a minute and I will continue eating and then it comes back, that heavy feeling. And I haven't hardly eatten anything. It kinda worries me. How do I know if I am chewing enough? Maybe I am eating too fast. I am not drinking while I am eating, so that is good but this feeling that comes over me.Wow, am I tight or what. I got my second fill about a week ago and it has not let up. It is the same as it was. I thought it was losen up a little. But man if I dont figure out how to eat right, this is going to be painful. I had to take one of those emzime pills the other day. Maybe something was stuck. within seconds it was better. It has got to be the way I am eating. The next time I eat, I am going to check every bite. I can't have this keep happening, it is scarry.

That's exactly waht happened to me with the cheeseburger I mentioned in your earlier post. I stop eating as soon as it happens.

No pb, just pain. It sucks and I am now chewing to paste and staying away from meat and bread. I'm going to have salmon for lunch and see how that goes. I only have 1.4 cc in my band so I don't think I could be that tight. Good luck figuring it out.

Sabrina:)

That's exactly waht happened to me with the cheeseburger I mentioned in your earlier post. I stop eating as soon as it happens.

No pb, just pain. It sucks and I am now chewing to paste and staying away from meat and bread. I'm going to have salmon for lunch and see how that goes. I only have 1.4 cc in my band so I don't think I could be that tight. Good luck figuring it out.

Sabrina:)

I get that feeling when food gets stuck, you think I would have learned by now to chew chew chew, but I always forget. Old habits are hard to break,

I only had 1.4 on my first fill and I got food stuck all the time, My son always scolded me saying bad bandster!!!!! The max that I can have in my band, without total restriction is 2cc, so everyone is different.

So just remember to chew chew chew.. and no cold pizza :( (used to be my favorite but no friggin way now)

Sorry to hear your painful experience. One thing I have learned is I cannot eat MANY things I used to be able to eat, sadly. Once I have a bad experience with something it's off the list whether I think I chewed it enough or not. I have been brave with a few foods and some work at another time but some no matter what get stuck. I also stop eating as soon as I feel that "stuck" feeling. Period, I am done. I have learned the hard way not to push it and add more food even after a short period and the feeling goes away. I chock it up to a learning experience and know next time to choose my food more wisely and/or chew very well and go SLOW! Hard to do but so essential. Take care Stormy.

Sounds like your fill just kicked in and maybe you should begin with the liquid stage and work your way back to solids. That's how you will realize how much food you no longer can have. I like to say that its not how much food you can have, its how much food you can NOT have. For example, if your usual serving is 6 oz of total food, and you can only eat half, reward yourself and WALK away from the table!

Try cutting your food so small, as if you are feeding a toddler. Of course chewing til its so watery you almost forgot what you are eating is good for you. Starting over from liquids to solids gives you a sense of renewal, because you are cautious with what to eat and see food as a nutrient, rather than a want. I like to do this once a month, whether I get a fill or not. I like to do it during TOM, because at that time my band tightens up and so I figure what not. Every month I realize that I can no longer have some of my old favorites which is good because I needed to stop eating SOME of those things anyways. Like this month I realize I can no longer have lettuce. I have tried eating it within taco salads, chili salads, anything that warms it and makes it soft (I know that sounds gross, but I like lettuce) anyways, nothing worked so no more lettuce for me. Right now, all veggies have to be cooked -not mushy, but cooked.

There was a couple of months where I couldn't eat red meat, but I can eat medium rare red meat again. There was a few months where I could NOT have chocolate, not even protien shakes... now I can again... thank GOD :lol2: