Just got my band at OCC today

Hello everyone,

I just got my band a few hours ago. I arrived in San Diego, and the driver was right there...Took us to OCC, and whammo with in one hour I will having my surgery.

I only have pain at the port site..Nothing that I can't handle. Hurts a bit getting up and out of bed...

OCC is very nice, and you do get taken care of well. I feel like I should be able to burp but its just not happening.

Thank you everyone on this board for word of encouragement....They really do help....

Kim ;)

I can't burp anymore either. I used to be able to swallow enough air to say my ABC's practically but not anymore. Oh I can still swallow air but it doesn't come back up. Definately worth the trade off though. Glad everything went alright for you. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Welcome to BANDLAND !!

Congrats on being banded!! :) I hear ya on burping, it took me 3 days to finally get a really good burp out after surgery. Now I can really let huge ones out and they feel so good..lol.

Take care of yourself :)

I love how this forum is so dang supportive :) I'm so excited to have my band. BTW..the seroma issue I was having (grape sized knot under the scar) it gone. YAY! The fluid must have reabsorbed into my body. :) My scars are so minimal. Started using Vit E a few days ago. I probably could have started that sooner but I forgot. Now I'm using it faithfully. I need to remember my ticker password so I can update my weight loss to 15 lbs. Good luck everyone and know that I'm reading everything and even older posts just to get all the info I possibly can (tip, tricks, unforeseen issues, etc.) This is the best forum! :)

Regards,

Jennifer

Congrats on being banded!! :) I hear ya on burping, it took me 3 days to finally get a really good burp out after surgery. Now I can really let huge ones out and they feel so good..lol.

Take care of yourself :)

Sooo had the same thing! Before being banded I couldn't burp if you paid me. But then, a few days after surgery and even since i've been able to let them rip with the best of them! I love it! :D

It took me over a week to be able to burp again. Every time I would drink anything it was this awful feeling of needing to burp and just couldn't. Eventually I was able to let little ones out but even now I can't burp large burps anymore. I guess it's just a small price to pay! :) Congrats on your surgery!

had a great time with those getting fills and those getting banded. Met MalCal and I think a trip to Africa may come your way....LOL I have just started to burp...And I get so excited when I fart....because the gas is coming out somewhere.... :lol: My port site is a bit sore...but nothing I can live with.

Thanks for everything.

Kim