considering mexico for lap band??

$19,500 at the clinic closest to where I live

$at the OCC

Dr.s, nurses, staff were all wonderful and the doctors in the US could learn some bedside manner from them in my opinion.

Clean facilities and operating room - Dr. Ortiz joked with me that I could tell my family that the dirt floors in the operating room were very clean and they kept all the chickens outside! So I have and they all laugh :)

Hotel was excellent and clean.

So far this has been one of the best decisions of my life and I can't wait until I loose all the weight!

Good luck with your journey!

WOW,

I too am considering the OCC Option. I have the standard conceptions about having surgery out of the country. and it is good to hear that you all seem to be very satisfied.

Any idea if financing is available? Where did Dr Ortiz go to school etc.... so many questions....

I am about 100 lbs overweight. I have Kaiser ins but have heard it takes many, many months to get done.

Thanks for your feedback. :huh:

Best decision ever.... My life has changed tremendously. Hard to believe it has been almost 2 years already. My friends and family can't believe how different I look. The OCC was great. This truly is a life investment in yourself!

Good luck on your journey.....

Hi, Im from Ca. and i'm considering having the lap band in Mexico, i've heard alot of good things about the OCC, with Dr. Ortiz, just looking for some positive feedback it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you! :D

I have not met the guy yet either.. but heard alot of good things about it...

even from the T.V show Doctors..

I am going on the 15th.

Hope things will go just fine

:D

Best decision ever.... My life has changed tremendously. Hard to believe it has been almost 2 years already. My friends and family can't believe how different I look. The OCC was great. This truly is a life investment in yourself!

Good luck on your journey.....

Fantastic! I am still looking to see how I can pay. I have many Family obligations that come first. But I am going to do it, Thanks!

I live in Texas and I was very concerned about going to Tijuana for lap band surgery. My insurance wouldn't pay for it...they would only pay for it if my BMI was above 40 for 5 consecutive years....it was at 39, so they said "No".

I read all the testimonials about OCC and found nothing but good things. I found that a little worrisome. How can Dr. Ortiz see soooo many people and not anyone had anything bad to say? I found that VERY hard to believe.

But, if I was going to get this done, I knew I couldn't afford the $14,000+ they were charging here in Dallas.

So, I went to OCC and to Dr. Ortiz just 21 days ago (yea for solid food tomorrow!!!).

And now I know why there isn't any bad publicity about Dr. Ortiz.....the experience is as good (or better) than everyone says it is. Yea, I know, this goes against my "worrisome" comment....but it's true - the whole experience was fantastic and I have already recommended Dr. Ortiz to a few of my friends...and will continue to recommend him to everyone who is interested in the Lap Band.

So - don't worry that it's Mexico...feel good in the fact that you will have an excellent experience that you would never get here in the U.S.

If you want it bad enough and are willing to make the changes necessary to live a better, more fullfilling life then find a way..I up'ed for a larger balance on my CC, and I will just pay some every month for itl..(Granted the interest rate is low low)...Find a way.

Kim

There are several financing options that the OCC refers you to, but watch out the interest rates on those are off the charts. I'd opt for seeing if you can get a loan through your bank or like has been said use one of your credit cards where the interest rate is lower. I was fortunate my dad took out a loan and I am paying him back.

Like everyone said I would do it again in less than a heartbeat! And i'm even saying that after PB'ing today! :angry:

Still the best decision i've ever made in my life. It's made me really reconsider a lot of things in other areas of my life as well. Has been a real life changer!

Well,,,,,,,,,you want positive feedback?....It was the best experience I have ever had. I work in the medical field and the clinic in Mexico is much cleaner than any hospital or clinic I have ever been to. Dr. Ortiz, Martinez, So are all wonderful. I will have to say the band and Mexico is the best thing I have ever done for myself.........NO REGRETS!!!

I completely agree! I found out after I had my surgery with Dr. Ortiz that my Blue Cross policy would pay for lapband after a 6 month period of jumping through hoops. I still don't regret paying for it myself and going to Mexico. My husband refuses to try to get the insurance to pay for his.

He went to Mx with me and he wants Dr. Ortiz to do his surgery also. He is scheduled to be banded April 6th. He borrowed from his 401k to pay for my surgery and we are using a credit card to pay for his. Even with the extra bills each month, I have no regrets. Watching the numbers on my scale get lower and lower has been worth every penny.

I can't brag enough about how awesome the OCC is. I just wish I could afford to fly out for all my fills.

You will not regret your decision! Take lots of time to read through old threads on here. I also encourage everyone to get a notebook and take notes regarding things you read in here. I did that and read up on Dr. O and by the time I was ready to go I felt really prepared and confident that I had made a great choice. I wasn't nervous at all, just ancy to get it done!

I would recommend anyone to OCC!!

• 2 weeks later...