Plastic Surgery

hi,

I am curious if anyone here has gotten to their goal or close to it and not needed any plastic surgery for their tummies, etc? I am wanting to lose quite a bit of weight and the thought of having to have a ton of surgery after losing the weight is disappointing.

Can anything be done to prevent it? I know creams and lotions wont really do much - but will alot of exercising?

Christy, I know exercise does help, and probably your age as well. I know I will probably need a tummy tuck down the road because I already had one child and definitely want more, but as far as anything else, I don't think I will :)

Unfortunately that varies from person to person. I'm told the younger you are, the better elasticity you will have, but even then it is a crap shoot. I've heard there are several things you can do to help it along, but not sure how well they really work. But I hear exercise and drinking lots of water can help. Guess it can't hurt!

I think it is probably all a personal opinion, basically in clothes I feel that I look great...

But when I look at myself naked it's kind of icky, now for me I never lost the weight I put on when I had my son 6 years ago (I gained about 70lbs) so I was only overweight for those 6 years but it's possible that this is what I would have looked like if I had lost that weight right after he was born (but I seriously doubt it).

I guess if I was still married my husband (who has only known me as overweight) would have had zero qualms about the loose skin and hanging breasts but now that I am dating and potentially will be nude for the first time with someone who doesn't know I was ever fat I do feel more self concious and am leaning towards getting a body lift and breast lift!

So it is going to be a personal choice that only you can make when you reach (or get close to) your goal!

Michelle,

Thanks for the info - I know I've followed your posts for a while - and I have the same body shape as you had before you lost the weight - so i was interested in what you had to say about it - but i saw your pics you posted a week or so ago and you looked great in them from what i could see - but like you said its a personal opinion.

I havent had children yet so I wouldnt want to have any Tummy Tucks or any surgery really until I was finished with that - becuase pregancy changes your body so much - so hopefully it will all turn out ok. I guess i better up my water intake lol

I think it is probably all a personal opinion, basically in clothes I feel that I look great...

But when I look at myself naked it's kind of icky, now for me I never lost the weight I put on when I had my son 6 years ago (I gained about 70lbs) so I was only overweight for those 6 years but it's possible that this is what I would have looked like if I had lost that weight right after he was born (but I seriously doubt it).

I guess if I was still married my husband (who has only known me as overweight) would have had zero qualms about the loose skin and hanging breasts but now that I am dating and potentially will be nude for the first time with someone who doesn't know I was ever fat I do feel more self concious and am leaning towards getting a body lift and breast lift!

So it is going to be a personal choice that only you can make when you reach (or get close to) your goal!

Am I missing something?!? "If you were still married"?!? Perhaps it's none of my business, but I literally gasped out loud when I read that. I hope everything is OK with you!

Am I missing something?!? "If you were still married"?!? Perhaps it's none of my business, but I literally gasped out loud when I read that. I hope everything is OK with you!

I NEVER REALIZED MICHELLE WAS SINGLE EITHER BUT HOT DAMN, YOU LOOK AWESOME IN YOUR NEW PIC THERE MICHELLE :)

hi,

I am curious if anyone here has gotten to their goal or close to it and not needed any plastic surgery for their tummies, etc? I am wanting to lose quite a bit of weight and the thought of having to have a ton of surgery after losing the weight is disappointing.

Can anything be done to prevent it? I know creams and lotions wont really do much - but will alot of exercising?

I would have to agree with many of the previous people. i like to way i look in clothes, especially with the idea that i am a size 2. i do however do not feel the same way when i am naked. at the same time, when my husband met me i was a sport person, so going for surgery and getting even smaller than a size 2 also scares me. i will be going for a tummy tuck as soon as i can put the money together, but once again is a personal choice. i am 27 years old with 2 children and maybe if i never had kids and drank tons of water, i might not be needing it, but who knows. Dont get discourage since everyone is different. just keep up with the hard work. :D

I am not having additional surgery when I hit goal weight. I realize that it is a personal decision, but I am 46 years old and I think there should be parts of my body that are not the same as when I was 20. I don't think losing the weight has made a difference in that aspect. Am I thrilled with how my body looks without clothing?? OF COURSE NOT! What woman is? But I have learned to appreciate what I have and feel it beats the alternative.

Don't get me wrong, i fight gravity in other ways. I drink a ton of water (always have), I exercise almost daily by walking 4-6 miles, do 300 push-ups every other day (this does lift the breasts) and ab work when I remember (wish I remembered more!)

A very wise hair dresser once told me, that I needed to not be so critical of myself all the time and to realize that if someone is close enough to see me without clothes or that I have a small pimple or something, that is not what they are thinking about anyway. If they are, who needs them!!

Good luck with your decision!

My stomach is awful..2 kids..lost almost 100 lbs. I am having a tummy tuck/breast lift 2 days from now and I am really excited. I am sure this will be the final leg of my journey!

When I was pregnant last year my baby was so big that my stomach was stretched to the absolute MAX, by the end I had both vertical and horizontal stretch marks :( boo... My body shape is so completely different now that even though I am officially back to pre-baby weight, none of my old clothes fit me yet because of my stomach.

Anyways, I told my husband that after I have our next baby or 2 that I will be wanting a tummy tuck and a breast lift, I don't necessarily want implants but I would really like them to sit up where they are supposed to!

Hi

Isn't it amazing Kim and Michelle that only a year ago we were all in a different place

and now plastic surgery is on our list.I want all of it ,But I need the money first. LOL

Good luck Kim Let us know how it goes.

You are all three such rock stars! Seeing your progress in just one year makes me really hopeful for my 1 year bandiversary! Great job!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow Michelle...I was actually on the phone with my boyfriend telling him how great I thought you looked and how jealous I was that you don't have that loose skin that everyone talks about! I guess what is under the clothes is different for all of us!

Thanks for sharing AGAIN!

I am definitely thinking about having the boobs fixed. Two kids, (both nursed), age (50) and a history of being overweight has taken its toll. I do not know about the tummy tuck. I would like to try to fix the "middle age spread" with exercise before going under the knife. But, I'm not there yet and have some time to think about it. And surgery (and its associated risks) really creep me out and since my boys are still pretty young, it is hard for me to justify taking the risk at this time. I do not like to be "put under."

I liked what Kimmy said about NOT being so critical of ourselves all the time but... I can understand what Michelle is saying because she is in a different stage of her life where she is dating again.

My husband does not care. If I want to do it, he will support me. But, in reality, sending my boys to college will probably trump getting a flatter stomach and perkier breasts.

Dawn

I have such bad stretch marks from when I had my son that I will almost certainly have to do the tuck. But the Dr. I saw said that we might be able to just do a skin removal.

One thing that he mentioned which really weighed in on whether I will do it or not....if you have a tuck you cannot use the skin from the stomach for breast reconstruction in the event breast cancer ever becomes an issue.

It’s a personal decision and we’re all so different. Its really based on your genetics, your age, how you feel about your body, how important it is to you, can you afford it and the last one is if a surgeon will allow you to have one. (My surgeon let my friend know it wasn’t the best option and there were other things that she could do).

No one’s too fast or too slow (your doc will help you with that decision) no one out there knows (as Michelle put it so well) how we look under our clothes and in addition how that makes us feel.

If you don’t want one or don’t need it that’s awesome, and more power to you – if you’re someone that can afford it, needs it and wants it – go for it. It’s like the lap band – so many of us on this board are lower BMI’s and truthfully you wouldn’t be able to get the band in the States. Does that mean you really shouldn’t have gotten one – no is my personal belief. If this is the option that works for you and something you wanted to improve your life and self worth – go for it. It’s the same with plastic surgery. It’s all up to you and your doctor.

I personally love mine – its great to love your body and I’m happy if people can find other options that work for them – for me – I’ve never felt better. I’m like many – older and lost a lot of weight, nursed three boys and had ugly stretch marks. I was always focused on taking care of others and my PS was a way to give back to me. I’m glad I did, I have more confidence and love what I see. It’s a nice feeling. Its was just the finishing touch to the accomplishments I had with my band, the bow on the wrapped present and husband who said he didn’t care – loves the new me.

haha... I just posted a video and blog about it today. I knew one day years ago, when I'd gotten fat to the point that my body would never be the same again. I am starting to research plastic surgery online. Tummy tuck is the first up, but honestly I'd like to have kids before that or the breast reduction/lift. Arm lift and thigh lift are what I'll probly do after goal.