I am LOVING my band!

Hey everyone, so yesterday was my first day of solids, and everything went really well. I was nervous about eating, but now I am getting the hang of it. I can eat just a small amount and feel satisfied, and I hoping this will continue, so I can lose some more weight.

Something I have noticed is how much people eat. We went to Disneyland last night, and I ordered a kids meal, which consisted of 4 chicken nuggets and either fries or apple slices, I ordered the apple slices, which I was so proud of myself for, because I would have never done that in the past. Well I only ate 3 of the 4 nuggets and the apples and was satisfied, and then I look around to see what other people are eating and it's so much..lol!!

The only thing that's really hard for me is not drinking liquid after I eat. I am so used to drinking water all day, that the hour just creeps by. I sit there and watch it just dying to drink. In fact, it put me in a bad mood yesterday, I was just so angry that I couldn't drink some water, I was snapping at everyone. I know it will get better, but it's really hard!!

Besides that, everything is going good, and I love this band, and I am so glad that I made the decision to have this done! :)

Hi ckiki! Glad to see that you are doing good. Now a tip for your water issue. I, too, am a water drinker and lots of this is mental as well as physical. You need to convince your mind and body that you WILL be able to drink more water later. You know for a fact that you will drink again, so make the best of this situation as you can. Drink up to 10 to 15 minutes before you eat. Then wait 45 min to an hour before you take your next drink.

You are focusing way too much for that 'next' drink. You'd start getting frustrated, annoyed and stressed out and this is not a good thing.

Also, don't forget the 'other' liquids to quench your thirst. Don't rely solely on water. Your body may be lacking of other nutrients it's craving for, such as V8, fruit juices, Crystal Light, tea, Gatorade, hot cocoa, etc.

Hope this helps...good luck and hang in there! 15179a3r8boqxal.gif

Hi

If I'm really desperate for a drink after eating I will suck on an ice-cube.

It does help and then I try to keep busy until the hour goes by.

Good luck.

Oh yes ~ I forgot this option too. I've haven't the need, but good to know...good point Niciole!

Ckiki,

That's so cool, that's the attitude that people have who always succeed with their band - congrats and just let it do its job. (Not the snapping part - they gave you great feedback on how to fix that)

I still watch people eat and have a hard time remembering when I could eat like that - and I imagine it as a pile in my stomach turning to fat on my body. ICK!

Keep up the hard work - you're doing great!

Lisa

Hey Ckiki!

I am loving mine too so far! I went to dinner with my friend last night and I ordered a chicken sandwich and fries and I cut my sandwich in half and I ate about 3/4 of one half and 2 single fries and I was done - there was no way I could eat more. I was like WOW!

The one thing i have noticed is no matter when i eat or what i eat, I burp alot aftewards - and if I cant burp for a while - my shoulder kills me. Tonight driving home, i hadnt eaten anything in hours and all of a sudden my shoulder started hurting out of the blue, I hit a bump in the road and that made me burp finally (gross i know) lol and BAM my shoulder stops hurting. Its so weird!

With the water thing - when I get done eating I check the clock and then I find something to do immediately - and before I know it, I check the clock again and the hour is almost up - i hate the food taste still being in my mouth, i am always desperate to rinse my mouth after eating so its hard for me too.

Good luck! I havent weighed myself in a week, I am trying to "suprise" myself when i finally weigh - I hope I have lost more.

:)

Hey Ckiki!

I am loving mine too so far! I went to dinner with my friend last night and I ordered a chicken sandwich and fries and I cut my sandwich in half and I ate about 3/4 of one half and 2 single fries and I was done - there was no way I could eat more. I was like WOW!

The one thing i have noticed is no matter when i eat or what i eat, I burp alot aftewards - and if I cant burp for a while - my shoulder kills me. Tonight driving home, i hadnt eaten anything in hours and all of a sudden my shoulder started hurting out of the blue, I hit a bump in the road and that made me burp finally (gross i know) lol and BAM my shoulder stops hurting. Its so weird!

With the water thing - when I get done eating I check the clock and then I find something to do immediately - and before I know it, I check the clock again and the hour is almost up - i hate the food taste still being in my mouth, i am always desperate to rinse my mouth after eating so its hard for me too.

Good luck! I havent weighed myself in a week, I am trying to "suprise" myself when i finally weigh - I hope I have lost more.

Hey Christy, glad to you hear your doing well. And I know exactly what you mean about burping. I burp alot now..lol, and it always feels so good. I have been doing the ice thing after eating at times when I really need it, like if I have eaten something spicy, and it does work. I also chew gum, which I saw someone mention that on here, just a half of a slice, and that seems to be helping alot too.

This may be a TMI, but I was having bathroom problems, like I haven't gone in 2 weeks, I was starting to get worried...lol. I have been taking benefiber and it didn't work, so today I finally had milk of magnesia, and it gave me the runs...but I feel so much better now. -_-

Well thanks everyone, and good luck to you Christy, and everyone else here. :)

Does gum cause gas? I know after surgery they said no gum...but does it matter now? I'm 2 weeks post op....hmm...just wondering.

Hey Christy, glad to you hear your doing well. And I know exactly what you mean about burping. I burp alot now..lol, and it always feels so good. I have been doing the ice thing after eating at times when I really need it, like if I have eaten something spicy, and it does work. I also chew gum, which I saw someone mention that on here, just a half of a slice, and that seems to be helping alot too.

This may be a TMI, but I was having bathroom problems, like I haven't gone in 2 weeks, I was starting to get worried...lol. I have been taking benefiber and it didn't work, so today I finally had milk of magnesia, and it gave me the runs...but I feel so much better now. -_-

Well thanks everyone, and good luck to you Christy, and everyone else here. :)

Jennifer,

Chewing gum doesnt give me gas at all

Ckiki,

Im the exact opposite. Since starting on those drinkable yogurts, im going everyday twice usually and that was NEVER the case before surgery. I dont even like the drinkable yogurts but I keep drinking them for this reason only lol