Any other hotels?

Have any of you stayed in other hotels in TJ besides the Lucerna? Id like to try somewhere different next time.

CB, i'm going on sunday and rene offered me a choice between Lucerna and the Marriott... i chose the marriott. it looks so luxurious and has a gym, a tapas bar, business center, pool, etc.

check it out (hope this link shows up): http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/tijm...marriott-hotel/

For my first post-op follow up in June, my family and I decided to vacation in Mexico and we stayed at the Grand Hotel Tijuana which was AWESOME. They have a pool, on the second or third floor, a full golf course, workout room, two full restaurants, a bar, dr offices, spas, a whole shopping center inside the hotel. And free Internet and free in-gargage secure parking. My husband is a veteran, so we have a discounted membership that allowed us to book three conjoining rooms for about $400 for a week!!!! OMG, it was the best. We had our privacy, while our boys had their "own" rooms. The best thing was that we had access to all rooms, while no one could come in or out unless unlocking the "main" door. Really nice! Also, across the street was Burger King, Subway, and some other fast food places. Down the street is Sam's club, a theater, and Chuck E Cheese/ Peter Pipers Pizza, and way further down the street is Ave Revolution. I too thought about the Marriot, which actually is futher down the street north from the Grand Hotel. But, I'm glad we chose them.

Here's the link:

Grand Hotel Tijuana

Have any of you stayed in other hotels in TJ besides the Lucerna? Id like to try somewhere different next time.

When I was looking for a hotel for the Band Camp 2009 I got alot of info on the Hotel Real Del Rio. It's a couple blocks closer to the OCC. It has just been remodeled and it looked nice. The manager Pablo was really nice and speaks good english. He had prices better than the Lucerna. You can contact him with this email link. Pablo

If you or any other forum members stay there,, let us know what you thought of the place.

great thanks guys! Ill let you know what happens. I am either going to stay at one of those hotels or at a friends. I was angry that our friends couldnt even come to our room?!? well one day they did - but whenever the front desk saw anyone come up - that was it...annoying

With all the bad publicity of the drug gang wars, maybe the Lucerna has beefed up its security. Did you talk to the front desk and tell them you were expecting friends?

With all the bad publicity of the drug gang wars, maybe the Lucerna has beefed up its security. Did you talk to the front desk and tell them you were expecting friends?

Personally, I loved Lucerna and never had anything but a great time there on all 3 trips. But, I decided to do something different this time and stay at the Marriot. I sure hope they are as helpful as Lucerna. I hope they are also aware of Dr. Ortiz's patients and that we are there because of him.

Let me know how the Mariott is. My two trips down I was fine at the Lucerna except this last time one of the guys at the front desk was a Jerk and wouldnt even let our friends up to our room to pick us up and was a real @ss

yup - we explained and everything- it was just that one guy, then we kept seeing him and he would give us the eye lol...but really it made us very uncomfortable - we didnt even want to go down to the restaraunt